Ireland is the greatest country and intellectual and cultural patrimony in human history, prove me wrong

Ireland is the greatest country and intellectual and cultural patrimony in human history, prove me wrong.

* Had a unique and highly idiosyncratic culture, languages, traditions and legal system that developed independently to the rest of Europe
* Never conquered by the Roman Empire.
* Preserved the written word and religious texts when the rest of Europe was too busy stabbing each other while covered in pigshit and illiterate popes barely transcended temporal lordship. Copied thousands of manuscripts and send missionaries across Europe that brought back the light of knowledge, including philosophers like Johannes Scotus who taught kings and brought civilization forward for the first time since the early Christian writers.
* Introduced rhyme into the European poetic tradition.
* Had modern legal institutions and rights like divorce enshrined in the Brehon law. Barely practiced slavery while it formed the dominant economic base of most of the world.
* Held out and retained its unique culture and language against 700 years of brutality by England and betrayal by the Church
* Won its freedom by will of resistance and then proceeded to furnish Western culture with its greatest linguistic minds, from Wilde to Joyce to Beckett.
* Gave an equally great contribution in the sciences, in Tyndall, Boole and Boyle.

Has any other one nation contributed so much to civilization and yet been so mistreated and maligned by the envious, petty and ignorant of the world?

Bump for answers.

>never conquered by the Roman Empire

This is true, but only because nobody gave a shit about you. At that time in history you were running around in nightgowns with the druids, fucking sheep, had culture on par with the most primitive of African societies (even Africa was more civilized because northern Africa was colonized), you had shit technology, and you sat around in circles chanting to the green man or whatever other retarded gods you had, etc. Conquering Ireland would be a liability, not an asset. Same reason why they built a wall to keep the Scots out of Rome. You were so barbaric and uncivilized that Rome, who dealt with Germaniggers were viewing you as useless. Let that sink in.

>chanting to the green man

>chanting to green man

Yet there is archeological evidence of Roman trade (even trading outposts) in Ireland. So obviously we had something they wanted :^)

As well as this, Agricola was planning an invasion and even had Irish exiles gathered around him to prepare a pretext, but never carried it out.

Not trying to start a fight but all of Ireland's great minds after like the invention of whiskey were Proddies (i.e not ethnically Irish)

ITT: Someone who doesn't know anything about O'Bruadair or the Irish poetic tradition that ran all the way through the occupation.

What about Flann O'Brien and Joyce? They were both catholics.

Joyce was a madman. Anybody who thinks he was some of literary genius is lying most of all to themselves. I was obviously exaggerating a bit when i said "all" but it is striking how many of the names listed by our Mick friend were Anglo-Irish

> Joyce was a madman

You're literally retarded. The sad thing is that you sassenachs are actually this culturally stunted and vapid.

>literally splurts nonsense onto a page
>pretentious cunts gush about your genius for the next century
Joyce is a good for a laugh, nothing more. Jackson Pollack isn't a great painter either.

The point of Finnegan's Wake is the lyricality of the prose and the way it defies linguistic expectations to try to encompass the full range of human experience. But don't take it from me, even you dirty saxon cultural gatekeeper Harold Bloom lists it as the greatest triumph of the English language since Shakespeare. Joyce exploded literary conventions in your language and then handed it back to you broken, and it hasn't been the same since. The fact that you're too stupid to get it is a sad reflection on yourself, not Joyce.

something people often don't consider is that massive swathes of america has irish genetics, and for this reason along with germany, scotland, and england, ireland is one of the most genetically successful european nationalities in the world. not even irish, just trying to look at this from some kind of objective standpoint instead of flinging shit.

the only reason you would think joyce's writing is bad is a lack in elevated reading comprehension. not even insulting you just diagnosing the problem.

Also, it's not nonsense. You just lack the necessary frame of reference and erudition to understand it and contextualise it.

Are you guys talking about the same Joyce who wrote Ulysses? And praising that kind of shit as good?

You people have got to be kidding me with praising that pretentious drivel and word salad. There are far better Irish authors who wrote good shit and wasn't full of pretentious trash.

>tfw both sides of my family are descendants of Irish immigrants
>don't have any white guilt because my people did nothing wrong

>buzzwords
>argues on a relative spectrum without providing examples
I can tell just based on what you think counts as an argument that even if you did try to read ulysses which I doubt, it would have looked like nothing but jumbled nonsense to you.

>it would have looked like nothing but jumbled nonsense to you.
because he has eyes?
Irish committed worst race riot in American history.

>steals your potatoes
>everybody starves to death
haha iretards btfo

>>chanting to the green man

Do not forget the great Hibernian conspiracy when you're talking about the Irish - truly, and sincerely the most mystical group of people that this planet has ever birthed.

Virtually every single important person from the United States has a genetic connection to Ireland. Let that sink in. The United States, on an historical scale, is an empire rarely dreamed of - it doesn't matter your views on their culture. In fact, their culture is essentially world culture at this point. And curiously almost all of the icons are in some way Irish if you look in the right direction.

Even people lurking behind the scenes often have Irish surnames.

> ahahahaa le ebin potato joke xD

>irish are now claiming "we wuz american empire n sheeit"

Wow. So this is how wewuzin is born.

Doesn't the fact that no one can understand the Irish preclude the premise of the argument?

Nothing wrong with starving subhumans to death desu.

i've only been on Veeky Forums for 3 minutes but is "let that sink in." a meme here?

nah it's some salty eirenigger trying to disguise how truly irrelevant to the world his country is

No, it's a common figurative expression of the english language, you fucking retard. Fuck off to /r/Veeky Forums.

That irrelevant country sure makes you awfully mad, protenigger.

you can insult the irish all you want idc but you're a fucking doorknob if you think jj wasn't an incredible writer. talk about how gay bach and van gogh are while you're at it.

>niggers - we wuz kangs and sheeit
>snowniggers - we wuz vikings and sheeit
>potatoniggers - we wuz americans and sheeit

It fits.

why would I be mad
the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheepfuckers

technically they are objectively are.

>the lion

You're probably a butthurt orangeman who deluded himself into thinking he's british. And by the way, even they fucking hate your guts since you're nothing more than fucking tax sinkhole for the UK.

>orangeman
>northern english, strong breed of Dane and Saxon
>working in profitable car factory
>is apparently a tax sinkhole

is this the esteemed irish logic

Do you know what region in the UK is most reliant on EU subsidies? God, I can't wait till the UK leaves the union, you fuckers will literally starve to death.

I mean, is there anything more sadder than being an ulster loyalist? Their british overlords dislike them and do not consider them to be truly british, while their Irish neighbors hate them for being wanna be brits.

>strong breed of dane and saxon

You're a scot, you delusional retard.

Oh wait, you're a north english, never mind then.

>Ireland is the greatest country and intellectual and cultural patrimony in human history, prove me wrong.

> Never conquered by the Roman Empire.

Rome and China both make Ireland look like a joke, at best its an interesting distraction like the Basque people

>Barely practiced slavery while it formed the dominant economic base of most of the world.
The majority of the population in medieval Ireland were slaves. Their biggest export was slaves, and a female slave was a basic unit of currency.

>The majority of the population in medieval Ireland were slaves.
Lmao what the fuck are you even talking about. There was a law against Gaels enslaving each other and slavery was practically unknown in Ireland after the 11th century.

me on the right

*blocks your path*

>europeans - dressed and armored like proper civilized people
>irishman - basically a pre-roman barbarian

>finnigan's wake
>requires higher reading comprehension and not advanced stage syphillus
oh boy my sides
off yourself you freak

I love the Irish but this chip some of you have on your shoulder is probably the worst thing about you.

Does it matter of you're from an irrelevant country? If it bothers you so much then please do something relevant with your life.

watch what u say bud

I'll just leave this here

The data this map uses was put together by Richard Lynn, who is an Ulster Israelist, believing that Northern Irish Protestants are one of the lost tribes of Israel and founded Irish civilisation before the Irish invaded from Spain and kicked them out to Scotland, and the Plantation of Ulster was just them reclaiming their land.

Proofs?

Even Scotland beats Ireland senpai.

>Joyce exploded literary conventions in your language and then handed it back to you broken

This was his Endgame (Ireland wins again) and Joyce carried it out flawlessly. Finnegan's Wake was his "I did it 27 minutes ago," all the meaning and Imperial Prestige the English language held before this point was dead the moment the first chapter of Ulysses appeared in print. TS Eliot's "What is a Classic" reads like a tragicomedy, Joyce had devoured English as surely as the Vulgate Bible and Barbarian Invasions destroyed the Latin heritage he was so desperate to link with England.

*floats my spear down a stream so it stabs you up the bum*

>guy educated in a Protestant institution in Northern Ireland at the height of the Troubles doesn't like Irish people
hmmmm rly makes u think...

Also generally Lynn generally did a lot of dodgy stuff like using children suffering from Down's Syndrome as his basis for his study of the IQ of Equatorial Guinea and using university students for other countries.

Not that user but my dissertation supervisor is a longtime acquaintance of Lynn and I've been to a couple of his guest talks. I don't know if he's specifically an Ulster Israelist but he definitely had a very strong dislike of Irish people and Catholicism.

hahahahaha why don't you starve to death, potato nigger

Finnegan's wake is a fucking joke of a book with no meaning whatsoever. You're a fool to fall for a syphilitic old Mick's joke. Please kys.

And loud and high
We'll raise the cry
Revenge for Skibereen

Veeky Forums as fuck