IOTA

Can anyone redpill me on IOTA? I'm reading some shit right now and I swear it's the next BTC.

>Fastest transactions per second
>Tons of Python and Javascript libraries to implement payment systems in your already written IOT (Internet of things) apps
>Smart contracts on the way
>More secure than ETH

REDPILL ME.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381875.0
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/jewels/
iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
convergence.vc/99-of-blockchain-startups-are-bullshit-4cf11a549895
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6h2dod/i_dont_get_it/div45dl/
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6h2dod/i_dont_get_it/div7z7j/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck, 5 seconds before I saw your thread I was considering making a thread like this and literally asking "Can anyone redpill me on IOTA"
Not very helpful I know, but bump.

I was looking at it today:
> use 'tangle' technology
> zero fees
> security increase over time

From what other people are saying they think it is currently overvalued and 'the wallet is shit'

I'm looking into it some more right now, I'll update here soon.

ANY ANONS WHO HAVE INFO PLEASE PASTE IT HERE.

can i buy this from bittrex?

btw which site would you guys offer me for exchanging?

i want my money safe.

>Good first sign.

We might've found the next mooncoin boys

right now it's only on bitfinex which has had some controversies

Lol. Ok half the team is Jewish, onto more important info.

ANONS PLEASE LOOK UP INFO TOO.

it's site looks like a cheap and laggy wordpress site but idk maybe it will go to moon so we can sell it. but for now i can't see anyway to buy it.

>sabri goldberg
>sabri
>goldberg

an arab and a jew. sounds like a chestnut.

moon mission or getting cucked mission. i'm not sure about it user.

>Topic: Microsoft, yes the real MICROSOFT just partnered with IOTA
>bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381875.0

bump

so is this 100% pre"mined" or something?

tomorrow imma buy about $50. would this make me rich?
there is a buy on the dips opportunity. we can buy some.

actually im not sure about what to buy.
i can go for ethereum or some shitcoin.
ethereum will shine in long term i'm sure about it but i don't know.

I have no idea. The microsoft thing gives it credibility, but then again - google invested 120 million dollars into a juicer machine that literally squeezes premade bags of juice slower than you could do it manually with your hands.

one of the greatest things i've heard...
literally, i messed up after the ICO and payed too much, thats how greedy this one got me.

But it seems to be stable, and not droppin'

Yes. 2.77 Quadrillion IOTAs.
However, it's being traded in (Mega) IOTAs, or rather, a Miota, which is 1,000,000 IOTA.

IOTA cannot be broken into smaller pieces.

If you compare IOTA to BTC, because BTC can be broken down into .00000001, then there is only actually about 31% more "IOTA" than "Satoshi".

So where does this leave us?

Well, if IOTA were to ever hit market cap parity in $ amount with where BTC is at right now (it absolutely will, anyone saying otherwise need only look at the last 6 years of fucking haters saying BTC would never break $10), then a Miota would be worth ~$27. They are selling for only $0.60 as of typing this. That's a 45x ROI.

Now, the Internet of Things is going to be fucking massive. How massive? Tech industry leaders and execs expect the IoT market to be worth $2 Trillion by 2020, $5 Trillion by 2025, and $12 Trillion by 2030.

For the sake of argument, let's just say that IOTA handles 100% of the market for IoT related expenditures...

With a $2 Trillion market cap in 2020, 1 Miota (again, it's 1,000,000 IOTA, but Miota is the traded denomination) would be worth $722.

With a $5 Trillion market cap in 2025, a Miota would be worth $1,805.

With a $12 Trillion market cap in 2030, a Miota would be worth $4,332.

So yes, it could actually be the next Bitcoin as far as grabbing ridiculous ROI %s.

actually i think that microsoft thing is bullshit i don't give a shit. if they would want they could create a shitcoin. and i see that they are doing the same treatment to other coins too.

i saw this
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/jewels/
what do you think about this one. it looks sorta "illegal" i mean there are so many bumps and downs but i think it would be a controllable thing. i can see 4 times profit in there and it is moving very quickly too.

shut up and take my money. you forgot to mention their recent partnership with Cisco.

You're living in a fantasy world kid

It's a finite amount of coins that had the ICO in 2015.
Today it hit its first exchange.

Said assholes like you, to people like me, in 2010 when Bitcoin was under $5.

Go fuck yourself "old-timer". I'm young enough to know you're fucking wrong, I'm also old enough to know you're fucking wrong.

This is my generation's gold rush/dotcom boom.

I bet you heard some similar shit about Cisco / Google/ Apple when you were younger.

Don't you wish you had listened?

Well, listen here, don't fuck around. Go buy some XRP or IOTA.

You're welcome. Asshole.

>I'm young enough to know you're fucking wrong, I'm also old enough to know you're fucking wrong.
Noice.
Post this one to the facebook.
You fucking billy boy.

bump, their whitepaper is fucked up

This is the greatest posting ever on why IOTA is a huge scam, not taking credit for it, altcoinUK on btctalk:

"First the 24 years old business executive and the man from Belarus scammed the investors with JINN. A 24 years old delusional boy decided to take on Intel, Samsung, Motorola, AMD and Texas Instruments by rolling out a revolutionary micro processor. Never mind Intel's R&D budget is 3 billion $ per year and can produce only gradual innovations in minor steps with that monetary force, this delusional 24 years old boy with the "investment" from even more delusional users promised that he will build a completely new micro processor. WTF? Anybody who understand a bit hardware design and manufacturing knows, how ambitious and therefore how fucking absurd from them that business plan is. No wonder they failed to deliver anything with JINN so far, and of course they never will deliver anything. He is barking on that JINN brought a good ROI to his investors and he forgot a long time ago what actually he promised with JINN. He says, you could sell JINN, why you didn't sell it, he says your financial loss is not my responsibility. Not different whatsoever from a typical Bobsurplus scam operation.

IOTA is exactly the same process. They will never ever monetize the IOTA project in the IoT sector. There is no monetization route for alternative crypto currency tokens in IoT, not even for Bitcoin. IOTA will come to the market, the shills and sockpuppets will do the moon talk and the greedy "investors" like tobeaj2mer01, albert_mt and others will realise some profit. The 24 years old business executive will be proud that he made them some money and that will be the end of the IOTA story. Naturally, there will be a lots of disappointed bagholders at the end of the chain, but who cares about that, right tobeaj2mer01 and albert_mt? You will make some profit during the IOTA P&D, and you don't care whether it is a scam or not."

i don't get it. is iota the belorussian businessman or the delusional 24 year old?

use your words.

how about i slap your fucking mouth?!

It's a massive scam. I'm buying in at 21940 sat and counting on being able to sell at 24000 sat. Then it'll just dump into oblivion.

>their whitepaper is fucked up
how so?

shill

M O O N

Here's one bad thing about IOTA:
The technology they intend to use to replace the blockchain, called 'tangle' is not going to work. The size of the tangle is going to grow really large really fast, faster than the rate at which an average blockchain grows. This already makes it non-viable.

Furthermore, syncing the tangle across nodes is significantly harder than syncing the blockchain.

Furthermore, it is significantly more vulnerable to attacks (double spending).

Furthermore, it expects IOT objects (it's designed for IOT after all) to perform transaction verifications as if they were mining computers. Either the transaction verification doesn't take that much computing power, making the network more vulnerable to attacks. Or transaction verification takes a lot of computing power, but IOT objects don't have a lot of computing power.

guys, I'm a fucking retard. I have btc on bitfinex and I can't figure how to make it into iota. Help?

Good research user, I agree, it looks that way.

What are we not seeing?

nm.

Do you not see any short term potential?

where are you getting this research?

i personally really like the idea

Bittrex availability when?

it's 6th for market cap and no one here has ever told you to buy it. what do you think about that?

asfar as I understand it you only need to see a few points around you, and it all stitches together like a quit....

so there is no block-chain, just a sort or recent state.

The whitepaper.
iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

No opinion on short-term. No one cares about the tech. It could go up or down based on hype.

According to their own devs as long as ~67% of actors are "good" then double spending shouldn't be possible.

Also considering hashes are just being computed, I don't see why simple hardware devices couldn't do this. Especially when SoC's are replacing almost everything.

Anyway, I mean it just sounds like you're pulling shit out of your ass, but I do agree with you that the tech needs to be peer reviewed and it's in its infancy right now. But isn't that exactly why people invest in stuff?

I don't know. I'm going to watch it for a little bit more and pick some up if I like the way things are going.

>For the sake of argument, let's just say that IOTA handles 100% of the market for IoT related expenditures
LMAO

>man from Belarus
wait this project involves belarusians?

Complete shit, just look at their "wallet", complete garbage

So this is like byteball (Gbyte on bittrex) but I can't get them for free, and the walleet is shit?

I(DI)OTA don't fall for the memes!

Nice delusion. You bought at 20k right?
Look at ETH it has ~100m coins and it is only at 35b marketcap despite huge exposure, icos, coinbase, partnerships and asian exchanges. IOTA first day on bitfinex and its already at 1.7b marketcap without anything interesting except for
>muh future
That's retarded no matter what. Just admit it. You bought it because they have a fancy website, lmao.

He actually thinks cryptos serve a purpose other than being speculative titles.

I was going to buy some but found out the team/investors are clueless and arrogant. Big red flags.

99% of Blockchain Startups Are Bullshit
convergence.vc/99-of-blockchain-startups-are-bullshit-4cf11a549895

I asked two specific questions. The answer to the first one was "read the whitepaper" and my second question of how are nodes incentivized went unanswered.
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6h2dod/i_dont_get_it/div45dl/

Incorrectly bashing Ethereum/Solidity and calling people dumb
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6h2dod/i_dont_get_it/div7z7j/

Eth deserves a bashing and people are dumb.

Chill kid, this is scam coin and deep down, you already know it.

You are forgetting that IOTA is meant for micropayments, so the price of one coin will forever stay under 1 dollar because one IOTA-Coin cannot be divided.
if the price surges, the whole coin will be unnecessary as micropayments will be made impossible.

All you need to know.