Less than 30% of millenials have a bachelor's degree

Less than 30% of millenials have a bachelor's degree

How do we capitalize on this?

Also, how does a STEM-fag get a job in the business sector?

I have a bachelor's but now I need a masters to even get a job. Never go to college, it is a scam.

I know a lot of PhD's who say the opposite, they have the higher education but are now over-qualified or working jobs that don't require more than a Bachelor's degree.

I think HR is the source problem.

>Be in HR
>Have a BA in something gay
>Got job because someone took a chance on you despite having a BA in sociology
>Forever punish everyone else

in (((america))) it is.

But American degrees are also literally the most valued in the world

Seconded

>Less than 30% of millenials have a bachelor's degree
Isn't this because most millenials are under the age of 20?

Nope, millenials are now olds actually, 18-19 year olds are Generation Z

this seems counter-intuitive to me, what's the average college completion rate. like 50%

I have a 4.0 masters in econ and I have been unemployed for 2 months.

This world is a joke.

Here's the interesting dynamic

66% of highschool graduates go on to start SOME kind of college

Less than 1/3 of those actually graduate. There is a massive drop out rate, but they are still in debt.

Millenials are both HIGHER and LOWER educated than previous generations, even at 30%, we are MORE college educated, but at the same time, the highschool graduation rate is LOWER than previous generations.

This is my experience. 80%+ of HR are women with gender studies and sociology degrees.

Is that why companies like Walmart and Microsoft are bringing over Indians by the boatload?

No, MS just doesn't want to spend 6-figures on every single employee they have. They'd rather pay less and train them.

I have an associates and a BS

My last manager was a female that was younger than me by a few years, had less work experience, and didn't even finish an associate's degree.

I'm actually going back to finish college this fall. Trust me on this, unless you have some sort of 'in' with a good company, you will need a degree to get anything above a pleb tier position with minimal growth.

Think about it. If you owned a company and were hiring someone. Candidate A and B both have about the same skills, but Candidate A has a degree and B doesn't. You're going to go with A all day. I've learned this the hard way.

The seconded most valued in the world?

What value can you bring to a company?

Why don't you apply for management positions? Do you lake the social skills and self confidence? Stop being a fucking cuck.

Of course, the flip side of this is

Candidate A - Degree little experience because you spent years in school.

Candidate B- No degree moderate experience

They'll take B in most cases. But yes, in your scenario if they are otherwise the same, go with the degree, but that's an isolated case. There are a lot of people with experience and no degrees.

But, I think you should go back and finish regardless, because long-term it will benefit you no matter what.

I actually think we've reached a point where education isn't valued as much as it should be. College is fucking hard and you develop so many skills that should count equal or greater than on-the-job experience.

Obviously it's the horrible education system that takes 9 months to go through babbys first textbook.

Why would you ever finish highschool. In-fact I'd say you're somewhat of a looser if you do, ironically.

wow, the attendance rate is basically what i expected (slightly lower), but the graduation rate is quite a bit less than what i expected. don't know why they just don't finish up with at least something. i switched into accounting from EE (had a really shit math background, never used calc for anything because we only had the dumbed down AP physics) and it was fucking disgustingly easy. hard to believe an extrovert normie couldn't just finish an easy spreadsheet copy pasting finance degree

Yeah it seriously shocked me.

I can understand dropping out if you're STEM and just get burnt the fuck out, but once you're in the system, just fucking graduate with SOMETHING. Academically college is hard, but in terms of lifestyle, it's easy.

Precisely. I'm in my late 20s and every younger person thinks they can be some meme wizard or content creator and make piles of cash, so they forego the college route. It's about time to zig when the rest of the field is zagging.

Just curious, what do you plan to go back to study?

Computer Science for sure. I've done enough self-learning over the past year or so that I don't think it will be too difficult to get through it.

Don't go back if you're going to get some meme degree. Get something real-world applicable.

I need a stupid 4 year and then some to take my cpa exams.

Good choice for sure.

I do worry about it short term, there IS a bubble and H1B visas are eating a lot of jobs, but long-term it's going to stay relevant obviously.

Let's hope it bursts while you're in school.

I fucking hate HR, but my company treats HR like shit so they really can't do much.

HR is a problem-containment zone and a diversity incubator, 2 birds, 1 zone