Why is the burning of the Library of Alexandria so depressing?

Why is the burning of the Library of Alexandria so depressing?

Because you will never read the Chaldean Oracles and the lost writtings of the Neoplatonists.

Feels bad man.

When you look at ISIS now, never forget that that was what Christianity looked like back then.

Because you're some pseudo ''historian'' who likes to fanwank over historical events and self-insert yourself into them.

>B-but all that knowledge I could be reading!

Implying you really give a shit. How well educated are you in this modern era? PhD? Professorship?

You haven't even scratched the surface of what we know now yet you whine about 'lost knowledge' as though it were so precious to you.

t. Christard jihadist.

Because you're a wisdom loving degenerate.

NEVER FORGET THAT LOW IQ INBRED SHITSKINS BURNED CTESIPHON, ALEXANDRIA, EDESSA, AND CONSTANTINOPLE

>When you look at ISIS now, never forget that that was what Christianity looked like back then.

It's you shitslim who burned it

Christians never had a problem with the philosophy unlike you caml piss drinkers

NEVER FORGET THAT LOW IQ INBRED SHITSKINS BURNED CTESIPHON, ALEXANDRIA, EDESSA

>mostly random trade records

boo hoo

Because you fancy yourself an "intellectual",

The burning is depressing because you think the person you want to be would find it depressing

There are things in those 'trade records' that could potentially bridge to other events in history.

Maybe

What we know could be radically different if we had access to said documents.

>tfw every second that passes some important historical evidence is closer to eternal destruction

>all this mad

Fuck you nigger. Have you even read Querolus?

>implying random trade records aren't how we piece together most of history unless it's specifically described in a chronicle

>Constantinople

and nothing of value was lost

Because it was burned down like 4 times

Julius Caesar, Aurelian, Theophilus, and Umar.

What brilliant incite these people had!
They collected and copied every manuscript they could get there hands on and stored it in the Great Library.For once scholars from thoughout the Greek world could come to a central location to acquire knowledge from elswhere. inventions and ideas not just from Greek thinkers but people from Mesopotamia, India, and as far away as China. What a marvel the Great library must have been. I can only dream of what it must have been like to have had the opprotunity to browse through such a collection of vast knowledge.

Unfortunatly the Library was burned to the ground.

What even was contained inside of the library?

Books, VHSs, homeless people, etc.

>projecting this hard that everyone is as anti-intellectual as him

Would we really have been more advanced if it hadn't been burned down? What kind of progress did we miss out on?

This.
It'd been built up and burned down a handful of times.

That makes it even sadder.

This, but this comment is going to hit a little too close to home, for 90% of Veeky Forums, so here come the fedoras.

>they hated Jesus, because he spoke the truth.

By the time the library had decayed to its greatest existent there was nothing inside it. Everything had been moved or copied. All we're missing is some plays and poetry. It's unfortunate sure but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I think anyone who gets "depressed" by the Library of Alexandria is just someone who has a casual interest in history trying to fit in.

Also it's still there. You can go see it if thinking about it depresses you.

Because people expect that Alexandria library had some kinda of explosive secret that could red pill or expose the real esoteric, occult truth about the universe. Come on people, they didn't know half what we known today, so I guess its somewhat irrelevant to shed tears about it.

I condem the burning of Alexandria library just as I would if my town library was also burned. Burning/destroying knowledge is always bad. That's it.

The ancient secrets and methods of pederasty, the origins of the mud eel, how Praxiteles tricked Aphrodite into standing still long enough for him to carve the statue, etc.

what a loss... ;ccccccc fuggin chrisdens ;ccccc

Because everything we record will eventually, given enough time, disappear.

Holy shit, learn to spell, dude.

It's fucking video game-tier history. This mad faggot is right , nobody gives a shit about the Library of Alexandria and if you actually feel like your personal life was affected by it you're an autistic tipper t b h. You have more information available to you right now than any other human in history. Fuck off with your muh secret books muh hidden lore go play warcraft you fucking babies

That's the worst non-argument I ever read, holy shit.

Is there anything in your life that not gets you triggered?

It was an accident, shit happens buddy.

because of all the rare texts and scrolls that were lost

can you imagine what we would know? no you cannot

It exposes the Romans for what they are, little people jealous of all others who came before them.

>Christians never had a problem with philosophy

Except that's plainly false. Julian the Apostate's works were specifically destroyed because Cyril of Alexandria feared people reading his arguments against Christianity.

Christians had no problems with philosophy as long as they played well with Christian beliefs.

Because having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card, but it is if you have no library.

>you can only be an intellectual if you pay a jew 100,000 new shekels to say you are so on a piece of paper

WHEW

Historical documents, you shithead. There is so much of ancient history that is a big blank for us, and if we had those documents historians could piece some of it together and make deductions as to the history of humanity. What board do you think you're on? Even mundane documents can provide huge insights.