Post rare Hapsburgs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have a family photo

>fruity-pebbles.jpg

can I get a quick rundown on this guy?

there's gotta be a helper pepe variation of this guy by now

>When Ferdinand married Princess Maria Anna of Savoy, the court physician considered it unlikely that he would be able to consummate the marriage.[5] When he tried to consummate the marriage, he had five seizures.

>He is best remembered for his command to his cook: when told he could not have apricot dumplings (Marillenknödel) because apricots were out of season, he said "I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings!" (German: Ich bin der Kaiser und ich will Knödel!).[6][7]

>The king lived for quite a long time and, together with his men, managed to keep intact the empire against the French power of Louis XIV, achieved one of the greatest deflations in history, increasing purchasing power in their kingdoms, incresed public revenue filling the royal coffers, and his reign saw the end of hunger and the beginning of peace.

Its Charles IV, A literal 4 generation inbred retard who wound up as King of Spain (?). His exploits at the throne are top keks.

>Its Charles IV
You confused the retards. This is Charles the IV

Which one was this guy again lol? Theres just so many retarded monarchs, i lose track.

Charles the IV. King of Spain during the Napoleonic wars. He spent all the day hunting and let his wife rule. Her wife appointed his lover as the prime minister. When he had a fight with his son he ran away to France and ask Napoleon to be the middle man in the family discussion. His son that was an even bigger retarded went to France following his dad. Bith were captured and force to abdicate in favour of Napoleon's brother.

kek is this real?

Nigha i dunno wtf i just read.

Yes.Spanish economy fully recovered under Charlie and he killed the inflation problem in 20 years.Phillip the V was surprised about how well were the finances of the kingdom whe he arrived to Spain

Charles the IV was a retarded that just liked to hunt.As he didn't care about goverment matters he let his wife rule.His wife appointed her lover Godoy that was an illiterate soldier as the prime minister of Spain.
After the war of the Pyrenees Godoy signed an alliance with Napoleon.Charles thought that Napoleon was his best buddy so when his retarded son Ferdinand was planning a coup against him, he ran away to France.
In France he met with Napoleon and asked him to intervene against his son.So Napoleon called Ferdinand to Bayonne.When Napoleon had both of them in Bayonne he forced them to abdicate on Napoleon's cousin Joseph.And that is how Napoleon conquered Spain without firing a single bullet.

I think we have an actual black person here, guys.

Now i get ya. Thanks.

>mods keep these shitposts up
>any post where you try to objectively discuss the holocaust or jewish connections to bolshevism get instantly deleted

Veeky Forums should just be renamed /b/ since its all memes and nobody actually talks about history

But those threads are also memes

who manipulated this guy? no way they let him make decisions

Think about the great commands that saved Spain

"I am the emperor, and I want deflation!"

Another great history thread.

They left out the funniest bit, he refused to sign important documents if he didn't get his way, including in the Dumpling Crisis.

>When he tried to consummate the marriage, he had five seizures.

Top fucking kek

And his wife was a tard too. Just imagine the scene

Imagine the mighty fat but that caused hose seizures

*nut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain

DURRRRRRRR UHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH PFFFFFFFBBBBBBBTTTTTT AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>And his wife was a tard too
Was she qt? any pics?

His wife was healthy (and a cousin of his...)

But by all accounts they were pretty happy together, though she acted more like a doting older sister (despite being a decade younger) than a wife. After he abdicated they retired to comfy Prague where they spent the rest of their lives, growing old together and enjoying their time among a loving populace who to this day tell anecdotes of interacting with the simple-minded but good-natured ex-Emperor during his frequent walks around town.

>who to this day tell anecdotes of interacting with the simple-minded but good-natured ex-Emperor during his frequent walks around town.
>to this day
There are still people alive who knew them?

It's just oral lore.

what a waist

awww thats really nice

This guy is just a sad story. He actually wanted to serve his country well, but he was physically and mentally incapable of doing so.

kinda like Trump, desu

FUGGG

this shit is fucking brushed all royalty was fat as fuck

trump doesn't have a patriotic hair on his head, he's in it purely for the ego trip

braaap?

>His favourite amusement was to wedge himself in a wastepaper basket and roll over and over like a ball.
>Ferdinand was sadly retarded with an over-large head with a flat skull and water on the brain. His face was further disfigured by the famous drooping Habsburg lip and huge nose.
>One of Ferdinand's sisters, Marianna (1804-1858), was a complete imbecile with a frighteningly disfigured face. She was usually kept locked in a room.

>His favourite amusement was to wedge himself in a wastepaper basket and roll over and over like a ball.

Holy fuck.

top notch fun tbqh

BBBBBBBBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAPFPPFPPPFPP

Based Napoleon.

Showing those Inbreeds who's boss.

Woah...so this is the power...of inbreeding.

>tfw you will never have a coffin like this

>As the revolutionaries of 1848 were marching on the palace, he is supposed to have asked Metternich for an explanation. When Metternich answered that they were making a revolution, Ferdinand is supposed to have said "But are they allowed to do that?"

PFRRRRRRRRRRRR BWAAAAA

Not necessarily that silly of a question.

e.g. in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth you had a legal right to start open revolts. You had to legally state your goals (so if the ruler agreed to them you had to stop your revolt) and you were guaranteed a pardon if you lost and surrendered.

The logic being that if you can muster enough people to have a chance (the Commonwealth never had a professional army, just petty noble volunteers who were socially obligated to fight in wars) you are probably in the right or damn near it.

>As the revolutionaries of 1848 were marching on the palace, he is supposed to have asked Metternich for an explanation. When Metternich answered that they were making a revolution, Ferdinand is supposed to have said "But are they allowed to do that?"

I wonder if that ruff he's wearing isn't his famous bib.

You know, because he couldn't chew food and he drooled constantly.

and people wonder why it collapsed

>Let's give every noble the right to veto every decision, surely this won't be abused

>F-first democracy in europe

What a magical thread that was...

yes

>Imagine the mighty fat but that caused hose seizures

what did he mean by this?

yeah right you fucking idiot
I took like 12 times at MINIMUM

they're going to go crazy and ruin the country

>you will never have a benevolent, peaceful, granddad-tier Habsburg ruler, who minded his own business and let his people do as they like

>tfw a retarded imbred can run Spain better then modern Spaniards.

I love how the artists painted him genuinely retarded looking without any positive emblishment. You would think they would propagandise the work more and make him appear more normal in the interests of preserving his regality. Then again, maybe so little was known of inbreeding that no one considered his appearance all that weird. Or maybe it was just that no one other than the people of the palace saw the artwork. Or was it that the monarchy was so absolute, that it didn't matter if the king looked like a spaz.

There is only so much you can do before it no longer looks like the guy.

for this one i would have at least closed his mouth.

Why depict a physical impossibility?

37 For nothing will be impossible with God.”

>"My King, how would you like your portrait?"
>"DURRRRRRRR UHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH PFFFFFFFBBBBBBBTTTTTT AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."
>"Say no more."

Inbred royalty is a hilarious juxtaposition.

>objectively discuss
impossible

If you rule most of the important parts of europe, you dont need to give a shit if you are painted with your mouth open or closed

Oh Spain, first superpower, first country to be fully run by a tard. What an achievement.

>Carlos V
DELETE THIS!

Redpill of the month