Simple Ways to Make an Average Income with Your Hobby

Anyone has some experience with it? Would like to hear some real talk.
How did you find you first clients? Interesting article but is Youtube really a good place to start with cloutos.com/blog/simple-ways-make-average-income-hobby/

Other urls found in this thread:

steepshotphotography.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zLVFjZ5_qWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You dont

keep your hobbies hobbies

is your hobby lucrative?

going to try open bazzar soon. been meaning to for years.

is it's something handmade i suggest amazon.con and ebay

All hobbies can be lucrative:

>Over time you become aware of the niche aspects of the hobby
>Over time you become aware of the prestige items in the hobby
>Over time you can Identify the limited releases and items that will become sort-after.

You invest invest in the niche, limited run, prestige items. Their value rises over time proportional to other hobbyist's nostalgia and increasing capital.

What? Collecting items isn't a fucking hobby

collecting money is

>think about my hobbies
>drinking

Oh ok then

Make a blog and join one of those clicking on ads schemes.

Sell your camera and buy crypto currency

blog - reddit - youtube - social media - etc

you basically want to teach/show people what you're doing and make money off of sales/advertising

you're trading in the currency of attention

if someone wants to get into your hobby, you can establish yourself as an authority by regularly releasing content about ur hobby

I write custom smut for people with niche fetishes. I made like 100$ last month, up to 115 this month, with more work lined up.

or better option
steepshotphotography.com/

I make niche artwork on Patreon. It's an extra $300 a month, which helps out considering it's a hobby I enjoy doing.

THIS 1000x

I loved photography. Making it into a business totally killed my passion for it. I don't do it for work OR fun anymore...

>hobby is honebrewing
>illegal to sell alcohol without a license

At least I get cheap and tasty beer.

Here's the answers on how to make an income with your hobby:
>do it
>start figuring it out
>start
>launch
>don't be a pussy

That looks like a bomb that some action hero has to disarm or it blows up a school full of children or something

>hobby was voice acting
>"Will you do this audiobook for $200 per finished hour?"

Life's good

Chris Dunn has a lot of good ideas when it comes to secondary sources of income. Recently watched an old vid of his where he is buying and reselling stuff from garage sales with a 400-500% ROI. Apparently the average ROI for garage sale resellers is 462%...pretty amazing.

Brewing would be a great hobby. Seems like a lot of shit to invest in at first... any tips for first timers? How did you start?

See this is a good classic Veeky Forums thread. It's nice to take a break from the shitcoins, even though I have money tied up in them now.

Pretty much this.

There are tons of furfags and mlp artists who are making meager incomes on patreon.

From what I've seen you need:
A community (furfags, mlp, etc)
Be a quality producer in the community
Give them what they want, either in commissioned work or by making content you know people in the community will like.
Have an online persona, just giving a face behind the art will make people invested.

While I know of quite a few people who make a meager chunk of change doing these things you have to hedge yourself against failure, as it is the standard outcome.

*online fursona

:^)

I've danced (popping and robot) for years for fun. Now I'm the tinman in a major US city. I make $25 to $48 per hr (more in the summer, less in the spring, mid in the fall) doing it.

Its a mixture of silver human statue and robot, mostly. I have a PA speaker running off a rechargeable battery powered amp that plays a mix of funk, old school hip hop, and chiptunes. I stand completely still until someone tips me, and then do the robot and pop for awhile. Most of my money comes from tourists with kids.

I work as much or as little as I want, depending how much I want to make that month. It works well for travelling and gives me ample time to practice piano. It's fun when some nerdy guy walks by and double checks his ears at the chiptunes.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLVFjZ5_qWk

>Chris Dunn has a lot of good ideas when it comes to secondary sources of income. Recently watched an old vid of his where he is buying and reselling stuff from garage sales with a 400-500% ROI. Apparently the average ROI for garage sale resellers is 462%...pretty amazing.
This sounds nice until it turns out that you have to deal with a bunch of fuckheads and 400% ROI on $50 is really $10 an hour.

Pretty sure scrappers make more money than that.

My hobby is digging deep holes in the forest by hand. Don't think I can make a profit out of that.

What are you digging for if i may ask?

Nothing, its relaxing. I started to dig holes for my weed plants because the soil at my growspot was horrible. But I kinda liked it and never stopped digging more holes.

Been digging for 4 Months now. Weed plants are doing fine.

I used to produce some weapons for LARP with a friend of mine, back in the early 2000s. Starting with small daggers to swords to a couple of siege weapons, we did build anything.

We started off with small stuff for friends and made some bigger things for some cool french guys we met at a convention.
It cooled off with us getting into university and getting paid better afterwards. We still build some for cash tough, but only for good friends.

Was never an official job tough, even if I guess we would have had been able to life from it for a while. Today I would not like to compete with the other professional sellers in the industry - too harsh and too competitive.

You're right but it was about building wealth from nothing. He eventually started buying out whole garage sales, and going to wholesalers etc.

>producing LARP weapons is a competitive industry