ITS NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR

WHY COULDN'T I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT CRYPTOCURRENCY 5 YEARS AGO, I MISSED THE TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAin

Other urls found in this thread:

ibb.co/h8HDiF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you had a powerful gaming computer 7 years ago
>tfw you probably could have mined 500 BTC if you knew
>tfw you would have been set to be comfy for life if you just did some more digging on the internet instead of playing TF2
oh well

smith & weston stock option

Careful what you wish for user. I knew about bitcoin when it was less than a dollar but I didnt mine or buy it because it seemed like a hassle and I didnt think it would go anywhere. Then when it was $100 I thought "Fuck, I missed out. I could be a millionaire right now."

Now it's $2500 and I just wish I bought it at $100.

You know about it now don't you? Don't come here cying in a year when it has x10 in value.

I knew about Bitcoin when it had just released and was a few cents. I'm actually glad I didn't buy any (was gonna buy drugs from Silkroad), because I know I would have lost them all. With the amount of times I've reformatted my computer, gotten new hard drives and deleted old info since 2009, I would have had to kill myself.

>reformatted my computer
I mined litecoins for a while when it was new-ish
I stopped when my coins in total was worth like $10 cos i figured it wasn't worth it.
After a few years and a few reformats. that $10 would be worth around $200 now, I know it's nothing compared to some people, but i'm still mad.

Yeah exactly, now imagine you bought 10,000 BTC for

I bought bitcoin in '09 when it was $0.003 a pop. Some of us got lucky.

tfw mined 12 BTC in like 2010 or 2011 but sold for scraps after they "crashed" from 15 usd to 7 usd and I thought crypto would never take off

I knew about crypto 5 years ago and have actively used it up until now where I'm hoarding it for it's potential. Never saved any from the early crypto gambling days. Feels bad man.

Guys there will be tonnes more opportunities for us to be early adopters, you've learned a valuable lesson just be ready to put your money where your mouth is next time.

That's not how it works you dumbass.

Even if you were the first guy on earth to get BTC, you would have still had to HOLD them for almost 10 years.

You wouldn't have sold when BTC went from 1 cent to 1 dollar?
You wouldn't have sold when BTC went from 1 dollars to 10 dollars?
You wouldn't have sold when BTC went from 10 dollars to 100 dollars?
You wouldn't have sold when BTC went from 1 00 dollars to 1000 dollars?

I guarafuckingtee you would have sold at some point, especially after the MtGox crash you'd have just been content to cash out your winnings.

This is what fuckers don't understand about investments. It's not just about being there at the right time, it's holding your investment through all temptations

And who knows, maybe in 10 years people will be lamenting wishing they would have bought BTC in 2017.

The point of any investment isn't when you get in, it's first knowing it's a good investment and second having the balls to believe in your original assessment and hold a long ass time

I keep fantasizing about going back in time, any dark rituals to do this?

Having instant access to anything you ever wanted would make you miserable, you wouldn't be able to derive any pleasure from something that doesn't have any value.

The pleasure of anything valuable is derived from scarcity and the effort required to attain it.

How much do you have today?

this is what happened to me after mt gox.

fuck that place. fuck it

I knew about bitcoin when it was $3, about 6 years ago, but i couldn't convice myself to buy some. It was shady as fuck back then. They didn't have their own protocol but used IRC. So the chat rooms were filled with clients that had their IP ciphered as their nick name. It looked more like the command&control server of a botnet.
In the source code of the bitcoin client they also begged that you provide servers to help maintain the network.

Needless to say that buying bitocin was demanding, the convenience of coinbase etc. was invented yet. So you would buy it from someone on a message board and hope that he doesn't scam you.

>guarafuckingtee you would have sold at some point, especially after the MtGox crash you'd have just been content to cash out your winnings.
Nigger don't know shit.

Gox crashed only a couple of months after the $1200 spike in November 2013. You would not have sold after tasting that sweet sweet moon honey, you would have recognized a colossal buying opportunity. The ones who sold were really stupid normies only interested in quick cash and who didn't understand the tech.

A friend and I went in $100 each. We were young and that was a lot of money for us as students.

So 32k btc back then roughly. I've used some, sold some but still have over 25k btc.

>implying you have 25000 bitcoins

1MYjZY555zD1nEdw95934iDKkBEGKQT8jP

have only one(1) train:
1. BITCOIN HAVE LIMITED QUANTITY, IN DIFFERENCE FROM TULIPS, DOLLARS AND Ethereum
2. GOLD EXACTLY SAME A PYRAMID SCHEME AS A BITCOIN BUT ALREADY ABSORB ALL IN
3. CURRENT CAPITALIZATION OF THE BITCOIN 35,788,210,511 USD
FOR EXAMPLE RUSSIAN BILLIONER ALISHER UZMANOV MAY BUY THE HALF OF ALL BITCOINS
USA MILITARY BUDGET - 611,000,000,000 USD
USA DEBT - 18,984,100,000,000 USD
GOLD IN THE WORLD 31553,2 TONS = 1,278,960,782,690 USD
BITCOIN SIMILAR TO GOLD FOR ACCUMULATION AND SIMILAR TO DOLLAR FOR MONEY TRANSFER
THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS THE BITCOIN FROM BECOMING A WORLD CURRENCY IS ITS LOW COST
AT THE PRICE OF 10,000,000 USD FOR 1 BITCOIN IT ALREADY CAN REPLACE DOLLARS
-----------------------------------
TYPICAL PROBLEM FOR BILLIONER: TO BUY APARTMENT FOR 15 YEARS ASIAN GIRLFREND
FOR EXAMPLE YOU - BILL GATES
YOU HAVE MONEY IN THE BANK
YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS MONEY, YOU CAN NOT TAKE TONS OF CASH. GOLD IS VISIBLE ON METAL DETECTORS AT THE AIRPORT
BEFORE PAYING SERIOUS MONEY, YOU NEED TO RECEIVE THE APPOINTMENT PERMISSION AND PAY THE TAXES
AND IF JOURNALISTS SEE WILL BE THE SCANDAL
WITH BITCOIN THERE IS NO PROBLEM
WITH BITCOIN ONLY PROBLEM IS BITCOIN LOW PRICE AND LOW BITCOIN AMOUNT IN INTERGENERAL ARBITRATION
-----------------------------
HERE IS THE DIAGRAM:
ibb.co/h8HDiF
BITCOIN PRICE WILL RISE, LIQUIDITY WILL INCREASE, APPLICATION WILL BE EXPANSIONED
THIS IS THE EGYPTIAN PYRAMID AND NEVER WILL BE RUINED

>mfw found a "wallet.dat" under a bitcoin folder from 2011 on my old hdd but can't remember if I ever tried mining

I downloaded Electrum to try opening it but it says the wallet file doesn't exist

Imagine the normies in 2030 when they find out BTC was only 2500 back then.

Poorcel cope. If you aren't born a rich Chad you got scammed.

>tfw you did know about it
>tfw you saw the threads introducing bitcoin when it was $2 = 1BTC
>tfw you called them scammers and said that online coins arent going anywhere then reported the thread

Bitcoin is going to be ruined by high "miner" fees once there are no more blocks left to mine, how will bitcoin maintain its network ?

Bancor, Nexus and others will be the future. The bitcoin is going to ass

>people dont pay unreasonable fees
>miners have to lower or quit
>difficulty drops
>network continues

How will the heavy network load be maintained if nobody is mining anymore ? Miners will have nothing to mine as Bitcoin will reach its cap, therefore making it null and void.

Bitcoin begins depreciating, sending BTC becomes expensive as fuc

You would sell it at $1, fgt.

as previous said, even if you had mined thousands of bitcoins, you would have sold them all years ago for 5$ or something

>It's easy to look back and see what we should have done, but when something isn't worth much you don't pay attention to it until it is

>until it is

You could buy it on gox that was easy as fuck. Just make a bank transfer

this is based on the presumption that bitcoins value at that time means that transaction fees wont cover the costs of running the network. ultimately as more miners leave the game because "it isn't profitable", the miners who remain will see better returns as they get more of the pie, covering their costs.

It's stupid to whine about this stuff desu.

You don't even need to go too far back in time, most who've been in this for a while probably have a trading history full of sells they'd regret now.

Not used to seeing this kind of wisdom on Veeky Forums

I knew about BTC in 2011 when ancap neckbeards first started mining. I heard about it again in 2015 after it crashed and it was like five bucks a coin.

You're far less to blame than I am. There's no reason why I couldn't have picked up a few at some point.

All these people who sold drugs on silkroad must be millionairs by now...right? SAD

I know one that is.

bitcoin has already failed as a currency. After all these years there are still little things you can buy with it. Also people using bitcoin to speculate, which is almost why everybody buy make the price volatile, hence not a viable currency. So for now it's just a speculative bubble until a better technology/coin comes up.

this is only 'wisdom' to poor people

that's retarded because money can help you achieve what you want to do because you wouldn't be a wagecuck. You can start your own business or foundation, help others etc. instead of wasting time making a living.
I guarantee you I would be more happy with a lot of money. I would live the nomadic life in comfy apps all around the world while creating something.

Probably larp, but spare a bit of coin?

1Jytk2VJ6emtzJhokfwuAdQg77WrrH9MdF

I agree. Bitcoin is just pure speculation with high fees and slow movement (at least it's faster than banks tho).

Still in crypto, it's crap. Just "brand name" crypto.

I fucking love BTC

19jfQUJbjAw7L8qTArPEW4RBQKy2L3zZ57
Send me dough and you'll get laid (I'm a Wizard)

So if now there are 200k pending transactions, I wonder what happens when there are way less miners

Fork will fix it and over the next decade as liquidity is added the volatility will become very little

Btc never went to $5 in 2015 m8

Been holding since like $5. Held through Mt Gox. Gonna cash out enough to retire on when it hits $6k.

that's a core wallet file, open it with core.

wallet.dat is for the Core client, can Electrum even open it? You should do some more analysis

I mined in early 2011 with good gpu non stop for 2 months and only got like 14 BTC

I remember first bubble that went to $30 I already planned to sell everything, but getting on exchange was somehow complicated

missing that first bubble made me quite pissed I remember it well. And it was small money at that time.

Lucikly I am still holding to this day

>maybe in 10 years people will be lamenting wishing they would have bought BTC in 2017.

they will say this when it hits 8 or 9k LMAO

oh I knew about it pretty early from /g/, I didn't have a computer I'd have been able to mine on but i could have still been involved and gotten some coins, but I ignored it to go post dank memes instead.

For real or larping?
17dnPKbHhqqCeA4xZ1qjMQXT2j3qwtSm1C
I'll even chuck in a sob story. I'm a full-time carer for my wife who is a C-5 quadriplegic. We have a one and two year old daughters.

This. I did mining in college because it didn't cost electricity but even back then it was hard to mine. Might spend $3-4k a month to make a few hundred IIRC. Make nothing if you were holding onto the coins instead of selling immediately.

Lol

I mined some BTC years ago, around 2011.

However, I completely forgot about it and it's long lost now.
I couldn't even tell you if I mined 10 BTC or just 0,00001.

>
>A friend and I went in $100 each. We were young and that was a lot of money for us as students.
>So 32k btc back then roughly. I've used some, sold some but still have over 25k btc.
So you bought them for 0.004usd/coin.

>Used three shitty laptops in 2009
>Had about half a Bitcoin through sinks and groups
>Forgot about it entirely
>My mom gave all three laptops to my great grandmother who died a month later
I have no idea what happened to those laptops, or my coins.

If you are legitimately bitching:

I was born on the spectrum (in other words, I'm a /b/ poster boy) and have been discrimated by the education system.

It is hardly unfair you didn't buy magic internet money that had no certainty about it.

This mind tricks the wealthy play on the poor to make them feel better with themselves so they don't kill them while they eat their 1000$ japanese steak and drink 2000$ worth of wine glasses in one sitting.

Only idiots get upset or sick from "having everything available"

If having all the time in the world and not worrying about money ever again makes you sick or bored or unappreciative of life or all it's fruit you should KYS.

It was batches of 50 back then if you mined individually, and not in a pool.

It's still not over.
Just MAKE SURE you don't miss the next big altcoin boom. Okay?

pic semi-related

wrong.

that was the second epic moon, my first. wasnt just mt fo, seversl major exchanges stole coins, got hacked, etc.

it was very hard to swallow that btc would resurge. it took 3 damn years which is more like 30 in cryptoland.

i held 4 btc from 2013 until now. at the time, i truly believed they were good as dead

I was reading about ethereum when it first came out and I could have bought enough for a Lambo now. But I bought 0. And I bought 0 BTC when it was 100

I wanna kms

I think I bought like 5$ worth when it was 50$ but lost the wallet because it was the last thing on my mind. Now I'm all in at the ATH...

That's the thing about bitcoins, they (were)are hideously expensive to mine, when nobody cares about them you make virtually nothing, when they explode you want to kill yourself.

Five years? If I had put $300 in ethereum five WEEKS ago I'd already have vacation flights paid for

keyword. bancor

same here famalam, i literally wouldve been a millionare if i wasn't too stupid. i had 2k ready to put down on it, but i couldnt figure out how to make a wallet because i panic when i cant figure something

Yup, if the end game is a life of boredom and being unappreciative of life itself.. Why are you still on the fucking treadmill? Why even try if you won't find any enjoyment out of life at the end game?

I feel sorry for you guys. But here's the truth. You can still achieve those dreams.

Decred will be $2500 two years from now

interested in making me lucky?
1L1718A9Wn6gCs6gBdToE6zU73JfeWFs1v

I've been in and out of BTC since it was around $10 or so and always sold before it exploded. The truth is that you always look back on how you missed out but the reality is there is no way you could have predicted the path things went. 7 years ago people saw the merits but it could have also all gone to shit at any moment.

Where does that leave you today?
1. Put some money aside that you don't mind losing
2. Take that money and get 50% in ETH, 25% in LTC, and 25% in BTC
3. Then transfer 10% BTC to exchange of choice and get some Altcoins like SC or XEM whatever the fuck you think looks good. Remember to read about what you are buying before investing.

Then just hold hold hold. Increase your position during dips for the big three when you can.

It's not to late to make money on this, so plant your tree today because you can't do it yesterday.

also whale user gib coin pls, i am poor african prince that lost country to warlords.
BTC:
1CijMtemGewNWCZm7nH8JwDJ8JZZ8wWGnd
ETH:
0x17475f3bd18b7ccf9639b3a19546010be016b915
LTC:
LcaBtUim7HaXqS2GmKVHHmoMQTbVE4KqgA

i really liked the edit

lol. Completely misspelled plant (planet) and my OCD kicked in.

Just buy into anything, Id reccomend eth, This is my first mistake i made with BTC

Having all the money to do with what you wanted with is different from having everything you wanted the second it came to you

Make it fall

lol forget your shitty vacations, we're talking actual life changing gains