Free slaves from a populace which not even reached early antiquity level of culture, technology, administration etc

>free slaves from a populace which not even reached early antiquity level of culture, technology, administration etc.
>try to assimilate them to an early modern society
>it's not working, you only achieve poverty, ghettos and probably the most serious alienation in written history
>the two population actively hate each other undermining the nation's unity
>we shold celebrate this an civilizational achievement

I'm a humanist I think slavery is one of the most inhuman thing that human civilization created. But why would anyone think that so different cultures could live in under the same laws, governement, education and so on?

I could see that working in a strong, centralized empire which has a strict state religion and state enforced common culture but how is that supposed to work in a pluralist republic?

>inb4 /pol/ plebs and stormweenies

I think they should probably given some kind of reparations. Not even a libcuck either. Fair is fair.

WE

>lets just pretend segregation never happened

>reparations
for what? slavery of blacks was generations ago, not this generation. You go back enough generations of most poeple/cultures and you'll eventually be a descendant of someone enslaved as it was in vogue.

They were supposed to get reparations but got nothing and instead got fucked for many many years.

Other immigrant populations were not segregated. They were segregated because of the reasons I mentioned in the OP.

I think user meant that they should've be compensated back then.

>>try to assimilate them to an early modern society
m8

>Strict state religion
Dumb meme
>State enforced common culture
Even dumber meme
Go back to /pol/

Yes it diminishes over time. But if your grandfather was an oil tycoon, chances are you're inheriting something. It's only been some 50 years since the civil rights movement. It's recent enough that it has meaningful and still relevant effects. It's not like something that happened 2000 years ago, like Jews killing your lord and savior which some Christians are still butthurt about.

>>free slaves from a populace which not even reached early antiquity level of culture, technology, administration etc.
>>try to assimilate them to an early modern society

Total bullshit.

I didn't say it's the good way to go. What I mean is that is only way to assimilate large populations with very different background. Are a retard or something?

not him but I would argue that blacks weren't really given a fair shake at assimilating

>what is Kantian universalism

I meant for

Neither Rome nor the Arabs enforced either and they were some of the most inhuman slavers of all time. And they operated on a massive global scale.

>not even reached early antiquity level of culture, technology, administration etc.
that's where you're wrong kiddo

I'd pay for their one way ticket back to Africa, to be honest family.

>I think they should probably given some kind of reparations. Not even a libcuck either
hmmm

Some guy talking shit with no data.. Probably. Just like the rest of them

that already exists it's called welfare

They couldn't even get welfare for an immensely longtime despite being U.S citizens.

What will they assimilate into their culture is a fucking spin off of Southern culture contrary to the plethora of idiots who say otherwise alongside the mass cultural exchange between Southern demographics.