They make fun of us over at Veeky Forums a lot...

They make fun of us over at Veeky Forums a lot. They do have points though when they say STEM is a lot more practical and rigorous than anything in the humanities.

who cares about undegrad pissing contests

It's not just that stem is more practical, but humanities has no anchor in observable fact and has reached the point of absurdity.

See this You can't expect to be taken seriously if you deny that there are differences between the sexes. People will just lau at your face and go away.

>why not both?

Analytic philosophy.

>but humanities has no anchor in observable fact
>le science is the only way to know the truth meme

fuck off with your circular reasoning to Veeky Forums

I didn't say neither

True science comes from reason and observation. At some point in time (assuming it wasn't always the case) humanities have excused themselves from such burdensome requisites and decided to ground their principles entirely on the individual whim of the author, and thus have divorced themselves from any claim to scientific status. Fix that, extirpate the malignant tumors from your midst of you and then maybe one day you will become a respectable field of research.

It is both dumb ass. Analytic philosophy combines philosophy and the formal sciences, primarily math and logic and in recent years even science.

>no scientific method
>no relevance to life

Ok

It bothers me that history is lumped in with the rest of the humanities, which as far as I can make out consists of 90% anti-empirical, anti-Western bullshit.

STEM has to deal with the social sciences, but at least they are notionally rooted in empiricism.

You can thank philosophers for contributing to areas of computer science with the development of formal logic.

Fine just don't call it science and we'll have no issue then. Call it art, poetry, or whatever you like.

Only retards who are too dumb to do science and math but want to be considered smart go into the humanities just so they can wear the title. Anyone can fucking read Plato. Only a few can intelligently discuss things such as string theory. You people are plebs. Mathematicians and scientist are intellectually superior to you and actually are relevant to the real world.

This
>We find truth through the scientific method
>We find the scientific method through unproven reason
>unproveb reason=/= observation
>the scientific method isn't scientific

Natural philosopher is the correct word.

Shut the fuck up bitch. If you were smart, you'd be a STEM major. But you're too retard so you chose the humanities instead.

>reason
>observation
Niger River name a humanity that isn't based on observing the world around you and reason.

The only thing I can think of not based on observation right now is math, and that's STEM

Get your head out of your ass and maybe you'll see the light.

Wow but I didn't? I went organic chemistry and like philosophy.

The capitalist class wants you to fall for the STEM meme so no one will question their authority. They want you to be automotons, a human calculator. How many of these 'smart' STEMfags have read a single word of Marx, let alone understood it?

Organic chemistry is easy as fuck. Try differential equations bitch.

Lots. Academic types usually are smart enough to be rudimentary in most fields. Savants are the obvious exception.

???
>differential equations will save humanity from the next super bug

Please argue something or leave.

How many of these humanitiefags have read up on topology, let alone understood it?

Pretty pretty

You shouldn't throw around such hard favts people might get hurt.

This poster() is completely right. Topology is pretty. It's useful. But does it really get to the core of our society. STEMfags talk about how much they will change the world yet they can never think outside the capitalist paradigm.

Fuck feelings. Let them go cry their eyes out while jerking off to Hegel.