Is Ethereum retarded or am I not understanding it correctly?

At first I was amazed by the concept but the more I think about it, I'm less convinced that there's any need for it. What advantage does ETH have in terms of using apps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSOk8M83IcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM
etherscan.io/stat/supply
washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2017/06/14/why-people-are-going-crazy-over-bitcoin-and-other-digital-currencies/?utm_term=.a6e0feeb0ff5
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_exp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is USD retarded or am I not understanding it correctly?

At first I was amazed by the concept, but hte more I think about it, I'm less convinced that there's any need for it.

What advantage does USD have besides being stripped from citizens to fund unnecessary wars and failing social programs?

Citizens of the world have the first opportunity ever to rebel against their own governments in a completely financial, nonviolent way that will utterly cripple old power structures.

Buying crypto is an easy way to do this, Morty.

youtube.com/watch?v=rSOk8M83IcQ

>What advantage does ETH have in terms of using apps?

what advantage do apps have in terms of using windows?

Wake the fuck up, dude?
What advantage do ANY of these fucking coins have?
They're all fucking worthless LMAO.
It's only a matter of time until this whole thing ends.

Crypto > Fiat

This isn't stocks schlomo sapien

Guys I'm just looking for an explanation here. I feel like there's something I'm not quite getting.

it's retarded

all the amazing tech it promises is already here. it's called a database and the internet.

using a blockchain as a db only makes sense if it needs to be censorship resistant. this property of blockchains comes at a cost. eth's blockchain is already like 180gb and no one even uses it for anything but selling more coins. it's a scam within a scam.

then consider they premined 77% of all the token in existence and it becomes clear. this is just a new twist on a classic ponzi scheme. smartfags are already in fiat and just waiting for the fireworks.

>What advantage does ETH have in terms of using apps?
Not sure but it has less of an advantage than the probability of XRP changing global finance.

Is there a link someone can post that will give me a basic rundown without bias in either direction?

>Putin bows to Vitalik
>Controls ethereum with an iron but fair fist
>Vitalik said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth not seen since Christopher Langan
>Can solve NP-complete problems in polynomial time
>Can bend space and time to solve the halting problem
>Learned fluent c++ in under a week
>Personally hardforked reality resulting in Berenstain Bears anomaly
>Premined 85% of ethereum in existence
>Can sell unlicensced securities with immunity

really though, watch this entire podcast
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM

Destroy fiat and central banking

Usher in future of high standard of living and worldwide post-capitalism

Thanks, user.
How though?

>premined 77 percent

source and i will not put a penny into eth

>Personally hardforked reality resulting in Berenstain Bears anomaly
Alright this got me.

what is "retarded" about building a bleeding edge mission critical cross platform robust scalable architecture?

>personally hardforked reality
Thanks for the trump win, vitalik

Does anyone actually know what this shit is supposed to do?

etherscan.io/stat/supply

See genesis block (first ever mined block, also part of their ICO)

Current supply is 92m. Genesis was 72m, 60m went to ICO, 12m went to Vitalik's bank account aka "other".

Dubs + Ordered one after another. Nice!

Kek

Who cares? Why does this even surprise you?

Triple dubs, sequential posts and the last two are 1 off. Fuck me I should be rolling today.

dem dubs

Ayy

You know what would be great dubs'd? Ether.

Double digit crash pls.

this fucking thread

Dapps are basically all vaporware

Ok I'm done. Sorry.

I get that none of them are really functioning right now but let's say we're a year or two from now and everything worked out alright, what exactly will ethereum be doing? How will it be used?

almighty kek has blessed this thread.
TRIPS SAYS ETH GOES TO 700

still a nigger tho

Least I'm not a failed waves token coin.

washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2017/06/14/why-people-are-going-crazy-over-bitcoin-and-other-digital-currencies/?utm_term=.a6e0feeb0ff5

What is ethereum?

Toronto native Vitalik Buterin developed a younger cryptocurrency called ether in 2013, but most people refer to the digital currency as ethereum, the name for the blockchain it trades on. Ethereum sets itself apart for its ability to incorporate “smart contracts,” or computer-based contracts that only pay parties after certain conditions have been met and verified. (Imagine if you could set up an algorithm that automatically pays your dog walker only after you have evidence that your dog has been walked the agreed-upon distance, Hileman says.)

Investors are excited by the potential for these smart contracts, which could make it easier for start-ups to raise money and for businesses to complete international transactions, says Eric Piscini, a principal at Deloitte Consulting who focuses on cryptocurrencies. One common use for the smart contracts is for companies to raise money through what’s known as an initial coin offering, which give investors a chance to buy a new kind of digital token. (More on that later.)

if dubs I sell all my eth

I haven't really seen any mind boggling dapps that wouldn't be better on a centralized server. Really feels like a solution seeking a problem atm.

do it and post screenshots you fucking faggot

Thanks, friend.

do not defile the dubs or forever remain a faggot

LMAO

That's kind of where my head has been at with it but I want to try to understand it more before I make up my mind.

Post proof.

You will never profit again unless you fulfill this.

proofs

ETH is cool because well written programs (contracts) are a lot more trustworthy than humans. It guarantees that these contracts will be honored and there will be no 3rd party interference.

Thank god I'm canadian eh?

Ethereum is what you would call "A man with a hammer sees everything as nails." People irrationally think Ethereum can be used for everything from saving world hunger and making gold out of lead.

great job user, you single handlely are causing an eth crash

DAY OF THE RAKE WHEN

What would a practical real world example be? I'm kind of looking for something like how your parents might use it.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

700 ETH confirmed. Scienceguy ain't got shit on us.

real talk. cryptos could destabilize the largest banks and entire governments. people don't need banks or governments when they have a decentralized blockchain. this could mean one of two things. 1) banks and governments adopt and incorporate cryptos into legacy currencies and economies/systems, or 2) banks and governments outlaw cryptos and slap it under terrorist financing/patriot act. it's open source and it makes people their own bank. plus with ETH and smart contracts, it's potentially web 3.0 (see pic related). it's fucking dangerous to governments and banks. they are going to have to complete with a virtually FREE network that can transfer monetary value across international borders. flip a coin if you can't decide.

source: analyst/developer at one of the world's largest banks.

Let it be known to everyone who has not taken the leafpill: Canadians are the worst posters on this board and need to be RAKED

8's are signs of great fortune in china

three in a row....and the poster is fudding

great fortune comes to those who short eth

b-but user, I thought we were never cashing out

Thanks, user. I understand that much but I'm just trying to see the daily use of something like ETH and I'm feeling short sighted on it.

You aren't wrong. Only thing is open source also means easily copied. The fluctuating price doesn't help either. You can't just copy paste gold and turn it into silver.

All it's going to take is one """"""act of terrorism"""""" to be funded by crypto and they will clamp down. Screencast this and expect the false flag.

Tell that to . He is weaseling out of the dubs pact he made to us all.

Terror cell ICO would do it

I understand that. truth is it's a risk. the factor that makes me learn towards ETH atm is the turmoil with the scaling debate that bitcoin is currently going through at the moment. my day job is around reducing risk to the institution, and bitcoin is high risk until august 1st shakes out. ETH is the only coin that can adsorb the fallout if that risk ignites. HOWEVER, if the miners and blockstream manage to reach a consensus, BTC could pump to insane heights. if you follow the debate though, you'll see that outcome would be a miracle on the best day. if you can't decide, might be best just to cash out to fiat.

here have some more dubs

Thanks. I appreciate the insight people have shared in this thread. It's been pretty informative on both sides of the debate. Plus all those dubs.

Dubs if crypto turns illegal.

Isn't Vitalik worried ether is gonna pop? Someone link tweet.

When will ISIS hit the exchanges, boys?

MORE FACTS:
HAVE NO DIFFIRENCE BETWEEN Ethereum AND Expanse COIN
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_exp
EXCLUDE NAME AND PRICE

I think it can go beyond $1488.