Who is the "final boss" of philosophy?

Who is the "final boss" of philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKczW14EO_w&t=8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seems like Foucault at the moment

>posting an early game boss that comes back as a late game regular enemy

Post-structuralism is just a shitty DLC.

>implying foucault is post structuralist

Objectively God/death

>spook spook/spook

Buddha

Don't mistake the finger pointing at the moon for the moon itself

Do ya fear death?

Nah. I posted the final boss that the programmers created and made him god-mode and unbeatable

There is no birth and no death

Where in the game would Plato be?

Yourself.

Early-mid game.

Somewhere around the same time as Quelaag in Dark Souls.

i fear pain, death about as much as sleep

Don't lie.

Death is pretty scary. It's pretty unnerving to think that everything you're hoping to do won't get done, unless you've already done everything you wanted to or weren't planning on anything to begin with you must be at least a little scared.

He'd be an NPC trader that sells you Socrates

It's Sam Harris
>tfw final boss is gimick boss

Tutorial level.

Sam Harris belongs on steam greenlight

He's not a philosopher, he's a historian gone rogue.
The only real answer is Kant.

Diogenes

Derrida

>done everything you wanted to

There's nothing worth doing. I'm a worthless oxygen consumer that will never in any meaningful way influence or help humanity, I exist for no purpose and I'm unable to find any.

All I ever wanted to do in life is travel around Europe and visit cities and interact with people, but the entire world is a horrible awful place and now there's a 99% chance that in the next 10 or so years Europe will explode into a big fucking war again and I'm going to die fighting for something I don't belie in because the rest of humanity are cunts.

I welcome death. I welcome the sweet release from this hellhole of a world.

Oneself :^)

Plato is an eternal foe.

Plato is the tutorial level guy who is actually the newgame+ real boss.

You sound depressed lol

philosophy is a spook

this

Figuring out how to handle eternity, because true death is impossible.

This guy here destroyed Nietschze.

Too bad he didn't destroy your Æutism

Wittgenstein

stirner. spooks are impossible to kill

It's some scholastic asshole, holy hell those guys are unreadable.

underrated

look at how he owned this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=GKczW14EO_w&t=8s

deep

Zizek

Foucault doesn't really into philosophy, just analysis of structures and systems of power and behavior.

For philosophy I feel like Nietzsche would be pretty far toward the end if only because of how many people misunderstand and misinterpret his work. He has legitimately bamboozled millions of otherwise intelligent people.

>in after fanboys post their favorite youtube nu-philosophers

There's 0% chance that Europe will explode into a war. Even the chances of a Russian intrusion in the Baltics are quite slim.

Realizing how stupid philosophy actually is.

>EU falls apart because of niggers
>thousands of people lose jobs and the economy of big countries goes belly up
>blame niggers
>niggers keep coming in still even with EU gone
>countries grow more butthurt and blame each other for all their shit
>NATO falls apart because of God Emperor Orange
>hello naughty children it's Putin time

Not the depressed user but there is a pretty decent chance of a Europe war. It won't be against the niggers like /pol/ wishes tho.

audible kek

This

Yeah no that will not happen.

Dubs and it will tho

Wittgenstein

>All I ever wanted to do in life is travel around Europe and visit cities and interact with people, but the entire world is a horrible awful place
Then help make the world better.

Plotinus.

boom

delete that smug nigger and we're talking

hey there /pol/

Good one!

Pic rel
>Your Tutorial teacher

No it's not.

it is. it's just some random ideas that someone thought were worth writing down and some hacks decided that "he was right about everything".

> it's just some random ideas that someone thought were worth writing down
Not like every other academic field?

Same user.
A lot of the things we take for granted were once groundbreaking during their time.
When you read Philosophy you really have to understand the Context. This said i am 1000% with what you said about the hacks and their generalizations.
What do you mean random ideas?

Synthesizing from seemingly random ideas is a God-tier ability.

there's a reason it's called the theory of relativity and not the irrevocable truth of relativity

i mean that they were just people like you and me and they had some idea they though was the shit so they expanded upon it and wrote it down. that doesn't make it any more plausible than if i'd write here and now that i have a new philosophical theory. nietzsches thoughts are not more true than yours and mine. there is no evidence that any conclusion any philosopher (or scientist for that reason) ever had is actually grounded in truth.

Arrived late at the discussion, but I guess op is implying Hegel. Hegel is not more complex a philosopher than the average. It's just that his writing style is extreme difficult to read, and he comes up with new meanings for words, which can get extremely annoying. Also complexity is not a quality, it's a liability. Philosophy should be about clearing things up, not murking the waters.

The final boss of philosophy... I've have to give it to Nietzsche for effectively ending philosophy. After Nietzsche it just became impossible. He gave the game away. He is like mister M showing to the public all the magic tricks magicians used to make.

but nietzsche is often very vague too. why is that there's no philosopher with his calibre that is/was able to actually word his ideas in a crisp clear way that isn't cluttered by unnecessary brabbling?
wasn't it einstein who said "if you can't explain it simple, you don't understand it well enough"?

He's the secret boss after you beat the final boss AKA Ruby Weapon from FF7

Nietzsche isn't vague at all. He's bang on the nose.

He's just also extremely concise, which means that what he's actually saying is under multiple layers of allegory and metaphor. For the precise purpose of cutting out the unnecessary babbling.

>einstein sed it so iz rite
kke
Ruby Weapon can be defeated easily several different ways.

Who comprises the FOXHOUND of philosophy? What are their code names?

Are you talking about Heiddeger or about the game

Who's the Big Boss of philosophy?

The game. It's a bad analogy because Ruby Weapon is only hard if you're like 7 and go in aimless.

Karl Marx

Does that make Lenin the Solid Snake of philosophy?

Who's the Ornstein and Smough of philosophy?

i didn't say it was true just because einstein said it. as with everything, it's just, like, his opinion - man

i happen to agree with him so i use it. me agreeing with him doesn't further cement it as the truth. just that we have similar ideas about the topic at hand. which is perfectly fine

it's been a while since i've actually read nietzsche. just went back to read a few passages and you're right. he's pretty straight to the point. the only thing i'd criticize is that he feels obliged to explain every tiny aspect of his arguments. sure, that's probably the idea behind his books, but it leaves no room for individual interpretation and also makes his sentences and passages blow up into giant constructs.

>he hasn't taken the meido pill yet

It's not a bad analogy because it wasn't intended as a comparison of difficulty, only that Heiddeger is a thinker from a completely different school of thought that requires you to rethink your previous strategy. You could pretty much brute force any main story boss, but you can't jump in unprepared against Ruby Weapon, because he requires a paradigm change in your tactics, same goes for Heiddeger

>you can't brute force ruby weapon
you literally can with KotR or learning to manipulate Cait Sith.

you think 95% of players did that ? No, they ran in head first and got trashed in 2 minutes.

>people dont do this so it can't be done brutally

They express an opinion. It is important to do this. Everything is important. It just that pure dogma_fags ruinit for everyone.

Yup

>Nietzsche
>effectively ending philosophy

lol no

Veeky Forums - Philosophy and bad Videogame analogies

That is a amazing answer. Hegel would be the Boss, i guess.

Were Heidegger and Wittgenstein genuinely groundbreaking philosophers?

This guy is right, you know. Hume is unbeatable because his philosophy is brutally honest - not in the edgy existentialist way, but in the "let speak not about my personal feelings and childhood complexes, but about what reality really is" way.

And Hegel, Heidegger, Derrida and similar incomprehensible shit are not even bosses, they are these "kill 10000 mobs" side quests - tedious, but ultimately pointless.

Yes, and Mao is Liquid Snake

Descartes and princess elizabeth of bohemia

>everyone failed to carry on the will of the boss

Veeky Forums

Checked, where is this from?