So Veeky Forums why is political science a shit tier???

so Veeky Forums why is political science a shit tier???

God Tier : Medicine

Shit : The Rest.

STEM is the most normie and pleb tier thing you can devote yourself to.

Literally this. STEM majors are all the rage these days. Cool kids do humanities

gee I sure wonder what board wrote this.

>History same tier as Women's Studies

is that really what people think of us?

>tfw undergrad in history and going into medicine

The chart values what is deemed "useful" against what isn't. Nobody will argue the usefulness of a doctor while an historian or a philosopher is easily more deemed as worthless.
The Nat Scientist have the public's esteem because they give the impression of really pushing progress. People feel more valuated when they understand what constitutes them. Meanwhile, historian (such as I) are more treated as disposable because we don't directly address who we are as humans. For the general public, we are treated at best like walking fun facts.

It really all boils down to the single question of : who would we rather save in case of a world-wide catastrophe? The thing is, people can't grasp the importance of history (or any other political science) in our society. Society itself isn't based on the advancement of nat science more than the intellectuals that managed to form a structure and an administration to support communities. Political science and nat science are two face of the same coins : without one, the other can't exist. Nat science can spend all their time explaining what makes a human on a biological level, but it won't mean shit if some nigger that got his major in philosophy isn't there to explain what makes that same human a person.

Have you ever taken a college level politics course? There are two types of students. The first type makes the major God Tier; they do the reading, actively discuss and debate with fellow students and teachers outside of class, and get involved in local politics in whatever capacity they can.

The second group, which makes up 90% of the major, are people who felt pressured to go to college and wanted something that sounded better than english, or failed out of a hard science major.

Tfw history undergrad going to law school

OP here
always figured this chart, which is somewhat true, was referring to BA degrees and not MA's

history undergraduate here, going for political science MA. hopes to work in government, law firm, nonprofit, or teach at a jr. college

>but it won't mean shit if some nigger that got his major in philosophy isn't there to explain what makes that same human a person.

Humanities are indeed valuable but this is 100% bullshit. What also counts in this that a literal retard could probably get a degree in most humanities, maybe except for philosophy, but the shit above is actually quite hard. You can become an engineer or a doctor if you have average mental acuity, true, but you'll have a very hard time. You'll need to put much, much more energy into it than into humanities. Also, no one really gives a shit about mathematicians. They aren't looked at in the same way as physicists or biologists and other more practical experts.

>he isn't devoting his life to studying language and linguistics

>history, political science and economics are shit tier

Tell me, how many presidents and world leaders studied STEM?

To be perfectly honest, actually getting a job in philosophy, especially becoming a well publish philosopher, takes a high level of mental acuity, at least on par with if not surpassing those other fields.

It's the study of and just getting the degree that is not that mentally challenging.

the charts satire its how the branch sees itself

example if you do law then everything in god tier sees law as god tier, everything in mid tier sees what you do as mid tier, etc

>a literal retard could probably get a degree in most humanities
undergrad degree, i cannot argue with this. grad degrees, another story

>historian (such as I)
didn't even notice this...tell us more??
what degree(s) do you have? where do you work? MA in history is not out of the question for me, just thought polisci would be a more marketable MA with better salary prospects

OP here again btw

I can't remember who said it but some famous entrepreneur said recently that social sciences or whatever are going to become more important than the STEM meme as automation hits, even coding jobs being at risk. So rub out what can possibly be automated and then redraw the chart.

Mark Cuban. He's probably right. Any person who studies one of the mentioned "god tier" subjects is worse than a computer and will likely be replaced by one. Computers can never replace the humanities.

If a machine can do your job, it's not very difficult.

>Cuban: No finance. That's the easiest thing — you just take the data have it spit out whatever you need. I personally think there's going to be a greater demand in 10 years for liberal arts majors than there were for programming majors and maybe even engineering, because when the data is all being spit out for you, options are being spit out for you, you need a different perspective in order to have a different view of the data. And so having someone who is more of a freer thinker.

This is the god tier setup

I mean surgery and stuff sure, but that will be a while for medical stuff IMO. People still want a human touch for medicine I think.

The only things that could never be automated are mathematics, the arts and the softer humanities.

Once coding jobs are "automated" out of existence we will have hit technical singularity with the capability to dynamically program every job out of existence, think about what you are saying.

Poli sci and humanities/social sciences are a joke because they are watered down milque toast degrees that anyone can do and are considered de facto if you don't know what to do in college

if STEM got squeezed out of existence the more capable students in those programs would edge out the lazy faggots who go into poli sci

Why is Computer Science Mid Tier and Astronomy God

This picture is older than Veeky Forums and a total meme

Because "le hard sciences are better than anything else" meme

Math was literally one of the first things to be automated. Significant parts of the arts are automated, that's what all those art programs are.

>information technology
>low tier

was this chart made 10 years ago? the IT industry is booming again

Math will """"literally"""" never be automated.

>muh proof machines lel stemfags BT-
You don't know how math works.

As for art, there will always be artists. Just because they use a computer instead of a paint brush doesn't mean that art is automated.

>liberal arts majors
>freer thinkers

Angela Merkel

How can research and development/teaching be replaced by a computer?

Depends on the STEM really. A petroleum engineer will always be better off than some generic programmer.

>People still want a human touch for medicine I think.
you really can't argue with this. even if the treatments are all automated, a lot of other services would remain in the human domain simply out of consumer comfort. oh, and a large human staff to maintain and oversee all the computers and robots
>Poli sci and humanities/social sciences are a joke
not at the grad school level dipshit, MA and PhD in public administration or international relations can easily land you a six figure income in government or private sector

ya no this guy is right math will never not need a human research presence, not sure we're that near automating computers to further enhance mathematics on their own

based

Why are you shifting the goalposts to "grad school level"

I really hope no one is at the grad school level just to be there, that is not the case for undergrad

wait, are you saying the goalpost was never grad school?
are you telling me there are people dumb enough not get their masters? why even fucking go to college int he first place??