Atheist taking points

>thinks all Christianity is American protacuckism historically and contemporary
>calls god a "wizard," as if the wizard archetype wasn't based on godlike figures
>thinks religion and mysticism is Hollywood and vidya game magic as opposed to Hollywood and vidya game magic being misconstrued and misunderstand imitations of religion and mysticism
How did atheist become so knowledgeable?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/enlightened-living/201010/atheistsagnostics-more-knowledgeable-about-religion
pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The problem is that faith involves the acceptance of a set of beliefs in excess of that which is warrented by the evidence. The downside of faith is that there is no way of adjudicating between competing faiths, and hence the resort to force by those in power to impose conformity.

>as if the same doesn't apply to atheism or securlism

Mad OP is mad

>The problem is that atheism involves the acceptance of a set of beliefs in excess of that which is warrented by the evidence. The downside of atheism is that there is no way of adjudicating between competing approaches, and hence the resort to force by those in power to impose conformity.

It fucking applies the same to atheism and the Atheism+ crowd. See how many blindly follow Dawkins.

go back to watching Jordan Peterson videos and pretending like you have the same level of understanding

>Atheists fight over which atheism is correct.

You got my to reply, congrats.

>& Humanities

>implying atheist didn't use force to oppress whoever didn't believe their religion of philosophical materialism

This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc

>Religion
back to ribbit

Well considering you had the inquisition, I hardly expect you to take the moral high ground...

Fedora hypocrisy was of note. Not any perceived moral high ground. Even if that was the case I support the inquisition anyway. If anything exposing crypto Jews was the moral high ground.

you're about 10 years late man.

Dawkins is barely a thing.

It's unfortunate that so many of them don't take the time to actually familiarize themselves with actual Christian theology. If you're going to dismiss something as bunk you might as well take the time to actually understand it properly. I'm not a Muslim because I've done my own research into Islam and there are points that make me think Muhammad was not an actual prophet. An atheist makes up the most ridiculous strawman they can then uses that as the basis of their rejection.

why do people feel the need to pick fights?

nice to see this thread being full of strawmen. they're so much more fun to burn down than anything actually being discussed

Part of the problem is so many western christians don't understand the religion itself. An issue which is the result of both living in an atheistic secular society which as well as a general degradation of Christian understanding over the span of many centuries.

The root cause is American Protestantism which is the most shallow form of Christianity there has ever been. Cancer like Televangelists and faith healing frauds pervade American Christianity and taint the message, people using Bible verses to justify bigotry and hatred, trying to argue that the world is only 6000 years old and that evolution is false because Jeebus told them so. Since America has a cultural monopoly in the west that is the spiritually dead form of Christianity many are exposed to in media, and it isn't surprising it's turning people off in droves

Not him, but do you have brain damage? He's saying the "&humanities" shit is the reason why we have threads like this all day every day. Humanities was a mistake.

but studies generally show atheists being more knowledgeable about christian theology than christians. ex-muslims definitely know more about the qoran and hadiths than the average muslim; some causes for these phenomena are shared.

not accepting an assertion without proof is the exact opposite of ridiculous. christians and muslims get annoyed when they're not understood properly, but what did you do to all the ideas that came before abrahamism besides violent dismissal?

>but studies generally show atheists being more knowledgeable about christian theology than christians.
Bullshit. I haven't seen one atheist on Veeky Forums who's knowledge of Christian theology went beyond stale amazing atheist memes. At best they know a little about American Protestantism.

It's called science nigga

psychologytoday.com/blog/enlightened-living/201010/atheistsagnostics-more-knowledgeable-about-religion

If you bothered to read deeper into the study you'd know christians know more about Christianity, atheist know more about non-Christian religions. Mostly pleb tier wiki knowledge such as "who is the leader of Buddhism."

[citation needed]

pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/

All that says is that atheists have greater overall knowledge of religions, not a greater depth of knowledge of a specific religion. I would says any proper practicing Christian who reads the Bible and does a bit of theological research would know far more about their religion than the average atheist. That said there are a large number of CACO Christians who just go to Church as routine and know very little about their faith. That said it's embarrassing for guys like Dawkins who spend large amounts of their time writing anti-Christian polemics and debating about it to have so many gross misconceptions about Christian doctrine and theology.