1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Do you have any noteworthy ancestor(s)? In that case who/which?

1. Sweden
2. Yes, i'm related to Jacob Johan Anckarström, who murdered the swedish king Gustav III

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belem_(ship)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Louise_Haumont
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. UK
2. No

France
The further we could go to is to a swiss guard who became a weaver in the north of france after the revolution. He was a mercenary in the louis xvi's guard. Since they almost all got murdered, i guess he was kind of a hustler.

Finland
Nothing beyond couple guerilla leaders

Macedonia
Related to Alexander The Great.

Wtf same lol

1.Poland
2.My grandpas uncle drew basically all roads in kenya for the brits. Died before I was born but he liked my father a lot.

Uncle signed the declaration of independece, another one was a framer of the Constitution. Grandpa fought in the revolutionary war, appeared in front of a judge to claim his pension at 94 years old, lived to be over 100.

1. USA
2. Just some colonist from the 1600s that a thousand others are descended from.

1. Australia
2. Dublins 3rd most notorious rapist f the 1790s

I am Greek.

USA
Lady Godiva's family, and Button Gwinnett.

1. Ireland
2.Great granddad was a tank driver in the 7th Armoured Division during WWII. Great uncle was apparently a clerk in the British Army and was at the Japanese surrender. Apparently had a Katana as well so probably one of the first weabs.

NI or Republic?

1. United States
2. No

On my mothers side there's a Mussolini fugitive and on my fathers side there's a Finnish SS Luftwaffe Ace. Those are probably the two most noteworthy that aren't over 100 years ago.

USA.
I am related to chief tucumseh who invaded Georgia in the Seminole war and on my moms side my great grandpa revived the iron cross for his actions in WWI

I am sorry.

France
some guy who did all the campains of Napoléon and got a medal for it

1. Germany
2. Yes, related to Lili von Dehn and some other russian nobility though my grandmom. Don't take much pride in it though, since I'm suspect sure some of my family did some shady things in Nazi Germany

1. Spain
2. I am related to Lucien Bonaparte

1. Finland
2. I guess. I'm related to the Italian WW1 hero Luigi Rizzo on my mom's side. Nobody famous on my dad's side.

>Herodotus
Lol.

1. Austra
2. Lol

Australia
German violin makers

Greek/Polish
>Grandfather owned a tavern and fought Mussolini.
>Polish Grandfather was a farmer/painter, fought against the Soviets.

underrated post

>USA
>Great uncle was a tank commander under Patton
>Great aunt was some sort of semi-famous artist
>Father wrote a couple of fairly novel papers on anesthesiology
>I shitpost on a Mongolian horsetail tapestry weaving board

1. USA (Louisiana)
2. Family from North Carolina signed the Deceleration of independence and fought in the Revolution.

1. France
2. My Nantais part of the family owned a shipyard in the XVIIIth and XIXth century, and of the ships that they were ordered, one named the "Belem" is now considered a "national heritage" nowadays.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belem_(ship)
Also my great-great grandfather in WWI was instrumental in setting up the "camouflage" wing of the French army. And there was another ancestor for which we have proof (medals) that he served in the Napoleonic wars (but who in France doesn't?)
Then I hear that there was an ancestor that was mayor of Bruxelles once, and on that same side of my Belgian part of the family, there's my great grand aunt that was an author and that was bestowed the Femina prize, which is a bit prestigious.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Louise_Haumont

No nobility in the lot, but a bunch of rich industralists though since one branch of my family is Parisian since the XIVth or XVth century.