What is the weirdest fashion trend in history and why is it Rococo? Seriously, who the fuck thought wigs looked cool?

What is the weirdest fashion trend in history and why is it Rococo? Seriously, who the fuck thought wigs looked cool?

The French.

/fil

Either this or the current fashion trends.

>he doesn't think wigs are cool
plebbiest of plebs

There was a syphilis epidemic in the 1500s, certainly in France, likely in other parts of Europe too. Some of the resulting symptoms included patchy hair loss and rashes. This was primarily in the aristocracy though, so it might explain the absurd wigs and attire, which could have been an attempt to distract each other from the underlying illness and to still appear superior to the working classes.

Yes, it probably began as a coverup but caught on as fashion.

I loved the fashion in this movie. Call me a fag, I don't give a shit. I get why people may not like it, though.

this shit is dope af senpai dont know what you're talking about desu

Brace yourself, as Rococopunk is gaining traction, and is a fuck of a lot better than the shitty cogfop brown bullshit that tried to happen.

I for one, welcome this. There was a hot thread in /s/ about it a while ago.

Goth lolita has been around for decades

>it's a millennials ruin everything episode

just fuck up my culture senpai

Wigs were worn because most aristocrats shaved their heads because lice were so prevalent.

Wig wearing became popular after one of the Louis french kings wore one. It just lasted for a few hundred years after that.

White people since they have an eternal obsession with whiteness.

Old man wigs too. And if that wasn't enough the men wore heels, a woman's shoe.

Like the vast idea of steampunk (which I hate on principle anyways), the majority of rococopunk is poorly designed, with a lack of fundamental understanding behind the clothing or material culture.

You mean 80's aristocratic goth, yes? Its what Gothic Lolita evolved from.

Sadly.

No. This is Victorian "we're so much better than the past" selfwankery. See for a proper reason.

Men who didn't want their shoes to slip through the stirrup while horseback riding.

Fashion is seriously the most idiotic thing ever.

>dat pic
He looks like the kind of guy who can kill you, and waltz his way into your lady's bed.

every man's goal, yes?

it's all hideous garish nonsense

the peak of general human aesthetic fashion was the late 19th century/ turn of the century

men fashion was good
women fashion was cancer

See >the majority of rococopunk is poorly designed, with a lack of fundamental understanding behind the clothing or material culture.

>he thinks fashion is dictated by what "looked cool" and not what cost a fuck ton of time and money to make

Yes, but don't confuse retarded "-punk" movements with actual rococo. The same way you wouldn't confuse a Renaissance fair for something actually Renaissance.

>no skin showing on womens bodies
Might as well be Saudis.

[] Respectfully disagree

Pretty much.

Early 16thC, and mid 18thC a best.

A. BEST.

Pic related. Sadly, my options are military uniform, upper middle class and sailor, but I wish I could dress more macaroni.

the fifth element did it already, and so much better.

I mean, that picture is from a costume event so it's not really indicative of any wider trend, same as vaguely historical inspired lolita fashion isn't indicative of a trend towards crazy wigs or rococo fashion style coming back.