Is this the most significant Veeky Forumstorical event...

Is this the most significant Veeky Forumstorical event? I mean in the grand scheme of things even after all traces of Humanity on Earth are gone there will still be flags and footprints on the Moon.

Development of writing. No writing, no history.

Apparently moon dust will eventually bury it.

maybe those that are able will encapsulate it in some way

>no writing, no history
>no history, no Veeky Forums
writing was a mistake

The more I think about it, the more insignificant it seems. Investment in space only decreased sharply after that. I guess it was wonderful propaganda for the US but that's not a planetary benefit.

Watch it Chrissy

The first human on Mars will overshadow it. With a bit of luck, it'll happen within our lifetimes.

Would be so sad, essentially a suicide mission. It would probably be at least 2050 before a return trip is possible

>harvest water from Martian ice caps
>use solar power to electolyze it
>burn the resulting LH2 and LOX to get home

people weren't looking up at the face of the mars since the dawn of man you know

I'm not quite sure how to take this statement.

You know why it's called Mars, don't you?

It wouldn't be a suicide mission. The technology exists already to do it and has since at least the 90s. The Case For Mars for example laid out what would have been a very doable Mars program called Mars Direct for around $50 billion('92 money).

well, you're totally autistic then

I prefer voyager 2. It's going after the moon and it will hit something someday or it will desintegrate. It will be on the cosmos and our debree in the atmosphere has potential of going outside of our planet to lurk around for something to feel or understand our... Accomplishments.

I don't think it's had all that much of an impact historically in that sense, but it is the most significant event in terms of pure human achievement, like climbing the highest mountain, or circumnavigating the globe, etc.

It's the ultimate achievement of humanity so far in that sense.

fuck that, as long as countries claim this shit then the significance of the moment is lost under the neanderthal concept of tribalism and patriotism.

When humans start working towards bettering the human race by eliminating religion instead of planting flags to show how big the tribes dick is? That will be the greatest achievement in human history. God help humanity if a US flag is planted on Mars

The moon has been a way bigger thing to pretty much everyone ever than Mars. Big, white, visibly pockmarked circle in the sky versus little dot that some scientists tell us is a planet.

>buttmad
USA
USA
USA

you sound european

Australian lads, I personally don't give a fuck about human achievement but planting flags 'in the name of x' can only cause jealousy, hatred and eventually war. I understand great technological advancements are made during wars but what a price to pay.

The root of all this shit is religion, fuck it off and lets get on with exploring the fucking galaxy.

>I come from a non-country that never achieved anything of note
>also I don't care about human achievements
What a shock.

>I come from a non-country that never achieved anything of note
Literally proving my point on tribalism. Well done

How about if said flags are planted in the name of Earth?

that's what I'm getting at bro, chances of it happening are slim though, too many allah akhbars and praise jesus's.

>The USA, and therefore I played a big part in the moon landings.
Australians, in particular the Parkes Radio Telescope played a massive role at the time and the Aussies working there had more to do with the moon landings than you did. Do you think being shat out in USA means you played a part in the moon landings?

toppest fucking kek, tell me YOUR achievements

This is my favourite movie filmed in Nevada. I like the bit when they land on the moon.

The most significant historical event has yet to happen, and that is when humanity discovers and interacts with another intelligent species from somewhere other than earth.

>Australian

stopped reading

My biggest personal achievement is that I've never ONCE been an Australian.

Not even close
Impressive sure, but absolutly not significant
Had it lead to space colonization, maybe it could have been
But it merely marked the end of the space race and nothing came out of it

>he believes the moon landing is real

People can't be this stupid.

If I had to pick the 5 most significant events in human history, that changed everything for the future it would be in no particular order
The colonization of the Fertile Crescent
The moon landing
Everything in the Second World War
The crucifixtion of Jesus
And the creation of gun powder, this one I'm putting because I can't think of anything else

>Religion is the reason people argue
Dude if you have 2 cavemen, and you give one a red flower and one a blue flower, they would probably fight over who's flower is better. Especially if a woman wanted the blue flower more.

women would rather have a red flower you neanderthal scum

industrial revolution?