"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth."

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth."

Should atheism be classified as a mental illness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_delusion
youtube.com/watch?v=oETivbBtlAE
ccel.org/bible/ylt/Genesis/1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
youtube.com/watch?v=LClaSilFlA8
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA
mechanical-translation.org/mt/translation1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes! As should being neurotypical!

People who can socially interact normally should be given the chair!

AUTISM POWER

No.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_delusion
Religion is just tolerated. Don't chew off the arm.

>wikipedia
Stopped reading.

It appears I have been defeated.

>"In the beginning, WHEN God BEGAN SEPARATING heaven and eath, Earth was void and shapeless."

Stop reading translated garbage, you pleb. The original account does not speak of creation. It is speaking about defining already existing materials.

Now go kys

Yes. You can't rationalize with irrational people.
Atheists hate God, they are in rebellion.

youtube.com/watch?v=oETivbBtlAE

>samefagging
>solely because you don't know how to interact with other people

Æutism in action, ladies and gentlemen. Truly a human drama unfolding before our very eyes

There's literally no evidence that the origional account was that.

Judaism always maintained a creation narrative of the universe. It was the retarded pagans that retardedly believed the universe was immortal.

If anything believing in a sky fairy called God should be classified as a mental illness.

Literal translation:
>1 In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --
>2 the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness [is] on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,
ccel.org/bible/ylt/Genesis/1.html

>בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ
>Bereshit bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'aretz

Be - at/in before
reish - the top/exact moment
it - Grammar marker 'of'

At [the] top of = In the beginning, [exact moment]when

bara = male marker verb implying the act of separating by defining; like defining a man from a woman. IT IS NOT A VERB FOR CREATION!

shamayim = heaven
eretz = Earth

The Hebrew scholars never cared if the universe existed or if it was created. They cared that according to them it was Yahweh who named it first.
Creation ex nihilo is European retardism that plagued Christianity. Hebrew history doesn't care simply.

yes. i think we should sterilize them and prevent them from breeding.

Is he.. Dare I say it... OUR GUY??

Protestants aren't Christian

Catholics aren't Christian.

>The Roman Catholic and Islamic Connection
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

>The Real History of the evil Roman Catholic Church
youtube.com/watch?v=LClaSilFlA8
Come out of her ...

>Detailed Documentary Exposing Catholic Church (8 hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

>The Real Bible Version Issue
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA

Nice bullshit, too bad heretic lies won't fool real believers.

*tips fedora*

>Bible is bullshit

Thanks for affirming Catholics aren't Christian.

See how when given logic and evidences, the flow of thread changes!

Exhibits Well done lads. Carry on.

As if nowadays catholics are any better.

This translation group claims that the verb was "fill" or "fatten".
Also the Hellenic influence didn't start with the Christians but with Alexander's conquests.

forgot link
mechanical-translation.org/mt/translation1.html

Pagans are indeed mentally ill, I agree.

>& Humanities

>youtube
Stopped reading.

>mechanical-translation.org/mt/translation1.html

Claiming =/= Actual Meaning.

The word Bara isn't one time deal. It occurs again when God is separating by defining light and darkness, land and sea, man and woman - all in Genesis. If one ran with claiming 100 meanings for every 1 word, it would indeed be a fascinating but actually unworkable place.

Theology insists in creation ex nihilo or "this is not the actual meaning but metaphor" argument. Sometimes, the words mean exactly what they mean.
Scholars agree that it simply means the act of separation and may have been influenced by the Enuma Elish (Bible conveniently skip over the older parts of Polytheism and pick up at the physical act of separation).

/rel/ when?

Not as a whole. The proselytizing ones are a virus of hypocrisy though. Best just to point out the inherent weakness of the enterprise and laugh as they sperg out

*prays to Santa Claus*

>The word Bara isn't one time deal. It occurs again when God is separating by defining light and darkness, land and sea, man and woman - all in Genesis.
yes, and none of those were created ex nihlo. God separates light and darkness, land and sea. he forms man from dirt and then forms woman from man's rib. all you've done is prove the point.

Nice video, even if someone doesn't believe in God, the messages the bible teaches and the cultural value that christianity has brought to Europe is not something that should be tossed aside.

Nah that's just shoddy scholarship from your pseudoscientist blogger. Every time the word is used it matches better with the idea of "shaping" or "forming" of which there are little synonymous terms than with "separating" of which there are many.

>the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters
isn't God supernatural, hence non-physical?
was he actually "on the face of the waters" at this point? if so, how far away from the waters was he, and how big was he? what did his spatially extended being consist of?
or was it not God but just his spirit? if so, same questions about it.

Physical separation of an apple into two =/= Me looking at oranges and apples in a FRUIT basket and separating the fruits into oranges and apple by calling it apple vs oranges, you pleb.

But then when has logic been welcomed amongst the faithful. Carry on. Bait some more. Today's quota of discussing with Biblically enlightened is finished after you and the one below.

Pseudoscientist blogger... LOL. I'm not the one who post the blog claiming Bible is exonerated and proven right with circumstantial evidence which are most often incomplete and painfully unscholarly. I believe in hard facts.
Give me a proper research paper that contests the idea that earlier meaning of the word "bara" had to be with "shaping" and "forming" instead of aitzov or say tviah. I will believe you.

The Yahwist sources often have God as anthropological, for example shaping clay into man and breathing life.

>7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

>8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

if God is physical how is he supernatural?

Not him, but God isn't exactly a being a regular human could even comprehend.
Also, it is actually a sin to imagine what God looks like.

Nope, looking around yourself and deducing you know the answer to Earth's creation is delusional.

The foundation upon which Darwinism is based is flawed.

>let me compare a Christmas tradition with the fundamentals of religion

Praying to Santa makes just as much sense though. Since it's all in your head.

If Jesus was physical how was he supernatural

He just was lmao

Because no religion stays static for thousands of years. Ancient Near East religions had many nautical motifs and themes, and you see traces of this in Genesis and Job (with the Leviathan).

because he could do supernatural things
so God is supernatural because he can do supernatural things, not because he is not physical?
are the supernatural things God can do also physical?
if yes, how are they supernatural? if not, how do they work?

you never read the book have you

>God is Omnipotent
>questions why he can't do or be everything at the same time
Alpha and Omega, retard.

holy shit
come back here when you have anything else other than baby tier atheism memes to parrot.

Have you even read Aquinas?

No, you leave and come back when you've stopped believing in fairy tales.

no you tucking retard. Stop spreading your delusional evolutionary psychology over this shit. It's dying in academia and it's dying here. Fuck off, as time goes on the PROOF will become more and more severe.

& Humanities
I seriously wait you're baiting, but quite honestly it's pretty common for redditfags like you to come here and shit up the place because they only value deductive reasoning

No, but Christianity should.

Delusions and fits of rage, you should be locked up.

>Darwin's theory of evolution is about the creation of the earth.

You fucking what user?

what answer does it give to my questions?
>questions why he can't do or be everything at the same time
when did i ask that?

You're asking questions answered by the Bible, i.e., the nature of God. Read it so that you can properly understand because any try to educate you just doesn't work

I don't think the Bible even mentions the notions of the physical or the supernatural, so how could it answer my questions about those things?

>what answer does it give to my questions?
The bible encompasses everything about the religion, it's like asking questions about a novel and then ridiculing those who tell you to read it, saying: ''how could this novel possibly answer my question?''

If something is not in the bible, and you're asking questions about it, you just want people to give you their headcanon on the issue.

>I don't think the Bible even mentions the notions of the physical or the supernatural, so how could it answer my questions about those things?

For fuck's sake, it does. Ecclesiastes is a book full of philosophy, and the nature of God is treated by both the Old and New Testament.

>For fuck's sake, it does. Ecclesiastes is a book full of philosophy, and the nature of God is treated by both the Old and New Testament.

Not him and I'm not even disagreeing with you, but that saying Ecclesiastes is "full of philosophy" doesn't remotely answer the post you were responding to.

I haven't read Ecclesiastes recently, what are the parts that clarify the difference between supernatural and physical.

Like I say I'm not even arguing with you, I'm interested in what parts you are referring to.

I added the part about the Ecclesiastes in case he would start asking about the philosophical nature of God. If you're going to just debate semantics and quote me entirely out of context then don't bother.

>If something is not in the bible, and you're asking questions about it, you just want people to give you their headcanon on the issue.
dumbest thing i've ever heard wtf

yet you dont have any answers to my questions?

>dumbest thing i've ever heard wtf
Are you actually slow in the head or deliberately playing retarded, because I can't believe this isn't bait at this point.

probably smarter than you
what you said was intensely retarded, literally anti-intellectual

No, but locally your case is: it's called "autism"

Isn't Atheism just another ideology? Same for Mental Illness.
For starters; individualistic definitions of God shape the entire concept and form narration.?

You're basically saying everything in the bible doesn't conclude everything you would want, or need to know about the religion, so no, you're the retard who wants to be spoonfed because he's too lazy to do his own research, truly a sad individual, you should hang yourself.
>I don't think the Bible even mentions the notions of the physical or the supernatural
So you want people to give their own interpretations on it. If it's not featured in the bible, it's headcanon, if it's featured in the bible, you should research it yourself, I know I'm repeating myself, but you're truly so dense that I can't help but take pity on you.

>smarter than you
>anti-intellectual
fuck off

dumbest views i've heard in a long time
like i said, literally anti-intellectual

Yes

Ælian is Catholic you fucking dunce

Why in God's name would you post a good documentary along pseudo-history

Everything is an ideology, since everyone has ideas.

There is actual evidence to that being true.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o

Kek, some of these studies are such obvious preconceived bullshit
>atheists REFUSED to read aloud the God statements
did they get their sample from the church choir?

The sources are in the description, if you have a problem.

I do, the study quoted is borderline comical. The whole video rests on a strawman argument that atheists claim religious people are mentally ill. Then most of the video is about how they're not mentally ill and that atheism is abnormal, despite it growing more and more in developed countries

Theists are fucking pitiful.

Blimey.

I'll take that response to a polite post as admission you had no point to start with.

I'm convinced you don't know what a strawman is, since the question that religious thoughts being a delusion is a sincere question from atheists including TAA. You also forgot about the scientific research backing the abnormality of atheism and the inabnormality of being a theist. If you have a problem with the arguments, you have a problem with the credited science supporting them. Take it it up with them.

Why are you posting it here then? Should I now post 30 studies that go against theism and we can avoid all discussion throwing studies at each other?

>Why are you posting it here then
>in the thread asking "Is atheism is a mental illness?

But your video doesn't have a single study saying atheism is a mental illness. So are you unable to read?

Because it's on topic with the thread? There wasn't any argument ITT to prove theism or atheism true in the first place, but you must have gotten triggered.
>and we can avoid all discussion
I didn't know mockig studies as a church choir without actual arguments was discussion. If you just want a insulting circlejerk, you can find that in literally every other corner of the internet.

No I get enough circlejerking in theist threads but thanks for the offer

>If you don't believe in an invisible supernatural omnipotent being you're mentally ill
Don't know OP, any angle I look at it, it sounds retarded

You're wrong. There was water before God. Also God created the heavens from splitting the waters which was at the end of the first day.