Where did all the quality crypto posters move to? this place is a disaster

where did all the quality crypto posters move to? this place is a disaster

Still here mate. What do you want to know?

I this ocean of shitcoins, what charts look better to you? Aka longterm.

I'm still here.

April and Mays growth called too many newfags and shills

It wasn't this bad a couple of weeks ago. wtf happened?

It's fucking summer now faggot. This happens every year.

Not him but can I get some actual good info on ARK, Waves, and XMR?

I remember knowing that ETH was going to be a good investment a year ago because I got some actual good info from Veeky Forums people.

But now the board isn't full of knowledgeable people, it's full of idiots

alternatively tell me how I can teach my self the skills of knowing whether or not a coin will do well or not so I don't have to be a plebian any longer

ETH and BTC are the safest bets, in spite of their numerous problems. First mover advantage is huge. Even a dip to half of their value, which is extremely unlikely to happen at this stage, would be momentary.
Everything else is really a gamble if you're talking years. The coolest technology of today might mean nothing tomorrow. Replacing the blockchain with DAGs is an interesting idea for example, but who knows if it'll get traction.

Veeky Forums is a haven for normies now. this already happened with both /r9k/ and /pol/

2014 alts are now vogue, whales are accumulating choose wisely.

>It wasn't this bad a couple of weeks ago.
Yes it was.

We got smarter and decided that quality cryptos will moon regardless of whether they are "pumped" here or not because the public is catching on. So it's best to keep Veeky Forums away from the quality shit and let them play around with meme shit like Mooncoin.

Once Veeky Forums "takes over" a crypto, investors want nothing to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, it was bad, but at least it was funny. Now it is pure shit almost overnight.

>alternatively tell me how I can teach my self the skills of knowing whether or not a coin will do well or not so I don't have to be a plebian any longer
Read. It really is that simple, all of you have to do is torture yourself through the initial confusion. I find the tech side very interesting so I like it, I'm guessing there's many who don't or just don't give a shit.

You should A L W A Y S do your own research. Once you've gotten a decent grasp of the more fundamental concepts it gets considerably easier to evaluate newer projects.

And yeah sure, you can make money from shitcoins too, I have some funds set aside just for that, but you do not want to be left holding them when this bubble bursts.

XMR for example has their own Stackexchange, it's a very good resource. Only others that have one are Ethereum and Bitcoin though.

ARK is not an innovative project. Their value proposition isn't unique and their "team" is a skeleton crew if you filter out the advisors and marketing people. Their strength lies in this marketing, they used all the right buzzwords at the right time to get people on board. This coin will likely rise with the market for a few more months, but it will be part of the casualties when the bubble pops (still a while until this happens).

WAVES has a great value proposition as an accessible gateway into cryptocurrency. Their client is easy to use, their exchange works. The delisting of NGR and communication blackout puts in jeopardy the decentralization aspect they promised. This is unlikely to hurt adoption, as most people don't like racism and will accept restrictions to free speech targeting troublesome ideas. But it raises concerns regarding the longterm viability of the platform. Good hold which should appreciate in value for the next few months, whether it crashes will depend on their market penetration after that point.

XMR is a serious project by people who act like clowns. It's unlikely to go away anytime soon, and it will likely survive the bubble pop. However, it's unlikely to ever get mass appeal, and should trade sideways with slight bumps up as the global crypto market expands.

As for teaching yourself how to fish: go on coinmarketcap. Read the websites, the whitepapers, the announcement boards, the reddits. Research coin supply, initial distribution and market cap, but do not focus on those facts too much unless it is particularly stacked. Check out github, if only to see how often it is updated. Google the name of the coin + "scam" to see any drama in past history, and judge the reactions from every party involved. Gauge public sentiment above all: crypto is a largely speculative investment backed by technology largely obtuse to most people in the space. Satoshi's original vision is still to this day revolutionary...

(1/2)

Seriously fuck off with your cryptoshit.

Laura Southern told everyone to come here, remember?

...and Ethereum succeeded not thanks to technology, but due to their clever way of tying a relatable real-life concept, gas, to what they were trying to do. So you want to see how well the team gets their message across, and you want to see how well it spreads.

(2/2)

Where do I start reading though? I read the shit out of Veeky Forums, the only skill I have accumulated so far is I'm able to tell when a coin is a total worthless shitcoin. Mooncoin for example, I was able to tell that it was shit

For example you said stackexchange and I have no idea what that even means

>As for teaching yourself how to fish: go on coinmarketcap. Read the websites, the whitepapers, the announcement boards, the reddits. Research coin supply, initial distribution and market cap, but do not focus on those facts too much unless it is particularly stacked. Check out github, if only to see how often it is updated. Google the name of the coin + "scam" to see any drama in past history, and judge the reactions from every party involved. Gauge public sentiment above all: crypto is a largely speculative investment backed by technology largely obtuse to most people in the space. Satoshi's original vision is still to this day revolutionary...

Thank you user

Best post I've read on here. Last paragraph is all you need to know.

Thanks for posting this quality content. You are high IQ like me in a sea of apes and retards.

>...and Ethereum succeeded not thanks to technology, but due to their clever way of tying a relatable real-life concept, gas, to what they were trying to do.

What did he mean by this

Most of Veeky Forums is shitposting, you'll find very few thoughtful posts. Other chatrooms are generally shit too.

Apart from what was already mentioned by >many projects have an IRC channel or Slack where you can discuss with the developers or occasionally find good resources
>Smith & Crown releases reports of some projects, it can serve as a good summary before you dive any deeper
>there's various podcasts, presentations and interviews on Youtube and Soundcloud (e.g. Epicenter)
>Medium.com posts
>mailing lists

Read aantonop's "mastering bitcoin" and Nick Szabo's blog. Won't hurt to follow some people on Twitter, e.g. Chris Burniske and Kyle Torpey.

>For example you said stackexchange and I have no idea what that even means
It's the first result on Google.

i have been on Veeky Forums since around 2005, and mostly hung out on /g and /a and /b - but started reading here a couple of months ago.

it's been quite the education, and i have taken the advice of several posters in this thread and have been doing my research and due diligence.

will be investing some real cash in the next couple of months as i learn.

and will be using cash that allows me to HODL, not cash out like a weak handed pussy every time the market drops.

Bitcoin is digital gold, Ethereum is digital gas. If you come up to the technologically inept and tell them there's this new platform with smart contracts that's going to revolutionize everything, they can feel you really believe in it but it's a little too much to absorb at once. If you add that the ether currency is used as gas to power this new network, this makes more intuitive sense. Things need energy, cars use gas, and if this crazy nerd guy is right about this new network taking off then I might as well own some of the oil rigs powering it.

I started investing into this after I missed that initial huge jump for ETH. I ended up buying in at $160. If there's anything that I've learned about the market it's that you absolutely never ever put all of your eggs into one basket. ESPECIALLY a shitcoin. Shitcoin trading should be about 25% of your total investment while you keep the others in a long term hold like ETH/BTC/XMR/LTC.

People on this board will wake up and see that the coin they're invested into is down 3% and will think that having "iron hands" is going to save them. There is genuinely no reason to keep your money in a coin if it's on a downward trend. Losing 2-5% is a much better alternative then dealing with a crash. I.e. Digibyte.

if you've watched the coin before and you know that it does basic 5% swings nearly every day then you should obviously not sell off.

twitter

Found the smart guy OP

Quality thread all should read

Also I don't know if you're still here but what is your forecast on Stratis