Any /Status/ Bros here? Don't miss out on this amazing ICO

> Missed BTC
> Missed ETH
> Missed LTC
> About to miss SNT

You can't be serious. Get ready. Get your seats. They have an amazing dev team, innovative features and a bright future. Blockfolio endorses them too, combining Blockchain with normie technology (phones, social media) will make this market explode.

You can read into it here
status.im/

Other urls found in this thread:

contribute.status.im/
status-im.slack.com/conversation/status/p1497318991745189
status.im/whitepaper.pdf
myetherwallet.com/
status-im.slack.com/archives/C3NRE0L3U/p1497400228803810
youtube.com/watch?v=-BVpm8cPLUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unfortunately US IPs are going to be blocked from the ICO

contribute.status.im/

> The Contribution Period will start on June 17th 2017 at 2pm GMT (UTC+0) and will end on 1 July 2017 at 2pm GMT (UTC+0), or within 24 hours after the First Ceiling has been reached.

> The exact start date is determined by a block number. We will announce the exact block number and contribution contract address here once it’s deployed to the Ethereum network - a day before the start of the Contribution Period.

> Our Terms & Conditions will be published here in the coming days. To contribute, you must press the 'Participate' above on/after 2pm GMT on June 17th and agree to the Terms & Conditions, and then send ETH (ether) to the Smart Contract address shown using Metamask, MyEtherWallet, Mist, Parity or imToken.

> DO NOT send ether directly from any exchanges, including Poloniex, Coinbase, Bitfinex etc. This will result in the loss of your ETH.

> DO NOT send ether directly from any exchanges, including Poloniex, Coinbase, Bitfinex etc. This will result in the loss of your ETH.

status-im.slack.com/conversation/status/p1497318991745189

> 631380542: Are US citizens allowed to participate?
Unfortunately not, due to the lack of regulatory clarity there, we decided not to allow any US contributors at this time. It's also important to check the laws of your local jurisdiction as well."

You are retarded. They can't block IPs from sending to an address lmao.

STOP TELLING THESE RETARDS ABOUT ICOS

Hell yeah I'm getting in on this. Gonna put at least 1 or 2 eth in.

h-h-how to buy this?

Send eth to myetherwallet then once the ico goes live send eth to the address they put up. It's that easy.

This

Also I'm putting 10eth in

This is a short term x5 project and long-term x100

I'm afraid of it going to shit right after ICO, whenever it hits exchanges, like BAT and many other ICOs.
Do you think that'll happen?

Look at all the money in shitcoins

Investors are begging for real projects to invest in

also BAT is about x4 from ico price

Are there any tokens that have maintained their value long after the ICO is over?

I have 5.8 eth, how much should I put in and how likely am I not gonna lose money. I was looking into this earlier.

Looks decent but their main selling point is an instant messenger that none is going to use.

What else makes this a viable token?

The special sauce in their instant messenger is its ability to interact with DApps.

The hope is that someone will create a compelling DApp that runs on the ethereum virtual machine. Admittedly, what's out there now is not that impressive yet.

Also, SNT can be spent within status for things. See pic for details. Read the whitepaper for more details. I still need to read it myself.

status.im/whitepaper.pdf

How will you receive the SNT?

The contract code should send SNT back to you in exchange for ETH.

In the same wallet you sent the eth from?

Yes

what if my exchange only deals with eth and btc? where is the new coin wallet supposed to be?

use mew

You don't send from an exchange. Use a ERC20 compatible wallet like MEW or parity

They explicitly warn you:

DO NOT send ether directly from any exchanges, including Poloniex, Coinbase, Bitfinex etc. This will result in the loss of your ETH.

thanks for the advice mr whales. Those wallets are what, like a mobile app or some desktop software where you get the new coin, but how if its new so it cant be there right?

Is this worth going nearly all in for? Most of my money is on ETH and it's barely enough to cover the minimum cost to enter the ICO.

This one's going to sell out in seconds like BAT, isn't it? It has a low cap.

What minimum cost?

It sounds too risky in your situation.

When you hear people talk about MEW, they're talking about myetherwallet.com/ -- My Ether Wallet.

Their wallets can hold all kinds of tokens, so go make a wallet there and have some ethereum in it ready to send when the ICO starts.

myetherwallet.com/
myetherwallet.com/
myetherwallet.com/

isn't that the one where the app owner stole a shitload of coins from lots of guys yesterday?

no that was freewallet which looked like a shady ass scam from the very beggining. idk why retards install random ass apps for bitcoin wallets

ty I thought it stood for mist eth wallet...still sycning mine for 2 weeks now...no idea what I can do to speed it up I tried geth --fast --cache=1024 and still nothing...1.5 million blocks in since yesterday

Apparently they need a minimum of 1 ETH to enter, or I misunderstood?

Ok you're probably right, I haven't seen the ICO terms

I asked on their slack, and they said the minimum was 0.01 ETH.

status-im.slack.com/archives/C3NRE0L3U/p1497400228803810

youtube.com/watch?v=-BVpm8cPLUU

Can this one be bought out instantly like BAT? Or will it run for 24h minimum? Also, sending 3 eth how much fees to send with it?

Holy shit literally use google search and find out the answer in 3 seconds you fucking retard

>another "you miss this, you miss that" shit episode
OP, stop being a faggot, get that cock out of your mouth.

Long term hold or sell soon as it hits big exchanges?

Seems like every ICO drops hard and the only purpose of an ICO is to make fast profits.

Hoping this is worth it but idk

Dont feel like dropping 50 ETH on gas like Bancor and others

that's the main problem. People say "just give 10ETH and you will get your money back" when in fact nobody tells you how much gas they pay for those 10ETH.
In the end you have to pay as you say a shitload in gas besides the ETH and hope it gets through.

Do you get gas back? Never had failed to get in on an ICO and never paid outrageous gas before

What's this about gas prices I barely paid much on Bancor

reminder there is paid shills on Veeky Forums for this

We did it for free. It's a cool open source project.

you two are seriously retarded.

almost every ICO hits exchanges around least 2 times their ICO price

So.... VPN. Problem?

dude u cant get busted by sending eth lmao

they are just going to block US IP from the webpage so you cant see the contract address

use a vpn i guess

what is the consequence of buying ICO in US?

Stop shilling ICOs, it's hard to get in anyway

And that's why you buy MYST before buying SNT

no shilling just pilling

Why do these projects always have such vague and/or convoluted sounding goals?

where does it say they are going to block US IPs from seeing the address? its supposed to be revealed 2 days before anyways.

is jaxx erc20 compatible?

I heard it just got hacked for $400k eth

no it isn't
use parity

after what time do we receive tokens?

7 days

thanks my niqqa

Does anyone know how this token actually works? I mean, what do you spend tokens on, how do you get tokens? It seems like a whatsapp or something

so sure that the average user wants to pay for all these things.

is that a browser wallet? only got a chromebook

Sorry, fucked up my post.

Use MyEtherWallet.

>I'm afraid of it going to shit right after ICO, whenever it hits exchanges, like BAT and many other ICOs.

why cant you do your homework before talking shit?

BAT was literally 8x ICO price after hitting exchanges.

There is no bullshit like GAS with the Bancor ICO?