Would you rather have $1000/day for life or a one time lump sum of $5,750,000, and why? Both would be taxed

Would you rather have $1000/day for life or a one time lump sum of $5,750,000, and why? Both would be taxed.

1000 per day.
No matter what shills will say you will always get 1k tomorrow

$5,750,000 and invest it all in crypo day 1, then sell low for profits

1k a day easy

5,750,000 so I can start enjoying life now and I can actually invest something significant.

1,000 dollars today is worth more than 1,000 tmrw

1000 a day
Because I am immortal and it will be way more in the long run.

i currently live on a bit over 1000 a month... i think i'd pick 1000 a day

Lump sum is best sum.
Even taxed at 50% you could easily make more than 1k a day 2.875b.

$5,750,000 a day. You can easily make over $1000 a day by investing a portion of that so might as well have the lump sum AND the passive income.

Lump sum. Taxes only go up along with inflation risks. Lump sum offers more leverage and you could make close to 1000/day in conservative to moderate investments

Oops I meant $5,750,000 today* although I wouldn't say no to 5 mil a day either.

ITT: retards

Take the lump sum because you can actually use 5.75m to make more money and also because you understand inflation.

Lump sum so I could invest in it to make mad gainz.

If accounting for inflation throughout my lifetime, $1,000 as that is a no questions asked 30 million USD in 2017 dollars if I just live to about 80.

Otherwise the 5.75 million right now. No guarantee I could make it more but if that $1,000 isn't accounting for inflation decades from now, it will be better.

Basically if you don't want to invest anything, take the $1,000. You make what a surgeon makes without doing anything, guaranteed.

5,750,000 EZ

Buy 3 apartment buildings with 30 units each so 90 total units @ 900 a month profit and make 60k a month after costs with no risk
60k a month > 30k a month

is this a hint that doge coin is the next to get pumped? thanks buddy

so the $1000 actually starts being worth less each month and year?

Get the 5,750,000
After tax buy around 25 investment properties that make around 1000 a day. Still have about a mill to play around with

Right now lump sum balls deep crypto
Else, 1k.

>one time lump sum of $5,750,000

I would take this, reinvest it in crypto.

Just doing this would give me a lot more that $1000/day.

The one time lump sum, because who knows how long I'll live.

No even if you're immortal you're better off with the lump sum. If you can even earn 10% a year with the money that's 1575 a day. And if you keep putting the money back in to invest with it'll compound into $1,091,955,339,647,670.40 in 200 years. If you take the $1000 a day that's only $73,000,000 in 200 years and it'll also be worth less because of inflation $1000 a day might be like $100 a day.

I can't believe you're willing to give me $1000 a day, OP! I mean, $10,000 is like insane amounts of shekels! Are you really sure you're willing to transfer $1,000,000 a day to my bank account?

>own and manage 3 apartment buildings

might as well just kill yourself now. also

>no risk

comeon buddy can't think of any risks at all? deadbeat tenants who refuse to leave? accidents that you're responsible for as the owner? natural disaster of some kind wiping out your property?

yeah dealing with 90 tenants which are most likely lower income and minority, it will make him want to kill himself

The 1000/day is the smart move because 1. There's absolutely no downside, unlike the 5mil, which (in order for it to have more value) I would have to put into some kind of risky investment 2.In a bull market, the 5mil would be worth more but the 1000/day will be worth plenty as well, and I could take larger risks without fear of wiping out my capital. I can still invest a good portion of the 1000/day (and I would since I don't spend that much) and I'd still end up making a lot more than just the 1000 a day in the long run. In a bear market, however, my 5 mil (which is already going to be worth less without the investment) will be drained and definitely won't see good returns, whereas my 1000/day is absolute. In short, in a strong market the 1000/day is good but not as good but in a bear market the 1000/day is even better AND the 5mil loses its one advantage. Finally, 3. in a massive deflation situation (not likely but not impossible either) the 1000/day becomes a huge boon while the 5mil will have likely been blown out during the crash.

The only situation where the 1000/day would suck comparatively is a hyper inflation scenario, however, both would lose their value unless I invested in tangible assets, but these would not have the same level of return as other investment avenues in most scenarios meaning the 5mil would become worth less than the 1000/day if I had gone the tangible investment route. Only an immediate hyper inflation scenario would hurt me there while in the long run I can hedge against inflation just as effectively with the 1000/day as I can the 5mil.

You use rental agencies...
You dont deal with any of it

I love this jew joke but I can never seem to phrase it right when I make it on my own. Love it.

1k a day because I think I'm going to live more than 16 years more.

If I was in my thirties it'd be a close call.

I'll take the lump. If I die next week the wife and kids get millions instead of thousands. If I just become seriously ill I can afford the best treatment. I am mortal.

If you are young and healthy you would be fucking stupid to have the 5 mil immediately and invest in some risky biz. In 15.5 years you will reach the amount. 30k/month is more than enough, inflation or not.

>muh econ 101

Yeah l passed 8th grade too faggot.

$1k a day easy. Don't ever have to worry about money and don't have to think about investing if I don't want to. Will be super comfy life.

>young and healthy
Accidents are the 4th leading cause of death in the US.

how the hell are you making 900/month per tenant through a rental agency? Also rental agencies don't magically remove tenant rights when it comes to deadbeats nor make you immune to responsibility or catastrophe.

This thread only proves Veeky Forums doesn't know shit about money. And you are taking financial advice from these assholes.

pretty the lump sum

inflation / NPV kinda kills the $1k a day

1000/day
In a week I have loans paid off, then begin investing

This thread only proves how dumb Veeky Forums is.
Taxed how, retard? As a gift? As a wage? As profit?
After that is answered, of course $5,750,000.
The dollar is 4% of what it was years ago. Can you imagine that a GOOD wage on 1920 was about 4~5 dollars? That was what an engineer made.
I would get the millions and put them in something safe, what use would it have to get 1k a day after it has completely gone to shit?

Fucking retard learn what a discount rate is.

Money today is worth more than money tomorrow.

$1000 a day for life is actually not worth much at all because money is devalued every day.

Also if you're on Veeky Forums and say $1000 fucking GTFO and never come back

Rent is $1250 a month in my area for a 2 bedroom unit.
You can buy 30 unit properties for 1.75 million
If the agency is charging more than 350 a month to manage it find a new one. Of course you will have repairs that can be costly hence 60k a month instead of 80k

You have no idea how much the owers of apartment buildings are making per month

You gonna get scam and come crying on Veeky Forums while I receive 1 grand a day.

Lump sum only if I could buy all of the Nigger Coins (NGR) in circulation.

I cant do math gimme the 1k today

Why 5,750,000? That's an odd arbitrary number.

I'd take that though.

well you probably wouldn't notice it for at least ten years, but by the time you're a retiree it'd probably be worth a lot less. Think about how the daily wage 100 years ago was $1 and that was good pay

Also the fact that "taxed" could mean a lot of things. Tax-rates and regulations can change (and are far more likely to increase than decrease) further devaluing the payment.

That said, if you're not particularly bright you might be better off with $365k a year, even if you lose 50%+ to taxes and say 5-10% per decade due to inflation.

easy take the 5.75 mil. Invest in industrial real estate with other partners. you get a 6% return every year. Just make sure you have some liquid in case there is a cash call

>Can you imagine that a GOOD wage on 1920 was about 4~5 dollars? That was what an engineer made.
that's not an argument.

OFFICIAL POST: anyone that doesn't take the 1000 is a retard

let's do the babby math:

$1000 x 365 days x 60 years = $21,900,000

This is a base number. You can easily make 252 $1000 stock market bets PER YEAR, while paying for a fairly luxurious lifestyle and living standard. reinvesting this easily pays that $5.75mm within 5 years if you you keep investing 1k every day, PLUS you are guaranteed around double the $5.75mm ontop of all that.

i sincerely hope everyone ITT is trolling otherwise i would recommend kys

Are you some sort of fucking retard that doesn't understand what inflation is?

time value of money stooge

neets btfo yet again

$5.75 million, beating 8% ROI a year is easy even ignoring the principal.

are you people fucking retarded????

i know this is probably presumptuous for gentlemen such as yourselves, but you don't just sit around and jack off with the money. you can put your $1000 in the SP500 and outpace inflation by 6x PER YEAR. I know you kiddies don't know what compounding is.

I'd take the lump sum.

- 5 million in an index fund.
- 500k in various crypto and ico's.
- 200k to live on for several years.
- 50k in pennystocks and memes.

Definitely the lump sum. I'll be dead before tax bill comes due next april, so good luck collecting those taxes.

Well, $1000/day would be $365k~ a year
And 5.750.000 with a 1% interest rate* would "pay" me $729100 a year, which translates to ~$2000/day.
And if you manage to get any investment with ~0,55%/month you would get more than $1000/day.So I really don't know why would anybody pick the $1000/day

*:That is the "safest" investment option on my bank, and I also wouldn't need to pay taxes on my gains for this investment.

You're a fucking idiot. Assuming a 5% annual average return on your lump sum of 5.75 million for the same 60 years nets you $107.4 million compared to your palty 21.9 million

How about you learn basic concepts of finance before you call others retarded, you fucking mongoloid

what discount rate are we working with here

Its how much I'm gonna win tonight in Lucky for Life. CHECK EM

You're the making the assumption that the inflation rate would be stable and that the sociopolitical situation in your country won't change.

The issue is that if the company paying you the 1k a day goes belly up. So does your 1k a day.

So its good to get the lump sum right away.

enjoy having tenants who don't pay, who refuse to leave, and sit in your property for 3 months not making you money and there's nothing you can do because of their rights as tenant. Of course, you're still paying the rental agency, and then you need to go through eviction, and regardless of what your rental agency tells you, if they the tenant is stubborn about it, you looking at a couple thousand bucks to actually get the fucker out of there.

Of course, you're also ignoring costs of insurance, taxes (property, which will be gigantic for a 1.75million dollar building, and income, which at that rate will definitely be top bracket ~35% of most of your fucking money), and utilities.

The first one works out as more money, assuming i don't drop dead in the next decade.

I would take the first.

Lol, sounds like you're a LL.
Listen to this guy user, being a landlord is not all it's cracked up to be. Taxes, insurance, common charges/HOA fees, utilities, maintenance, accountants, lawyers, they bring your actual take down to the point that it's just another job at best, except you're the boss.
If you're unnaturally lucky, the properties take care of themselves.
If you're average, you have to do some shit from time to time that's inconvenient.
If you're really unlucky, have fun going to court or your lawyer's office every day for a few months.

Forgot to mention, everyone will also assume you're loaded which if you're stupid you think is cool. If you're smart, you realize that means every tradesman will try to overcharge you, and every tenant will attempt to fuck with you because 'u rish'

obviously the 5.75 mil, I'm not falling for that bitch stealing $83.33 from me

I assumed the 1k is fixed and used a 5% interest rate, compounding hodl method and even tax rates paid annually. Need 50 years for daily payments bag to square up to lump sum bag. It is too long, less buying power, can get a loan on the daily payments but have to pay interest. Lump sum better for me.

I'm not a landlord personally but I have landlords in the family and its probably the last thing I'd ever want to do.

This. If you take your $5,750,000 and invest it all, you only need a 7% annual return on investment in order to outpace the $1k-per-day fag in earnings.

An average vanguard or fidelity broad market fund will net you on average 7-10% annual returns net of fees. With $5 million invested, that's easily 30-40k per month, which also gives you $750k to fuck around with to get you started.

And now you understand the power of compounding interest.

you get much more if you're young with $1000/day

but with that $5.75 mil you get it immediately plus you can live extravagantly gaining income off of property investments alone

You have to be fucking joking.

Imagine for a minute, that you could make one $1000 bet per day for the next 15 or more years, add the rest of the market cigs along growing at a rate of 5-10% per annum.

OR, and I know this is hard to follow, but stick with me here, it's important; you could take the lump sum payment, invest $5.75M in a broad market fund today, and assuming a standard return of 7.5% per annum, you could be earning $1181 per day (5,750,000*(.075/365)=1181.51) starting today, AND have $5.75M to your name in addition.

Fucking retard.

the 1k guy can still invest his 1ks though...

Which is has absolute disadvantages in all factors. Fucking crypto retards on this board. Go back to mining and fapping to manga

... What's your point? He can invest $1k per day but I'm stuck withdrawing anything above my principal? What are you, fucking dense or something? If you take the lump sum you can still reinvest profits you dolt. Plus, I've got $5.75M in addition to the $1k per day I'd be earning in interest.

Are you people being purposefully obtuse? The lump sum is clearly, absolutely, unquestionably the better option here in 100% of scenarios assuming they're both taxed at the same flat rate.

That depends entirely on your interest rate beating 1000 per day from the start

It also assumes you never fuck up. The 1k guy always gets his 1k. If you fuck your investment, which you most likely would, he wins.

Pump a shitcoin to the moon, double profits. Seems legit.

Why the hate and upset ITT, it' just theoretical money anyway faggot.

The $1000 per day is the better choice though.

First instinct was $5.75m, but potentially $1000 per day would be better, because, $5.75m would mean I'd have to quit my job and start managing it as a full time investment, whereas $1000 a day, I could easily keep up with that pace, because you could spend a week researching thoroughly the next stock / crypto / asset you want to invest that next $7,000 in, whereas $5.75m, right now, in your lap, is a huge burden to try to manage effectively going from zero, as many of us aren't experienced managing that amount of money. Additionally, the slow build up of wealth over time would make you look more like a hero in the eyes of your family and friends, rather than someone who just got lucky.

1k per day, easy.

1000 a day at a risk free rate of 4% is over 100,000,000 dollars in present value. So yeah. TVM baby.

1000 a day because your money can get stolen.
Shit can happen to you. But if you always wake up with 1000$ which belong to you, you are safe.

The value of a perpetuity of $1000 per day is 1000/i (where i is the daily interest rate).

The value of 5.75 million is... 5.75 million. So to calculate the break-even point:

5750000 = 1000 / i

Solve for i.
i = 0.0174%

(equivalent to about 6.5% interest, annually). So I guess I'd rather have the lump sum.

5 mil now

Opportunity cost