How useful would had been massive air raids involving chemical weapons?

How useful would had been massive air raids involving chemical weapons?

For example if Tokyio firebombings had been done with mustard gas

In my opinion it would had been a 99% killing rate in a single night

Maybe this thread could cut forever the "what if usa hadnt had nukes" meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin
fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/cbw/jptac008_l94001.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1488505002103.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>In my opinion it would had been a 99% killing rate in a single night
What level of autism do you have?

In WWI chemical weapons were dispersed alongside wide flat countryside against soldiers using gas masks

Now think about dispersing these gases from above against a high density urban city without any type of protection

Nasty, nasty, nasty shit. But unlike nyooks they are only useful against unprepared civilian population.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin

>In WWI chemical weapons were dispersed alongside wide flat countryside against soldiers using gas masks
And there's a reason they didn't use them in World War II

You see, non autistic people don't want to make 2 million people choke to death over 30 minutes.

You know the Japs had gas masks right?

>How useful would had been massive air raids involving chemical weapons?
And then Japan and Germany would have counterattacked with their own biological and chemical weapons and you would have a massive clusterfuck.

vx and nervous gases didnt exist in WWII (only in germany stockpiles)

There was a basically unspoken rule not to use chemical weapons. Most military men, from all sides, believed their effectiveness was pretty limited to begin with.

Mustard gas kills people, but does nothing to infrastructure. You can win a battle with it, but not war, unless you kill nearly every single last person in a sizable nation, which would require more mustard gas than the world has ever produced, many times over. Fire bombing, on the other hand, kills people and infrastructure, and fire, unlike gas, perpetuates itself, particularly in a mostly wooden city.

It also isn't as effective as yer thinking, lots of people survive gas attacks. It's really not useful for eliminating production centers, so much as clearing individual battlefields of infantry and generating fear.

>You see, non autistic people don't want to make 2 million people choke to death over 30 minutes.

ehh.. Did you forgot against whom was WW2 waged? The problem here was that the weapons were not efficient enough for tactical use and had Germans used them strategically, well judge for yourself.

And dioxine was accidently used in 'Nam. People there are still suffering from it.

The kill rate for mustard gas is closer to 20% and only for those directly exposed. Even sarin gas, dropped in a city, has little effect - and we have historical examples of that. Scares the shit out of everyone, but that's about it.

Explosive bombs, on the other hand, start fires, that spread on their own. Not only having a much better kill ratio at the point of impact, but destroying builds, factories, warehouses, supplies, and spreading fires throughout which go on to do more of the same.

Now, if your goal is to take a city intact, a whole lotta gas bombs might be a viable strategy, but if your goal is to cripple the enemy's ability to make war, then you wanna use more traditional bombs.

>Did you forgot against whom was WW2 waged
Lets put up the factions will we

Germans who had an army that were lead by non insane people who refused to use gas in all but one instance in fear of retaliation.

British who had an army that were lead by non insane people who refused to use gas in fear of retaliation despite Churchill urging them to.

Japanese who had an army that were lead by insane people who refused to use gas on anyone with their own stockpiles in fear of retaliation.

Italy, it's fucking Italy they couldn't win a war if you gave them nukes and told them to invade the north pole. Also they only gassed people who didn't have their own stockpile in fear of retaliation.

Soviet union, like they could produce anything more advanced than methane at that point

>British who had an army that were lead by non insane people who refused to use gas in fear of retaliation despite Churchill urging them to.
The anthrax bombs weren't much of a problem to them though. Thank god the war was over before they were ready.

Well, that, and if the city is expecting gas bombs, they are much easier to protect from than explosives.

The Japanese did use gas weapons a couple of times in China.

That's what I said, they used them on people who couldn't retaliate in kind.

>Germans who had an army that were lead by non insane people who refused to use gas in all but one instance in fear of retaliation.
I was refering to the gas chambers, but whatever. Point is that tactical use was not very viable (as shown in Kerch) and strategic use be like pissing on the hornets nest.

>Soviet union, like they could produce anything more advanced than methane at that point
You underestimate Russian foolhardiness. Had Stalin said use chemical weapons, they would made the front uninhabitable for decades.

>Had Stalin said use chemical weapons
They would have responded
>We don't have any chemical weapons

You know they are not exactely hard to produce?

bullshit
fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/cbw/jptac008_l94001.htm

doesn't change fact, they did not have them, couldn't make them and if they could, they couldn't store them.

You seem rather conscious about that, it would be a shame if a post directly above yours had proven you wrong...

NTG, but the link makes it sound as though they didn't have any real stockpiles during WWII, and good deal of the stockpiles they had afterwards, were actually from Germany.

Any stockpiles they did have were likely destroyed during the initial German advance, that really forced Stalin to move and rebuild all his military production at the edge of Siberia. (Which was a rather staggering feet). Since he wanted to retake his country, using any gasses with long standing after effects or defoliage wouldn't have been a wise move. Once he was on the offensive, there would have been no need and he would have had to start thinking about the consequences to his position after the war - there being a lot of evidence that he was planning for that rather thoroughly.

Given the desperation and the cut-and-burn strategy, I am a bit surprised that no gas attacks were used by the Russians during that war, but it seems it maybe it was a combination of minimal availability and cooler heads prevailing. (Inasmuch as you can call Stalin a "cool head".)

less effective

with the bonus of maybe not destroying what you want to conquer.

chemical weapons are not strategic weapons. they only really work on the small scale to kill people otherwise protected from bullets or explosions.

even a biological weapon attack would only strain medical care systems.

Would have been better of sticking with the "Bat Bomb" concept they had been legit working on. Less international heat later on, no nuke.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb

Jesus fuck our grampa's were crazy mother fuckers.

probably overall less effective than fire and completely useless against infrastructure

They were ready in 1942...

I was under the impression that weaponized Gas isn't a very effective strategic tool which is why, along with wanting to avoid the hassle of a retaliatory use of gas, all sides on WW2 never resorted to deploying it even in their most dire straits. Compared to say...biological weapons who held much more strategic promise and were fully contemplated and almost deployed by at least the British & Japanese.

Sarin gas would fuck millions six ways to Sunday in a largely populated city

No

Why not?

Cuz it's been done, twice, and it didn't. Killed less than a dozen people.

I'm a scary gargoyle on a tower
That you made with plastic power
Your rhinestone eyes are like factories far away

When the paralytic dreams that we all seem to keep
Drive on engines 'til they weep
With future pixels in factories far away

So call the mainland from the beach
Your heart is now washed up in bleach
The waves are rising for this time of year
And nobody knows what to do with the heat
Under sunshine pylons we'll meet while rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky

I got a feeling now my heart is frozen
All the phoses and the growsin
Happy and after native in my soul
I prayed on the unmovable
Yeah clinging to the Adam's of rock
Seasons seas just smooth signs of change
I can't see now she so sexy
Now that light is so I can see
The storm bring strange loyalties and skies

More like 500, plus ~3,500 sickened, but yeah, not super-effective. (Then again, looking it over, you might right about the initial effect, seems much of this was incidental.)

Wow, that's some real faggot shit.

It's Gorillaz' Rhinestone Eyes you plebei, shut the fuck up.

Some kind of nature
Some kind of soul
Some kind of mixture
Some kind of goal
Some kind of majesty
Some chemical load

Some kind of metal made up from glue
Some kind of plastic I could wrap around you

The needy eat man-mades
They wear phony clothes
They sit with our picture up until they grow old

babbies first alt-rock band

The myriad choices of his fate
Set themselves out upon a plate
For him to choose
What had he to lose

Not a ghost bloodied country
All covered with sleep
Where the black angel did weep
Not an old city street in the east
Gone to choose

And wandering's brother
Walked on through the night
With his hair in his face
On a long splintered cut from the knife of g.t.

The rally man's patter ran on through the dawn
Until we said so long
To his skull-shrill yell

Shining brightly red-rimmed and
Red-lined with the time
Infused with the choice of the mind
On ice skates scraping chunks
From the bells

Cut mouth bleeding razor's
Forgetting the pain
Antiseptic remains cool goodbye
So you fly
To the cozy brown snow of the east
Gone to choose, choose again

Sacrificials remains make it hard to forget
Where you come from
The stools of your eyes
Serve to realize fame, choose again

And roverman's refrain of the sacrilege recluse
For the loss of a horse
Went the bowels and a tail of a rat
Come again, choose to go

And if epiphany's terror reduced you to shame
Have your head bobbed and weaved
Choose a side to be on

If the stone glances off
Split didactics in two
Leave the colors of the mouse trails
Don't scream, try between
If you choose, if you choose, try to lose
For the loss of remain come and start

Start the game i che che che che i
Che che ka tak koh
Choose to choose
Choose to choose, choose to go

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1488505002103.webm

You must have better things to do with your precious shitposting time.

I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.