Staking General

>Bean farm'an
>Pivx Stake'an
>RDD hoard'an

pic related it's my beanfarm
>6 x Asrock 970's $130 each :
>6 x AMD 8-core Black edition $180 each (2013 edition they cheap) (gonna underclock these badboys too lol xD)
>3 x G-Skill 8x2, 16gb ram $200 each (1gb for each core, 1 stick for each board)
>6 x oem 350w psu $40 each
>48 cores so i can stake 48 different PoS coins at the same time
Total Cost
$780 in motherboards
$1080 in cpu's
$600 in ram
$240 psu's
>= $2700 total
>will never be obsolete can PoS 48 different coins until they release a 48 core cpu that can be put into a machine for less than $2700 and uses less power than 6 350w psu's running 6 underclocked as fuck cpu's
oh god guys shit is going to be so fucking comfy

Other urls found in this thread:

instructables.com/id/Ikea-Helmer-Renderfarm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh yea forgot to add that's in australian dollars

Are you retarded

Do you know how threading and CPU process scheduling works? It doesn't matter how many individual fucking CPUs you have. Am I missing something? I'm not into beaners

I love you fucking beaners

I see that little bean hiding back there. What's he doing back there? :)

wait so are you saying i can stake way more than 48 different staking wallets on my old Blender render farm i had lying around for 4 years and i want to re-purpose?
i was told for some staking wallets it was best to have an entire core handy and solid 1gb of available ram for each wallet

depends on the which coin(wallet) some are very memory intensive and others, once synced, use up little memory when in stake mode. I have an AMD FX-8350 8 core and 16GB ram on my staking machine running 6 wallets. Only a pain starting them up (SSD helped alot compared to using HDD), but once going its all good.

you spent way too much money, user.

i shitty raspberry pi can run run multiple wallets for staking and masternodes and they're only 20 bucks each.

>mining with cpus
>mining with cpus rated for 125w each
>six fucking motherboards when you could have bought one motherboard and some raisers and six GPUs that would make 5x more
>FUCKING $600 OF RAM
>CHINK EXPLOSION-TIER PSUs

Holy FUCK

he's staking PoS coins, you mong.

umadbro?

But bitbean can't be mined anymore? So if no new beans are added to the market but demands still go up... Then it's to the moon?

Raspberryou pi wallet for bitbean where?

lmfao your electricity bill is going to be more than any .0000shit you mine ur so fucking stupid i hope your house catches fire and you die for being such a stupid fagget

he's right, you're retarded.

it's staking silly, i'm not mining

already had them from blender render farm, bought all this in 2013-2014

yea i plan to stake every staking coin there is, even shitcoins in the hope that one day they moon
some coins only have windows staking wallets some have linux staking wallets i'm sure there will be some out there with only linux staking wallets
so it's good to have more than one machine so i can have some windows machines and some linux machines

i'm just going to stake everything i can, if i end up with more than 48 wallets i'm good

i'm not running one of pic related it's literally at most 6 x 125w cpu's but mostly likely will end up being
1 for windows wallets
1 for linux wallets
put as many wallets on each as i can
if i need more due to cpu can't handle it or ran out of memory i will use the spare boards
there is about 100 PoS coins out there right now
i thought i could only fit 48 wallets on these but going by what this guy says i true then I might be able to stake them all

any recommended reading? can get a few FX8350 quite cheap

instructables.com/id/Ikea-Helmer-Renderfarm/
i originally bought to build this, only ever got to setup 2 left the rest in the box (i was a spoiled kid in the early 10's)

as far as setting up wallets
check out bitbean.org and the bitbean wallet to see how staking works
as far as setting it up i think you just need to set up each one as separate computer with either windows or linux, install the wallets you want to run, put a decent amount of the coin in their wallets and hit run

thanks.

as some other user here said, wouldnt it be quite cheaper to just buy some raspberry pi"s for staking instead ?

Considered Burst mining? Aside from using low-demand HDDs, you get the added benefit of having tons of storage should you ever decide to stop mining.

possibly, i heard some people couldn't get some types of wallets to work on their raspberry pi's though
i don't know how many wallets a raspberry pi can have going at the same time
posw had 40 wallets
there is at least 100 pos coints out there
i want to stake them all
so i'll stake the main valuable stuff like Eth, bitb, pivx, rdd, posw
and whenever a cheap new promising PoS coin gets released i'll pick it up and throw it on a rig and start staking on a machine that is already staking plenty of coins
assuming a raspberry pi can only run 1 wallet then i'd need 40 raspberry pi's to match posw, 100 raspberry pi's to meet my goal of 100 coins staking
assuming raspberry pi can run 4 different wallets before it's cpu or ram gets overused that's 10 raspberry pi's i'll have to store and have running to match posw, 25 raspberry pi's to meet goal of 100 coins staking

yea i might actually do that, if i don't need all the nodes to stake all the coins i want i can use the left overs to burst mine

What HDD offers the best Gb/$ for making a burstfarm. Is there any good source of used HDD?

OP, return all that garbage hardware and either buy something lower end for 1/6th the price or higher end for 20% more. What you purchased made no sense. Is this bait? I'm just trying to help you out...

Im gonna stake every stake coin there is whether its alt or shit
>returnung shit i bought in 2013-2014
its too late just gonna do it if it works it works if not ill sell it

staking doesn't require any processing power or any of that shit, you can stake most coins using a rasp pi even, you are wasting electricity and potential capital

staking means literally letting the coins sit on the ledger usually using your wallet, you click a few buttons, boom staked

>no processing power
is that true for Ethereum if it goes proof of stake?

hmmm ok i'm gonna sell 4 of them because they are useless for rendering, keep 2 for reasons and buy a few raspberry pi and load them up with staking wallets

thanks for setting me straight user i was excited the hardware i was sitting on for years could get some use but guess i can just sell it

Is staking more profitable than mining? Or at least, is it not too much unprofitable?

costs far less in electricity
you keep your investment
in mining you invest massive amounts of money for the hardware and the electricity to run the hardware
with staking you invest that money by buying the coins
it's like getting interest on keeping money in the bank essentially

>RDD staked
>Bean staked
>1337 staked

I/O worth it?

I read that certain POS coins like Blackcoin only give you 1% a YEAR.. Chump change, basically. What's the point in staking such coins?

>not low key stacking on POSW

If you continue using those Jew PSUs, your shit will blow up. Buy high quality Corsair or EVGA, even second hand high quality shit is better than those ticking time bombs.
screen cap this.