Why did God create all this other crap? Why not just create Earth?

Why did God create all this other crap? Why not just create Earth?

No "mysterious ways" memes please.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487816801468.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cause he wanted to?

So we as humans could have fun starting interstellar wars?

Besides, how could Star Wars exist had there not been stars to inspire Goerge Lucas, and which is the finality to God's universe?

>god created jupiter

no, physics and chemistry created jupiter in the universe that god created

Do you atheists realize that you are even more literalist than the fundamentalists you pretend to hate

>Why did God create all this other crap? Why not just create Earth?

How could we even know, authoritatively?

Did God create humans, or did humans emerge out of the universe God created?

God's causation is concurrent with material causation.

>lmao just cherrypick what to believe and choose the interpretation that suits you best
I can respect fundamentalists better than this blasphemy.

>Why did God create all this other crap? Why not just create one flat grass plain?

>this question is very hard for religion x, so I'll make it!
Thats cute, but for religion y your question is retarded.

A farmer went out to sow his seed. And as he was sowing, some seed fell along the path, where it was trampled, and the birds of the air devoured it. Other seed fell on rocky ground, and when it came up, the seedlings withered because they had no moisture.…

The earth is flat, do your research (check out Eric Dubay and Rob Skiba's videos).

Space doesn't exist, it's pure fiction.

Don't ask questions goyime just accept it, Jesus loves you!

>anti-theist steps in

oh no, not on my /his

>i'll derail the thread because my arguments got BTFO so comprehensively

"""reason""" and """logic""" everyone

If humans are truly made in God's image (and if that means we are at least a somewhat accurate reflection of his general personality), I'd wager he created all that for the hell of it. Maybe to look pretty. Humans have a tendency to make interesting if mostly useless art, so who says God is exempt?

>eric dubay
he's done an excellent job proving a flat earth, aswell as being the first to revive the zetetic movement, but i would take him with a grain of salt because he's a new ager and not a christian

rob skiba is top-tier though.

If Man was at all created in the image of a God that spawned all this we would surely all be severely autistic.

That would certainly explain a lot about us in general, yes.

obviously because there never was a creator

Lots of people take guesses about what being made in God's image means.

meme

I guess it's because that'd be boring.

just a collection of shit caught between 2 collided stars

being the only intelligent being in the solar system, possibly in the galaxy or even the universe is pretty boring as well

Being stuck with fellow humans has so far never proven boring. Also it's possible we're in quarantine.

For fun

To give us means of entertainment. If God is the all knowing nigga he is said to be, he knew that one day humanity would stop looking around the earth and start looking to the sky. Adding infinite stars and planets gives humans a means of further expanding their minds and provides a means of entertainment. How many nerds on Veeky Forums grew up reading books on astrology and dreamed about being an astronaut? Perhaps one day we will actually leave this world and travel to distant worlds. The voyage would simply be a means of expanding our knowledge and give us something to do to keep ourselves busy. There are infinite stars for one reason, so that we never get bored. If we discovered everything there is to discover, what would be the point of living?

While not sure about other "craps" per say,

But if you are inclined to take both theological and scientific explanation then an understanding can be reached.

Earth exist in Goldilocks zone - pretty much given. Let's assume that God wanted this very specific iteration of humans who are capable of living in nature which requires liquid H2O. However, being this near to Sun means Earth is exposed to steeper gravity well and thus more prone to vagrant rocks and debris - asteroid, meteors, comets etc.

Jupiter is a massive gravity well on its own and acts as a barrier, a protector and attract and destroys such threats. Had there been no Jupiter. Earth would either be like Mars or like Venus.

Jupiter and Saturn engage in a resonance dance every couple of millennia and this causes very heavy gravitational disturbance - in past, it is believed to have cleared the rocks and debris from inner systems.

>tfw Venus was imagined as a lush utopia full of ripe lands for colonization in the 1920s
>is actually a hell planet

not fair

out of this entire thread that's what upsets you?

Perhaps, but this seems like a loose justification. This is the creator of everything we're talking about. God could have done literally innumerable, more practical solutions to these existential threats, including not creating them in the first place. Therein lies the problem with an omnipotent god.

God created other planets because he knows that eventually humans will develop technology to colonize them.

Yes, you are correct. I wasn't giving justification for the problem of omnipotency but rather taking the constraint already present in the observable system and trying to mould theology around it.

I like to think it like this - man can create machines, say a simple mechanical water pump. He would go by making it under the constraints of the Physical law.

God may be omnipotent but he too has to work within the constraints of the Physics he created.

Conversely, he is not omnipotent but a demiurge and thus bound within the constraints of Physics and breaking that Physics will unravel the whole universe.

Reality never is mon ami

So is God causation or the law of causation?

What kind of "God" has limits?

Why should you worship anything that can't do everything

The Demiurge is a Gnostic concept that's not associated with the concept of God found in monotheistic religions, don't conflate them

You are asking me theology. That is beyond my area of study.

See above. I'm not a theological scholar.
Historically, monotheism evolved through Polytheism and Gnosticism existed before the modern form so it was a generalized answer based on conjectures, not an absolute theological belief.

>& Humanities

The idea of God as the guy who creates the world in 7 days, sets out the rules and constraints of the universe is the dumbest idea humanity ever envisioned. In retrospect of course having gone beyond geocentrism, we can safely say that the universe or the laws of quantum physics is not the product of intelligent design, and if any God does indeed exist he not any "intelligence" humanity is able to anthropomorphosise.

Not even ancient people believed this shit, at least not pagans. Of course one can blame the Jews for first speculating the idea of intelligent design. But this is wrong, and most Christians forget that the God of the Old Testament is not a benevolent God and acts with the same caprice and meanness as nature.

What?
God and creation both act as causes. That's explicitly what concurrently is.

"Concurrentism", I mean.

Is for I need to head to bed.

>The idea of God as the guy who creates the world in 7 days, sets out the rules and constraints of the universe is the dumbest idea humanity...

It is the dumbest idea of Jewish Scholars. The source that they were plagiarizing wasn't that dumb.
The Babylonian festival of "creation recital" lasted 7 days and was read from seven tablets (the materials therein were 7 tablets worthy) and were based on older Mesopotamian cultures who counted seven stages (note: not days) of creation.
Blame the Jewish Bible to distill it into something they thought was ingenious and wise - 7 days of creation. They must have thought that by deleting Pagan accessories they would have a fine creation myth. It must have have been for the illiterates of that age but we can see now how hole-filled it is.

OMG YOU BITCH GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE I HAVE REAL CUSTOMERS TO WORK WITH BEFORE THE FAIRY MAFIA REPOS MY GODDAMN HOUSE SEND YOUR FUCKING DAD OR GRAMPS THERE'S A RUN ON BACK SCRATCHERS TODAY!

(sorry, that game traumatized me.)

You are a moron who lacks faith. If you do not believe the world was created in seven days, you must have voted for Trump.

Seemed fine for everyone before Aquinas and Anselm came along and decided to start taking titles literally.

Nearly all the other gods have some limit to their power, at the very least being thwarted or having difficulty overcoming other gods. One does wonder why Yahweh needs Moses to extract "his people" from the pharaoh's kingdom, is willing to give him just enough magic to cause Moses snek staff to eat the pharaoh's snek staff, and reap general havoc throughout the populous, and part a river, but not so much magic as just to teleport them all the fuck out of there.

This whole gods have to be omnipotent to be gods thing is just moving goal posts. Odin's supposed to be "all knowing" - but still has to rip an eye out and hang himself for days to answer a single fucking question.

Think about this, if God technically is real, then the polytheistic cultures understood their god king, in the Greeks case Zeus, to be the greatest God. In fact, in a way, Zeus was real, he was simply the God of Israelites as well. He just hadn't performed those miracles yet.

To be honest, it's simple to see, there are many instances of God blessing people that aren't written down in The Holy Bible.

How very Christian of you.

Fact: I don't live in the US. Not every English knowing person here is American, that would be very egotistical and illiterate assumption. I AM a Christian but I don't stoop to personal attacks and I don't disrespect Science just because it clashes with some theological history. Also, I don't go around telling other people that they have blind faith if they can't divide theology and archaeology.

Also Trump? What is the logic here? Isn't me not having faith should make me Anti-Trump?

If you want to troll, at least make it believable?

>Isn't me not having faith should make me Anti-Trump?
No, idiot.

Not having faith is the most idiotic thing you could possibly do. Like voting for Trump.

Just quoting the bible is not evidence you stupid nigger

The thing about evolution is that it's inherently unprovable. It's a theory, and The Holy Bible and Koran say we were created.

The thing about a spherical Earth is that it's testable. None of those passages from The Holy Bible allude to a flat earth. That was doctrine supported by the medieval scientific community.

Well Odin also had to steal and drink a potion and he hung himself to get the ability to be all knoiwing. His ravens helped.

>also for the jew lovers in this thread
>No primary sources of Jesus actions
>No documented miracles
>No jew God

But keep being cucks you faggots

Hah. I can hear the dying groans of logic and intellect across the seven seas.

I said I am Christian. I said I have faith. And somehow I am the idiot? Wew!

Please. Do some more. It's very entertaining.

The Masks of God thing is all well and good, but I fail to see what that has to do with this invention that a god must be absolutely all powerful and all knowing (let alone infinitely benign) to be a god, despite fact that most of the gods through history haven't been.

If that was the case I don't think Zuul would have bothered asking the question.

>I said I am Christian. I said I have faith
Two things.

One. You are doubting that the Earth(s)/Heaven(s) were created by the Lord.

Two. You are a Christian. This is a splitting up of God into threes. Please go straight towards the light and read the Koran, brother.

Simple: the polytheistic gods were made up.

The Abrahamic god is not. Feasibly, though, because I believe God has come down in ways that are not explicitly written, The Tao Te Ch'ing may speak of the same God.

Oh, so evidence of whether a god is made up or not is dependant on whether his power level is said to be over 9000? Okay, good to know.

Seems at least a creator god that isn't all knowing, all powerful, and all good, isn't self contradictory. Put a cap on any of the three and you've not deus ex'd yourself into a corner.

One: Doubting scriptures make me more faithful than any blind thumper out there. Scriptures were handwritten by humans and thus prone to human fallacy. Believing it is infallible is the utter arrogance and hubris before God. But I can see that this logic will cross over your head.

Two: I also don't believe in the trinity. And I refuse to read a more idiotic plagiarization of an already plagiarized fallible doctrine.

Three: Following Christ bound to a Church and a Book is the most stupidest doctrine that ever was. I deny both of it.

Try harder.

>Simple: the polytheistic gods were made up.
Maybe it's just me, but this universe does rather look like it was designed by congressional committee that wasn't able to agree on a whole lotta points.

>Doubting scriptures make me more faithful than any blind thumper out there
Actually this statement alone makes you retarded.

That stuff is in the Bible for a reason. Believing in a 'figurative description' sends you straight to hell.

It looks like a warzone between good and evil.

God and Satan. That's all.

>sends you straight to hell

There it is ladies and gentlemen, the loving child of a loving God. I rest my case.

Maybe among single minded humans (from outside even that just looks like competing interests to me for the most part), but look at the rest of the damned planet and universe. There's no good and evil in that - just crazy shit happening.

Though every now and again...
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487816801468.webm

>good and evil
yup the side you're on is good and the other side is evil. the other side definitely thinks they're the evil ones.

Oh boy here come the double digit IQ flat earthers and evolution deniers to ruin everything. I can't wait till you guys are successfully bred out of the general public. Given that most of you are autistic dipshits, that should happen within a generation or two.

Who said God crated all that? Maybe He said "let there be a solar system on which a planet will harbor life" or maybe like "let there be a place for life"

I enjoy astrology, so I'd go with if there is a god, and he wanted humanity not to be immediately wiped out by an asteroid, then Jupiter and saturn make very good asteroid catchers, I think there's a documentary on it. Mars could exist as a potential backup planet, albeit not as good as earth for humans, Uranus could've been put there to stop Neptune, although then you have to ask why god made Neptune in the first place. Pluto and mars might have just been tiny rocks he forgot, since Pluto has literally less surface area then Russia. And I have no clue as to why god would make Venus in my hypothetical rambling, but whatever.

Please tell me the numerous practical experiences you've had in the most efficient way to manage galaxies

have you seen saturn? that shit's awesome.

>This pic
wew, I actually believed flat-earthers might have decent arguments until now

>You believe the train you're riding on is going at 100 MPH but you can't feel it
>You believe the plane you're on is going at 500 MPH but you can't feel it

Can't measure the curvature or the gravity?
You can measure both

>you believe the logical explanation for stuff

>What is gravity

>You have no real reason to believe they aren't

>What are stars, comets, planets, galaxies, seasons, day and night etc.

>No "mysterious ways" memes please.

This needs to stop. Anyone who rails against the unknown aspects of what Christians refer to as God as just a meme has clearly never read any intro book regarding Christian theology. If you're actually interested, I recommend Kallistos Ware. If memeing, kys.

t. atheist

can i get sauce on this gif its pretty freaking awesome

Why not just create a perfect universe of uniformly distributed hydrogen all at the same temperature.

a perfect universe would be dead

Because the hydrogen would eventually stick together through van der waals forces and cause large clumps to form that would become stars.

>>god created jupiter
>no, physics and chemistry created jupiter in the universe that god created
lol u guyz still dont say math, information, computer, teh great programmer yet

BECAUSE HE FUCKING CAN

But god doesn't exist

*in my mind

man fucking epic gave me a chuckle :)

That sun doesn't work

>why did X happen? don't say Y

in nature*

>science can't prove God's existence so that means God doesn't exist

That's like saying that because you can't watch bacteria with a ruler that means bacteria don't exist