Is the Constitution of the United States of America the most important document created in human history?

Is the Constitution of the United States of America the most important document created in human history?

Other urls found in this thread:

canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. GOD=7_4 is way, way more important.

In modern human history, maybe.

Funny way to spell the Gospel aka NT of the Bible.

It is most certainly the most important written document for Americans. Worldwide? There's a lot of things more important.

No, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is far more important. USA = USgay

Treaty of Versailles

You can't just take one document in the history of classical liberalism and Republican government and say that it is the most important because every important document in that long chain of inspiration was necessary to take the ideas from the previous incarnation and inspire the next. You can point to the magna Carta or the US Constitution or the napoleonic code and so on and so forth, and you can try to argue that one particular document in the long history of the enlightenment and liberal thinking and say "this one inspired the most people" or "this one most resembles modern versions so it was naturally the most influential" or some other rationalization like that, but ultimately they were all equally important in leading to the dominant political philosophies of our era, one inspiring the next until we get to the modern day.

Probably not, no, and I have made an EXTREMELY detailed, autistic study of the constitution and its amendments recently. I need to re-read.

I have word counts that are defensibly at variance with everything else I've seen reported . Also, the senate.gov representation of the document literally gets important language wrong; I alerted wikisource about some things recently but last I checked the senate website itself is still wrong on some actual words.

So hamarabes code?

>ultimately they were all equally important

this should set off any halfway decent scholar's bullshit meter. It's the kind of equalist pap that undergraduates are force-fed, to feel-good about, and trained to use to misconstrue reality.

Tell me about this document. Does it legally guarantee the freedom of speech?

The most? Arguable. But its definitely up there.

god forbid you don't have stupid antagonistic, nationalistic arguments about who's constitution was more influential or super intelligent scholars such as yourself would have nothing to talk about.

Well I think the Constitution is nearly as important as something like the Magna Carta though. Obviously most of this is somewhat arbitrary but there is nothing wrong with trying to measure importance or influence. Just because one document hasn't had the same influence as another doesn't make unimportant.

American here.
Look although the constitution has an awesome setup. it has one of the hugest flaws I have ever seen. amendments 13, 18, and 21.

13: abolishes slavery, and even though this is without a doubt a federal matter that needed to be ratified, it is a stain on America that it ever had to make something so demoralizing an amendment. It is forever in our blood that we held onto slavery for that long. Not to mention it is an amendment that is over shadowed by the 14th and 15th amendment that clarify the means of the 13th because the 13th wasnt clear enough.

Next. 18. the prohibition of alcohol. Like slavery it eliminates something that we once had. Not on a state level but at the highest federal level. I also feel as though the 13th amendment had it not been made an amendment, would have never influenced our congress to create the 18th amendment. This was something blown out of proportion completely. Why we ever decided to make it an amendment that something so silly as alcohol to be illegal an amendment is ridiculous. I understand at the time it was a huge deal but then again it also ties into what i was saying about the 13th amendment. if not for making something illegal an amendment in the first place we wouldn't have the 18th.

which brings me to my next amendment. 21! THE BIGGEST FUCK UP OF AMERICAN HISTORY.
I know debatable, but here me out. It is an amendment, something so high up in law making that it is almost considered the bible of america. The 21st amendment legalizes alcohol again but not in the way it should have. It took away the power of the 18 and thus not only legalized alcohol again but showed how very week the constitution of the united states of america is.

is we can make an amendment that makes another amendment non applicable about something as silly as alcohol, what else can it take away?
our right to vote?
Our right to keep and bare arms?
our right to freedom of speech?

we fucked up with 13,18,21.

Should have kept slavery imo

>Constitution
>not the Magna fucking Carta
Claps everyone.

slavery isn't even illegal.

"…except as punishment for a crime…"

Prisoners (disproportionately black) are currently working in factories for $0.02-$0.14/hr to produce material for companies like Land's End and Victoria's Secret.

In a Louisiana State prison called the Farm, prisoners work in fields with hand tools while an overseer with a shotgun on a horse watches them..

kek
you guys are missing the point.

No, the Uniform Commercial Code is more important, since the UCC applies to all governments, “... whether interstellar, intergalactic, international, national, state, provincial, or local ...”

canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

I got your point. Lawmakers resorted to the "ultimate" of amending the Constitution for trivial things that could have been accomplished with a federal law. They brought a nuke to a gun fight

Hell, the 13th wouldn't have been so bad if it was more than 2 sentences and was more clear and concise like you said

>Tell me about this document. Does it legally guarantee the freedom of speech?
Only liberals care about freedom of speech.

Founded in english common law, based on the functioning rule of law and due process. Speaks once more to Magna Carta.

Also
>... whether interstellar, intergalactic
>Implying it's possible to legislate for impossible jurisdictions
I'd like to see them provide a geographical nexus for their intergalactic jurisdiction.

I'm sire conservatives love it. It allowed them to call Obama a nigger without fear of going to prison

Conservatives are liberals and only live in liberal societies. Only americans believe that history starts in the 70s whereas liberalism has been in existence for 300 years.

>created in human history?
implying it was made by humans

humans aren't gods

Written the same year, Adam Smith's Wealth of the Nations is just as important
Creation of free markets was so essential

>It's an american thread

No. American history isn't the entirety of human history.

That is a nickname. It's called Angola State Prison which is hilariously racist.

Well put.

That couldnt be judged for at least a few thousand years OP, so just delete this thread

Laws are still real and existent entities, and can still be made and understood to apply to physical spaces and jurisdictions, /irrespective of their physical capacity to be enforced/. Laws are words that mean things, and constantly and readily admit of trivial, vacuously true, ambiguous, and contradictory cases, and this exactly because of the squishiness of natural human languages. This is why we have high judges and such. Law is praxis; we do not allow our imperfect abilities to interpret and define our own languages to discourage us from making laws, and from holding those laws to be valid. Thus, if the appropriate body passes a law to the effect that 1) Mars is a jurisdiction of such-and-such, and 2) It is illegal for a human to commite murder, which entails the killing of another human, while both such humans are on the planet Mars, then this law is not a /fiction/ as-such (except perhaps in a certain legal sense);

Obviously, if your law can't be enforced somehow, then it loses credibility. But this is another issue, downstream of what I'd been talking about.

a piece of paper.

No, it's important from a constitutional law perspective, but there are many other documents that are just as important.

Of course... we need the map on the back of it to find the Templar treasure.

not really
code napoleon is