"Some people who happened to be Atheists may have started wars, but it was never BECAUSE of their atheism...

"Some people who happened to be Atheists may have started wars, but it was never BECAUSE of their atheism. No war has ever been committed simply in the name of spreading Atheis-"

Start shit, get hit.

>War of the Vendée

GENOCIDE of the Vendée*

implying that religion is anything else but a political tool.
no religious wars really, but political

>Start a revolt
>Get rekt by government
>B- B- but atheists did it!!!

>the first republic was atheist
Secular. Also they rebelled for very religious reasons

Robespierre was against atheism, you fucking moron. He just hated the Catholic Church

>"I have trampled their children beneath our horses' feet; I have massacred their women, so they will no longer give birth to brigands. I do not have a single prisoner to reproach me. I have exterminated them all.... The Vendée is no more"

Thats how you deal with religionfags who want to ruin your nice revolution

The atheist "Cult of Reason" was eliminated by Robespierre in March 1794 and the leaders were guillotined. It was replaced with the Cult of the Supreme Being.
The Vendee rebellion began in March 1793 and continued during the decade, altough most of the battles and then the repression were during 1793-1794.

SECULARISM AND ATHEISM IS SHIT, PROVE ME WRONG, PROTIP: YOU CAN'T!

The War in the Vendee had god-tier art, quite literary

I'm dumping a few other: OPs pic, "Henri de La Rochejacquelein at the Battle of Cholet"

The same guy, being all pimp

and now not so swell anymore

Flight of the Vendeans from the coast (where they were promised a british landing, but well, trusting the Eternal Anglo was apparently not such a great idea after all)

Battle of Mans
Actually it was supposed to be a battle in front of the town, but the Vendeans fled inside and were massacred with the whole urban population

Granville was were the Anglos were supposed to land; with noone there, it was burned down by the Vendeans

mass shooting of rebels in Nantes

Drownings of rebels in Nantes, because the republic needed the bullets for fighting the 1st Coalition armies

The wounded General Lescure crosses the Loire at Saint-Florent

also, guys, have you checked my double trips. Kek be praised.
Vendean General François Athanase de Charette de la Contrie,

Execution of General Charette de la Contrie

It was Charette who said, by way of extenuating the number of deaths for which he was responsible, "Omelets are not made without breaking eggs."
Charette was described by Napoleon as a great character and military leader who "betrays genius"

fighting in a church

And lets end it with the battle of Fougeres, where Vendeans overwhelmed a republican bataillon carré (infantry square)

>country is at war with all Europe
>bunch of faggots betray France and revolt with the help of Britain
>government represses the revolt
>"oh no, why are atheist so evil"

There is no god outside the Holy Trinity, if you donot beleive in it you're just atheist

Guess almost all human beings who've ever lived have been atheists

I know you were just shitposting, but you're an idiot

>Robespierre's values were the be all and end all of the French Revolution
Exactly the attitude that got him his own head cut off

>there is no monotheism unless you believe in polytheism
really makes one ponder