Latin America

What do you know of latin america

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_crisis_of_1895
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People can't discuss its history without mentioning the United States, usually to blame it. It's frustrating.

Bossa nova is probably the greatest achievement in popular music

Bossa nova is shitty elevator music.

Tango is better.

yes it's quite frustrating but the problem is that when you start reading and learning about this countries is a convination of factors such as corruption populism dictatorships and most of them are related with united states in one way or another

>tango
>not cueca

When was the last time you read a discussion on Latin American history, save conquistadors and Aztecs/Mayans/etc

Argentina and Uruguay = White
Other countries = Indians

funny thing is Chileans don't care about being white. Only about continuing the glory of the Reich

Chileans are 50% and 50% mixed/indian

Which Reich?

Haiti and Quebec are of latin America

Arizona is in latin america

Bolivar is my husbando

bolivar has sex with washington while san martin plays with his little friend

Corruption, populism and dictatorships existed in the early 19th century before American interference became a thing.

That we are not a part of it.
t. Chile

yes it was when the british empire was on it's rise and had 80% of latin america debt as well as the only manufacturing industry and a need of goods, sadly it's not just the us the one who can take advantage of latin america. Every great power will need something of latin america it's the curse that brought living in a land full of natural resourses

The worst part is that it's quite ungrateful to blame the U.S. for Latin American problems, when Latin America wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the Americans guaranteeing our independence with the Monroe doctrine.

Just consider what happened during the early 1860s, when the American Civil War made the U.S. unable to enforce the Monroe doctrine. France invaded Mexico, Spain recolonized the Dominican Republic and started a war with Peru and Chile, the British took Belize even arranged some diplomatic fight with Brazil that could have became a war.

Without the U.S. to defend us Latin America would have been partitioned by European powers like Africa somewhere in the late XIXth century.

but if you feel curious about why many people in latin america have feelings against the US search in google operation condor.

"Corruption, populism and dictatorship" would exist even in complete isolation. It existed in Paraguay during the early 19th century when the country was completely cut off from the entire world.

If you actually study the history of Latin America, instead of regurgitating left-wing propaganda, you would realize that anti-British leaders were actually more corrupt and dictatorial than pro-British ones. Just compare Dr. Francia and Rosas in Paraguay and Argentina, with Pedro II and Domingo Sarmiento in Brazil and Argentina.

Another irritating left-wing meme is the idea that the U.S. somehow commanded its Latin American puppets to persecute innocent communists, with no agency from Latin Americans involved.

The truth is that the KGB and Cuban intelligence were funding communist guerrillas across the entire continent, and that require cooperation to fend off that threat. The U.S. provided help until the Carter Presidency, afterwards Latin Americans fought alone against communism.

If you think they were wrong, if you think Latin America would be better under the rule of KGB and Cuban intelligence, just look at Venezuela and see what the results of your desired policies actually look like.

Venezuelan here, this.
Stupid left wing narrative makes it seem like ALL of us wanted communism but the big bad CIA stopped it. Nah, there's no way any of us would possibly want to be free of communism by ourselves? Ridiculous.

>Latin America wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the Americans guaranteeing our independence with the Monroe doctrine.

This is what Americans actually believe.

It's simply fact. As I mentioned, during the 5 years the U.S. couldn't enforce the Monroe doctrine, European powers advanced upon Latin America like vultures.

They partitioned all of Africa, most of Asia, why do you think they stayed out of Latin America, if not because the U.S. told them to fuck off?

best reich, the 4th reich

4th reich wouldn't be a 3rd world shithole full of mixed race people.

It's not, the Monroe doctrine meant dick and virtually any time it was invoked European powers did what they liked anyway. Most notably in the Venezuelan crises which happened long after the civil war.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_crisis_of_1895

>They partitioned all of Africa, most of Asia, why do you think they stayed out of Latin America
They didn't. They came into Latin America, and it stopped being native ruled and started being Latin America.

Then Latin American states managed to win their own independence without US support and emerge as westernised countries. Not powerful countries. But countries advanced enough that it was easier to just influence them indirectly and not really worth the hassle of bothering to conquer them again.

Not to mention the US during the 1800s, whilst strong, wasn't strong enough to just ban Europeans from the western hemisphere.

Paraguay during the 19th century had corruption and a dictatoship but it was the fastest growing country in that time in all latin america. It stopped after the tipple alliance war that was made possible by the liberal gobernments of Argentina Brasil and Uruguay of the moment and backed by the British because they were not seeing their part of that growth. I'm not a left wing supporter even more i consider that much of the violence that reign in my country (Argentina) in 1960s and 70s as well as part of the 80s is a fault of both comunism backed by the USSR and it's allies and also capitalism backed by the USA. Also i would not be so proud of the monroe doctrine because it's true that it helped a lot to endure and promote the american freedom but at the cost of becoming the backyard of the US having to do whatever washington or the CIA or later the IMF. The United States is a great country with some great ideals. But people in latin america have their reasons to dislike them. If you still want to jump to my neck to atak me it's up to you. The only thing i would like you to read of all this paragraph is that even If you are strongest of the playground that doesn't gives you the right to tell them wich game to play

The War of the Triple Alliance began because Paraguay invaded Brazil and Argentina. Did the British use mind control powers to convince Solano Lopez to do that? That's the only way they could be blamed for that war, specially considering how Brazil and the United Kingdom had break down in diplomacy during that time, thanks to the "Christie affair".

And by the way, the notion that Paraguay was an industrial powerhouse before the war and the British were scared of them is a total myth.

I know I wouldn't want to live there

so not the US?

Its a shithole full of subhuman monkeys, and favourite past time is having beheading competitions.

ok pedro, back to walmart

so you know nothing about Latin America

I don't think anyone ever implied the US would be 4th reich.

that sounds more like sandniggers

most chileans are mestizos lmao, only the bougies are white

literally.

even so, most upper class have a sliver of mapuche.

Im almost entirely white (French, Italian, Spaniard), but there is mapuche in me. Comes with the territory of being a former Spanish colony.

We're more elitists than anything else really.

sliver of native**

This desu
Nuke us already

This. Chileans are not really racists but seem to care a lot about how much money you make, which school/university you attended, shit like that.

The US is kinda to blame in some aspects like the retarded coups and funding godless regimes, but it didn't help that Latin America was colonized by the backward Spaniards and the retarded elites of the early republics thought that they could ditch 300 years of retarded Hispanic political/economic traditions for British/French/German ideals of enlightenment.

>the Chilean government back then hired lots of Prussian military men to mold their army
>because of this, their army follows the Prussian military school
>because of this fact, Peruvian retards and other homos shitpost about "CHILE ES WHITE"

How do you clean your ass?

The Brittish colonies of Belize and Guayanna and the enlighted republic of Haiti prove you right

>someone mentions Argentina
>"YEAH, BUT CHILE..."

Then
>Try to fix things; everyone breaks into factions and makes everything even shittier
Now
>Try to make a revilution; The US intervenes at the very last moment without being asked and takes control over your country
>Try to be a strong leader; The US intervenes and instala a CIA puppet