Is psychoanalysis full of bullshit? I think it is(even though both my parents are psychologists of this school)...

Is psychoanalysis full of bullshit? I think it is(even though both my parents are psychologists of this school). It's literally pseudoscience

>everything is dicks, everything
>except the big black stick it keep sucking on, that's completely different

all social science is unfalsifiable bullshit.

>my parents are psychologists of this school

People still do that in 2017? I thought it was basically like being an alchemist today i.e. something you learn about for historical purposes maybe in a psychology course but not anything modern people practice.

a decade ago when I was a nineteen year old retard and ended up being thrown in a mental ward over a suicide attempt, I had a thirty-something year old psychologist assigned to me who I figured out pretty quick had a worse grasp of reality than I did(someone who just ate a bunch of pills in an attempt to die lmao). I talked her in circles, tricking her into contradicting herself, until she literally began insulting me, spouting fallacy, and even implied a threat to keep me detained. yes, pseudoscience is still prevalent in society.

The purpose was not be a science, it was to subvert goyim societies and normalize deviant non reproductive sexual behavior.

In my country everyone still practices psychoanalysis . We are also the country with most psychologists per capita in the world. That didn't help though

My gf studies psychology. How do I tell her it's pseudoscience without offending her?

you can't. women are incapable of reason if it contradicts their emotions.

I don't think behavioral psychology is pseudoscience though

not him but you cannot employ the scientific method to behavioral sciences. it's why biology is considered "softer" than chemistry or other hard science fields.

You are saying Darwin was full of shit? Absolutely disgusting

yes, he died not understanding sexual selection. though he laid the groundwork for understanding natural selection which became a science once genetics were investigated, during his time his work was nothing but an incomplete hypothesis.

your comparison is akin to implying that astrologists were full of shit because they figured out there was a difference between planets and stars.

>Hey, Veeky Forums, help me disprove the validity of my parents' profession.

It really sends electrical impulses throughout the grey matter.

I see you've been visiting Veeky Forums
Protip: it's just a meme

Psychoanalysis isn't psychology you faggots

Psychology is a fraud that is the requisite of the secular world.

I hate it. inb4 t. scientologist.

The whole point of social science is for it to be falsifiable. Look up "Falsification".

I don't know, but Freud was right on about girls having penis envy because I certainly do!!!

Jung is is fairly balnced, but Freud caan fuck off with rules that apply to everyone but him.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar," MY ASS, SIGGY.

You can have mine.

Psychology and the social sciences aren't pseudoscience. The whole idea of falsifiability as a means of demarcation comes from Popper, who is pretty universally rejected in his solution.

Consider, for example, Newtonian physics. This is almost universally considered an example of science, but it's horribly unfalsifiable. Whenever the model yielded incorrect predictions, astronomers just went "lol there must be another planet we can't see" until the early 1900's when Einstein expanded on the Newtonian conception of the universe and explained why there wasn't actually a planet between Mercury and the Sun. Even if you continue to insist on falsibiability because of its convenience, almost all social sciences are subject to very strict criterion in terms of what is allowed to be considered a theory. Psychology, especially, has incredibly rigorous methods when it comes to determining reliable theories, because psychologists understand that a lot of economics and sociology relies on their work. That said, I think it is fair to say that most of psychoanalysis, at least Freud's conception of it, is bullshit, precisely because it doesn't even make realistic predictions. It's falsifiable, and false.

>muh psy ants
Back to ribbit, frogposter

>hur hur Freud is bullshit
>doesn't realize that Freud and psychoanalysis have been disavowed for decades

He is you cuck.

Quality post

That is based af.

Maybe she was right and you were using fallacies.

>biology is softer than chemistry
Its like saying physics is softer than mathematics. The two go hand in hand. Physics offers the overarching theories and utilizes math to explain it. The same is true of biology and chemistry, organic chemistry specifically.

Yes.

Freud, Marx, Nietzsche and Darwin are the 4 horsemen of atheism.

They're all wrong but they greatly aided the philosophical naturalists and atheists in the destruction of western civilization.

>nee chee
>atheism

>They're all wrong