Every time I tell a normie I'm an accounting major they all always give me a baffled/disgusted look

Every time I tell a normie I'm an accounting major they all always give me a baffled/disgusted look.
Why don't these people respect this field?

all accountants are known to be autistic

I could never do it, but it's a fantastic path to follow in these times. Normies are literally nonsentient, their thought processes are dictated by standardized logic trees that are distributed to them by the (((elite))) through modern media and education. These tell normies that being an accountant is a position to be despised.

basically this

It's just not an interesting field, but it's a good lifestyle...outside out work.

However, your shit will be automated to fuck all in the coming decades.

You're a bean counter.

>A field offering job security and nearly guaranteed employment
>"Haha you're wierd user"
Weird is good. Really good and profitable. Weird just means no one is too interested in it. Ecommerce was weird in 1995. Mobile computing was weird in 2001. Crypto is still weird.
If your friends make fun of you for trading crypto, take solace in knowing there are still profits to be had.
When the mass public accepts and begins using crypto, the final surges in price will occur as they dump billions into the market.
Our goal is soak up the growth before it slows down.

>job security
What about accounting can't be implemented through software?

> accountant
> job security

ahahaha
user youre a glorified calculator and will be replaced by machines in the next 5-10 years

Because of people like you

Calculators can interpret accounting standards? Kewl story bruv.

>Hello darkness my old friend

What about any job can't be implemented through software/robotics?

> according to Accenture, 80% of accounting and finance tasks will be delivered with automation in the next few years

youre right theres nothing to worry about
godspeed user

Edgelord here doesn't understand the function of a financial statement audit, which robots won't be able to perform probably ever

The feeling of blowing your load down the throat of the secretary you know you're about to replace

Very long-term, absolutely nothing.

Very short-term, simple tasks like accounting

Accountants are loooooosers. That's why.

So 1/10 accountants will keep their jobs, sounds about right for most professions after automation.

......and advise clients.

Triple kewl story bruv.

(((AUTOMATION))). That's why we need millions of low iq immigrants. Sth doesn't seem right...

> muh financial statement audit

you dont think competition for those kinda gigs might increase ten fold when majority of accountants are out of jobs?

> e-e-everything will be fine

ok then

I can live comfy off the 20%.

God bless you fella.

I almost majored in accounting until I figured out accounting is the first business discipline on the chopping block for automation

Went finance and specialized in fintech, I've never been happier and more content in my life.

I bet a team of analysts can make out needed uml diagrams and then..

If you think accounting will be wiped out by automation then you need to admit you don't actually know what public accounting or internal audit actually is.

As a CPA at Manager level, my future feels secure but yea low level clerks and bookkeepers are fucked

if you dont think 80% of jobless accountants competing over an ever-decreasing pool of work will have an impact on this industry, then you need to admit you dont understand supply & demand

For analysts, read accountants yh?

Just going to ask now...

If Accounting jobs are so stable, why clusterfuck the different designations?

That's like going through the trades and saying "Nah, no need to say you're an electrician in staging/musical equipment v. an electrician for homes v. a commercial electrician, they all deal with electricity."

people seem to think that it's hard, only classes i didn't get an a in were classes that were more about laws, etc., because they were all about memorization, booze really did a number on that cognitive function for me, everything based on actual financial statements was easy as fuck. couldn't get a job though, i'm too autistic, so keep in mind there is a certain level of social skills required that apparently i do not have. i just wanted to look at muh spreadsheets all day but apparently i did not show a sufficient level of interest in looking at linda's vacation pictures or buying stacy shots and coke

You know that thing about "it's who you know"? It's a thing because it's true.