Which philosophy or religion will make me truly happy?

Which philosophy or religion will make me truly happy?

Whichever is most popular at the moment where you live and which that leads to an active social life

depends a lot on you, anonymous.

For me I find stoicism most appealing.

Happiness is not drastically influenced by religion or philosophy. Your happiness levels probably influence what philosophy or religion you go for much more than the reverse.

Happyism.

Epicureanism.

if you're hetero-sexual evangelical Christianity probably will.

>be miserable and wish i was never born
>"No don't kill yourself user! Instead join my religion!"

Happiness is peace of mind.

Hedonism

Religion doesn't make you happy. It gives you rules to follow and models you aspire to become.

Seconded.

It actually makes you happy, but numbs your intellect.

i tried this it didn't work

however i keep thinking maybe I was just doing it wrong somehow...

*tips*

Christianism. There's always some rotten apple but overall the experience is pretty great when you get involved with your community and do charity work.

No. Just no.

Christianity isn't worth it unless you gonna try to take the Holy Land.

Existential Nihilism

No, been there done that. Didn't work.

Anything that's based on denial won't work. Better find another way, chap.

Marijuana.

>Anything that's based on denial won't work.

It's based on acceptance that your life is meaningless and ultimately pointless.

Whatever gets you to accept, perceive, and experience reality as it actually is

Define "meaning" and then "meaningless". Also, define "pointless" in relation to "meaning" and "meaningless"

Practicing Roman Catholicism with my door shut like Christ commanded (I don't go to church) made me the happiest I ever was.

Whatever tradition you'll end up taking up, it will be nothing more than just another conceptual framework.
You're swapping one abstraction out for the other.

What you need to do is tranquillize the fluctuations of the mind, then -through direct experience- you can act from stillness which gives cause to equanimity and a certain spontaneity that will ensure blameless adaptability to every situation possible.

Reviving Aztec religion and ripping out the hearts of sacrifices

Why? Are you unsure of the meanings of those words or are you just wanting to get into a ridiculous semantic argument?

>acceptance is denial!

Egoism

>claims Nihilism is the answer
>can't even give a basic framework

Demanding someone recite the dictionary to you is not an argument.

nobody is asking for the dictionary definitions. If you claim that Nihilism is the answer you must know why it's the answer. Give us your definition of meaning and pointless, considering they're the foundation of your "philosophy". Or do you just think that Nihilism sounds cool?

Absurdism - Albert Camus