Iv been trying to understand the Demiurge but the wiki page and youtube videos haven't really help...

Iv been trying to understand the Demiurge but the wiki page and youtube videos haven't really help. Can you guys explain it to me?

Essentially the god of the Jews and by extension the god of the Protestants.

Its lucifer depicted by the khazars.
It has nothing to do with jews other than the khazars calling themselves jews.

Basically the guy who made the world and he's a dick but there's an even more powerful guy who's nice and Jesus is his son not the demiurge

It's the Old Testament God

I assume you already know the bible. Assuming further that you're not a lazy person, before anything you must read Plato's Timaeus. Then have a working knowlegde of comparative religion, the Persian Gathas and the early Jewish mysticism of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Then you will be prepared to understand Gnosticism and early Christianity as a syncretism between all these things.

Plato's Timaeus, but you should read Phaedo and Republic first
New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha
Nag Hammadi Scriptures by Meyer
Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius by Brian P. Copenhaver
Enneads by Plotinus

Then read: The Gnostics: Myth, Ritual, and Diversity in Early Christianity by David Brakke

It Platonist idea that God wouldn't defile Himself by making creation. So He did it through a middle-man, the demiurge.

ITT: Theories of archaeologists.
Truth is there are gnostic texts explaining that man was created by darkness and the spirit was given by God.
Yhvh is just some dark ruler that was there and thought himself god when the actual God gave the spirit and man became alive.

Unironically Evangelion.

In gnostic tradition it's a metaphor for the same shit buddhism advocates, life is suffering - physical world is evil
Yaldabaoth the creator of the physical prison has enslaved you in it - read you're a slave to your Earthly desires, your body and its needs, your material environment and its influences etc etc
However there's a spark of divine in each of us, a sliver of the True God beyond the physical world - our self-consciousness and capacity for abstract thought
And your duty is to emancipate yourself from the material world and connect with that spark inside you to escape and transcend to reunite with the True God

Afaik Plato's original demiurge was a wholly benevolent being

according to /x/ the demiurge died this week

though from a neoplatonist perspective, the demiurge isn't really a dick, just an emanation from the divine One which in turn emanated the world of the senses.

Isn't Yaldabaoth one of the archons who were tasked with creation all around the Universe but went out of their way to implicate their own selfish will, and that resulted in the evil?

Also, I am forgetting, who rule above the demiurge?

There are many versions of the myth. But usually the archons are Yao's minions, according to the Gnostics. He was created by accident when the goddess Sophia tried to conceive without the knowledge and consent of their masculine counterpart. The result was an abortion that gave rise to yaldabaoth and the material material universe, which in the beginning was a chaotic mixture of elements.

Of her* masculine counterpart. All gods of the spiritual world are couples, save the one hidden God above all gods.

Hmm, from what I understand, Gnosticism is very much like a spiritual revival of Enuma Elish but with filling the gap of who came how and when. Interesting!

This is Veeky Forums so, no, you will not be getting a straight accurate answer. Mostly a lot of autism.

>according to /x/ the demiurge died this week
huh? link? proofs? some thread? anything?

They're still puzzling it over. Although this is the most positive I've seen them in quite some time.

Go over there and see for yourself.

i don't see any threads about it, I did see this though

>i don't see any threads about it

so what IS the demiurge

You're asking me? I'm just a random crossboarder out to post memes. There's a slew of good solid advice at the beginning of this thread regarding books to read. I haven't read them, but I trust the advice of anons.

I think the archons are supposed to be the malevolent old Greek gods. And their father/leader is the demiurge.

Sorry, I don't know the details.

I just pop into /x/ like once every 6 months just to see if there might be something interesting, and then I really quickly realize that I have made a huge mistake and remember that /x/ is just a stupid rp board.

Anyway, I noticed there were 4 or 5 threads about the demiurge being dead, and then saw this one here and thought it was funny.

Off to read some Berenstein Bears and hit the sack.