Want to learn more about ancient Egypt

>want to learn more about ancient Egypt
>newest books are literally WE WUZ KANGZ tier bullshit
>old books are full of wrong information and even make up non-existent people (King Usephais, for example)

I want a complete look at Ancient Egypt, pharaoh by pharaoh if possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pharaohs
youtube.com/watch?v=0LE3QARjIZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oxford History of Egypt

Warning: It acknowledges that an African civilization has African origins. This may not sit right with you

>African civilization has African origins
Africa, like Asia is a big place. Just like attributing Arab's for Chinese accomplishments is a mistake, attributing Black Africans for Egyptian accomplishments is also a mistake.

"The archaeology of urbanism in ancient Egypt : from the predynastic period to the end of the Middle Kingdom" is a pretty good book by Nadine Moeller that came out just two years ago, no WE WUZ stuff in it

African =/= Black

I hope you are not bothered by the kingdom nubia having existed in egyptian history OP

Fuck off back to /pol/ already.

What is the most WE WUZ KANGS tier african history book ever ?

Significant amounts of /pol/tards believe that EGYPTIANS WERE WHIIIIIIIIIIIITE, had blue eyes, were "Aryan", etc.

>Being honest about the ethnic makeup of Egypt makes you /pol/
wew

They looked more like modern Egyptians than Black Africans.

We must secure an existence for us appart from /pol/

>arabs are white

The first and second book of Moses.

What do these nothing posts have to do with anything?

North Africans are not black. "muh /pol/" doesn't negate basic geography and biology.

There was a single Nubian Dynasty (the only black people even remotely close to Egypt) at the end of the Decadence. That was it, anything else is literally a lie made up to score points with liberals.

know your place chimpanzees

Do you not know how to use search engines?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pharaohs

Also, this is clearly a thinly veiled /pol/ thread.

Arabs and Ehyptians ARE white. No blue eyes, but then blue eyes are rare among Greeks and Spaniards too, and they're both white.

>North Africans are not black.

Meghrebis are not black, but there are plenty of Black Africans who live north of the equator.

>wikipedia
might as well link a worldstarhiphop as your source

>Black Africans who live north of the equator.
now they do but the desert used to a huge geographical obstacle in 2000 b.c.

It is your choice if you want to be ignorant of facts

You DO realise that Nigeria is north of the equator, right?

>it's a white and Caucasoid are the same thing meme thread

Egypt was black/brown and the people had Caucasoid skull structure nonetheless

What else could it mean, than caucasoid? Egyptians were swarthy and caucasoid, just like the Greeks and Italians. Why call the Egyptians "black" and the Greeks "white", if the only difference is geography?

>Egyptians had maps with borders in 2000 b.c.

Why call Somalians or Ethiopians black then?

Caucasoid is only based on your skull shape. Somalis, Indians, Pashtun and the Irish are all "Caucasoid" yet these people have nothing to do with each other

People think "Egyptians had a Caucasoid skull shape, that means dey were europeeans/middle easterns and shieet" when it is a useless as a signifier. Ancient Egyptians were indeed and infinitely closer to Nubians (who are also "caucasoid" and black) than any Arab or Med. If you want the closer approximation of what a Bronze Age Egyptians looked like, look at the rural fellahin. These people are incredibly dark and far outside any definition of "white" and if you absolutely had to place them in a category it would be "black"

>No blue eyes
That being said, the concept of whiteness is a dumb meme that is completely meaningless for the vast majority of history

Because their skin is black, that's fairly obvious I would think. "Scientifically", they are of course caucasoids, and some people call them "black caucasian". But the three-way racial split is not a perfect match to reality, race is actually far more complex than that, but like the electron having negative charge, we're stuck with it because of precedent.

Arabs are semites, not whites. Unless you are from western or northern europe you are most certainly NOT white.

Assad is the descendant of whites taken as slaves during the centuries long Arab slave trade. But Mohemmed (piss be upon him) reputedly had red hair, and some Greek heroes were /glauchos/, there are rare exceptions.

Yes it's more complex than that, in practise skull type is only one aspect of "race", but knowing the Egyptians were caucasoid is not useless information, it's just not sufficient by itself to prove which of the three races they belonged to (because of the precedent of treating Ethiopians as "black").

>Paint pictures of selves
>Clearly medium tinted brown skin like Arabs have
>Depict Nubians
>Darker skin

Really boggles the brain cells

Folk (and /pol/) conceptions of "human races" are pseudoscience. More news at 11.

Semites ARE white you simpleton. What else could they be? Black? Oriental?

>Mohemmed (piss be upon him) reputedly had red hair

Yeah, I should believe you on Middle Eastern history

Black people can have brown skin too

Because I despise a murderous pedophile? Good reasoning there, idiot.

Semites are semites. If they were white why do white nationalists make a distinction between the two?

But how many black people have straight hair or a desire to depict all their hair as straight before they interacted with anyone

Also the whole Egyptian was a Semitic language more related to the languages of the Middle East thing

That's a cool opinion, but the Egyptians themselves thought otherwise.

Why do race-obsessed Neo Nazis make a special pleading argument to exclude their most hated people from their own racial category? Hmm, I don't know, that's a puzzler for sure.

If "white" means anything at all, then Semities are "white".

>Because I despise a murderous pedophile?
You write that, then you call me the idiot.

Why can't /pol/ leave and pretend they're globally important without bugging the rest of the site with their cancerous "Everyone's worse than European culture"

My friend who was like you didn't even know what the Holy Trinity was. If you think Muhammad was a pedophile you probably have no understanding of the past or theology.

kys

They dyed their hair before interacting with light haired people. This doesn't mean anything

Ancient Egyptians language is in the same general category as Semitic languages (Afroasiatic) but also shares that category with African languages like Chadic, Cushitic and Berber and is much more related to Beja for example than any Semitic language.

The Egyptians thought they came from Eritrea/Somalia as well. So?

Daily reminder Egyptians were not nor ever Black and no amount of goal posting or /pol/ blaming will change it

>If you think Muhammad was a pedophile you probably have no understanding of the past or theology.

Yeah, who am I to think that raping a 9 year old child makes someone a pedophile. Go fuck yourself, retard.

>Berbers are Subsaharan
>Chadic Languages are Subsaharan
I thought the whole thing was Sub-Saharan africans, why does anyone care about how dark their skin was?

The Wuz Kangs shit usually refers to the idea that there were Subsaharan origins to Egypt (Beyond the obvious they came from Kenya 50,000 years before) Chadic languages are all Saharan or North Africa.

Berbers are fucking almost always considered white.

>raping a 9 year old child makes someone a pedophile
>7th century political marriages included child sex

This is a history board, you have no excuse for being this unaware of how politics worked before Liberal Democracy.

So is this supposed to be a white man?

>HURR

Typical pedo apologist. I'm beginning to understand why you love Mohemmed (piss be upon him) so much.

He's not subsaharan

What the fuck is whiteness anyway? How small is your dick and how sad is your life that you spend most of your time figuring out who is white, thus likable in your mind?

You wouldn't call him white, but he's caucasian. There's a reason the full term is "white caucasian" and not just "white" or "caucasian", because many East Africans are "black caucasian".

Not him but why are you singling out muslims? You wouldn't flinch if someone called Hitler, Columbus, Genghis and such bad people but you get assblasted when someone calls Muhammad a bad person?

he's not calling Muhammed a bad person, he's calling him a pedo. I'd flip my shit too if someone started calling Hitler a pedo cause he wasn't, simple as
Also i'm not that user

Why do you spell Muhammad like that? Is it because you only read early-20th century sources written by Stodgy Conservative Public School products who blusteringly and drunkenly rant about the greatness of Churchill and a need to respect "our ancestors"

>he's calling him a pedo.
Enlighten me, what's the correct term for a 60 year old who rapes an 8 year old?

Because Muhammad wasn't Hitler. Has /pol/ become this omnipresent on this board that it's perfectly rational to compare Muhammad to Hitler?

Because it triggers muslim-loving faggots like you.

alpha as fuck

Enlighten me as to where it says they had sex when she was 8?

it's never said anywhere he had sex with his underage wife

In the Hadith.

Typical pedo apologist.
youtube.com/watch?v=0LE3QARjIZg

>According to Sunni scriptural Hadith sources, Aisha was six or seven years old when she was married to Muhammad with the marriage not being consummated until she had reached puberty at the age of nine or ten years old

It's kinda pathetic, I have to school you mudslimes in your own religion.

>only post with an actual book recommendation gets no replies
hmmmmmmmm

>implying I'm a muslim/pedohpile because I don't take at face value that a historical figure was a pedophile without evidence supporting the claim
How further can you get from honest discourse? Of course now that you've provided source, I've changed my mind on the topic, but jesus fucking christ get your shit together

Why do African Americans attach themselves to Ancient Egypt? I thought the slaves came from Mali, Ghana, and Songhai

Even worse, you must be some newfag redditor piece of shit never to have heard of Aisha...

Not my point. I never claimed Muhammad was Hitler, you could brush up your reading comprehension. I don't browse /pol/. Why the fuck are you so god damn paranoid?

My point was that any genocide, mass killings and horrible acts can't be brushed off with saying "different times lol". Muhammad was a bad person. If this is /pol/ then fine, I don't care.

No, I call you a pedo apologist because you ignore all the overwhelming evidence and overt statements from ancient and modern Islamic teachers, expounding on the legality of child rape within Islam, because of the rulings of Mohemmed (piss be upon him).

Start with the Masked Arab video, he was a devout Muslim who took to studying the Koran in order to refute "Islamophobes", only to redpill himself and become an atheist. He sources ALL his claims and reads the sources in his native Arabic.

>you ignore overwhelming evidence
No, I had 0 evidence to work on, you've given me some, I do not ignore it, aknowledge it, and now thinkg Mohammed is a pedophile. Easy, ain't it?

>Muslim authors who calculate Aisha's age based on the more detailed information available about her sister Asma estimate that she was over thirteen and perhaps between seventeen and nineteen at the time of her marriage.[87]

So you "called me out" on calling Mohemmed a pedophile while not knowing anything about the facts? You literally white knighted a pedophile, good job idiot.

>ignoring the testimony of Aisha herself

Top kek

No, I willingly pushed you to produce evidence for you claims, which you should do on your own anyway. Wether I knew or not is irrelevant, because the first sin falls within you
It's weaponised "I just pretended to be retarded", if this makes it easier for you to understand

>this much backtracking

Whatever, idiot. Go gas yourself, inshallah.

You can now see who the actual buttblasted one is (^:
great job at honest intellectual discourse as expected by the Veeky Forums guidelines my dude, simply eric

>until she had reached puberty at the age of nine or ten years old

I mean I understand that /pol/ doesn't know any women other than their sisters, but do you really think women hit puberty at 9?

>MUH 4D CHESS

I accept your utterly graceless surrender. May you die soon of cancer, inshallah.

>but do you really think women hit puberty at 9?
No, but 1.6 billion followers of the prophet certainly do.

I was quoting wikipedia's page on Aisha you stupid neckbeard.

keep the high quality posting coming, crypto /pol/

>everyone who BTFO me is /pol/

Sincerely, die.

that guy's right you know. the fact that when he said african civilization you assumed "black" and that "all egyptians are black" marks you out as an idiot, a troll of a /pol/ack

>/pol/ tards defend people who are attracted to underage post-pubescent girls
>Unless it's Muhammad in which case it makes him a pedo

Holy shit, Wikipedia! What source does Wikipedia use?

The hadith, niggerbrains.

>Read first paragraph
"Hmmm /pol/ might be on to something

>Read next three paragraphs
Oh yeah, /pol/'s retarded.

No it's because they have big Jew noses.

>Denise (((Spellberg)))

But yeah keep on disregarding facts you pedo mudslime.

>having a discussion on Veeky Forums is about winning-losing, BTFOing and getting BTFO, fuck honest intellectual discourse
yep, crypto-/pol/ confirmed

>In 2013, Spellberg published Thomas Jefferson's Qur'an: Islam and the Founders. The book discusses a copy of the Qur'an owned by Thomas Jefferson as well as Jefferson's views on Islam, arguing that his vision for religious freedom in the United States specifically included Muslims.[15]
Jesus

It's nice to know that every /pol/tard is in fact a Muslim who takes the Quran and Hadith as the true words of the Prophet (PBUH).

So many intellectual gymnastics to defend your pedo prophet, mehmet.

>making unfounded claims and getting proven to be an ignoramus is intellectual discourse!

That's nice, idiot.

You also ignore the Muslim scholars. And you know when Puberty typically happens.

For a board that often cites biology as reasoning for why blacks are inferior you sure don't know much about when girls start bleeding

I'm using historians. I'm using what every educated Christian, Muslim and Jewish Middle Eastern historian since the 8th century has said

t. had to be provoked to substantiate claims

>t. still making gormless assumptions

That's nice, idiot.

t. I can't stop projecting

I think 11-14 is a reasonable. 9 is too young.
>but muh only 2 year difference
The body changes a lot in 2 years at that age.