What were the causations and build ups to the 1992 Los Angeles riots?

What were the causations and build ups to the 1992 Los Angeles riots?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King
youtube.com/watch?v=iFwA0UwnuS8
youtube.com/watch?v=An8LJ_fv0mo
youtube.com/watch?v=XuIY2I-kyKM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Christmas_(1951)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Parker_(police_officer)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kim Jong-il paid protesters to attack South Koreans in Cali.

like why did the whole city go berserk over it?

Granny with a gun shoots a girl who happens to be black and all the black people chimp out.

She killed a 15 year old girl because she thought she was trying to steal fucking orange juice. Security tape later showed that that the killed girl was holding a 2 dollar bill in her hand, meaning she probably meant to pay for it. The gook was fined 500 dollars and put on a parole, no prison sentence whatsoever.

>2 dollar bill
That seems too odd.

Maybe she deserved to be jailed, but that isn't a reason to chimp out and loot.

>mfw remember my dad trying to use a 2 dollar bill to buy gum at a convenience store and the cashier wouldn't accept it.
That's illegal right?

>blacks
>capable of not chimping out and looting things

>Whites chimp out, rape, murder and loot Native American land
>Whites chimp out, rape, murder and loot Native Australian land
>Whites chimp out, rape, murder and loot Native South African land
>Whites chimp out, rape, murder and loot Native Zimbabwe land
The race of peace strikes again

The causes of a riot are usually just the straw that breaks the camels back

South central LA had a myriad of factors that caused it to become dilapidated. Desegregation happened and virtually all of the educated and affluent blacks left. The good middle class Blue collar jobs left across the pacific and then across the border. The war on drugs targeted and jailed a generation of black men who could have been leaders in the community. The CIA flooded the streets with Central American drugs. New immigrants from Asia who were all almost exclusively upper class doctors,lawyers,businessmen,etc. all came over and started working the lower class jobs they once had a monopoly on.

russian hackers

Is there anything that they can't hack?

Nigger acting like nigger's
Reminder to Asians that once the west is done you're next
The left can't stand superior people, all have to be dumbed down to the lowesylt of low

Rodney fucking King anybody?

Someone finally caught the LAPD beating the living shit out of a black dude (with a video camera - it was 1992 so no phone camera newfags) and the local news put it on TV.

Then they let the cops off in the trial and the city chimped out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

>fight against cops just doing their duty
>then bitch when they don't handle you with kid gloves

media propaganda told the groids that they are being oppressed and every thing bad that happens to them is because "the man" be keepin em down n shiet so it was a powder keg waiting to be lit up

Rodney King was a cap driver with passengers who was speeding at like 80 miles per hour running from the police. He fucking deserved to get the shit beaten out of him.

I know that was the spark that started it but was it really such an outrage or was it something that was building up?

Cops beating up blacks had been happening since forever. The spark was that they had clear evidence showing the cops were full of shit and court let them off, thus showing the whole system was there to keep da black man down.

>thus showing the whole system was there to keep da black man down
No sane person deny that the courts were racist in that era

>Americans
>sane

>crack dealers
>leaders of the community
In what universe?

>South Africa had an indigenous population where whites settled
Going to war with stone age tribals is not chimping out

On top of this, CRASH had been specifically targeting black communities (rightfully desu) in an effort to clean up the city and quarantine the trash to a few areas (like Compton area Watts) and any outcry from the public was completely ignored. They were breaking down walls with fucking SWAT tanks, violating rights all over the place and no one cared if they didn't live in that community.

Takin about black panthers who would be arrested and killed for flimsy weed charges
Just like every other leftist group in America in the 70s

The big police crackdown didn't come until the 80's though and was focused on caine. The MUH WEED is a more phenomenon in this circle.

Depends, are $2 bills still valid tender?

I've got two of them and just keep them cause they're neat, so they can't be extremely rare.

t.subhuman nigger

Europeans belong in Europe. Africans belong in Africa.

Whites had no right to be raping, murdering, stealing land and chimping out in South Africa.

Whites chimp out so much in history. The race of peace.

>Japanese anime elf
kys

Yes, of course.

This idea that Natasha Harlan was just some innocent little kid is a bit ridiculous when you remember that she physically assaulted the owner behind the counter, punched her, and left without even attempting to pay.

But this was indeed the flash point for the LA riots, as the Korean woman just flew back to Korea without any punishment whatsoever.

It wasn't Rodney King. It was Latasha Harlan.

t. Guy whose mini mall burned in the LA riots.

Rodney King was lucky to be beat down. The first cop there was a woman, and she was backing up and pulling her firearm out when the men showed up. But for the men who beat him, he would have been shot by a small and incompetent woman cop.

Fun fact: Rodney King bought a house with a pool from the $3M he got from the city and subsequently drowned in the pool.

you're an idiot if you believe any race has not committed atrocities. Every race, group & ethnicity is damaged goods.

>heh, like, all sides are equally bad dude
fuck off

every side has committed rapes, atrocities, massacres and looting. To act as if yours is superior because the record of history says you committed less is no reason at all to call your side superior. History is written by the victors and most of human history is unwritten.

False moral equivalencies are the last refuge of the scoundrel.

The victorious US troops in Europe after WWII committed a handful of rapes.

The Soviets basically bred the next generation of Hungarians.

>CRASH had been specifically targeting black communities (rightfully desu) in an effort to clean up the city and quarantine the trash to a few areas (like Compton area Watts)

Compton isn't patrolled by LAPD though

CRASH worked outside of just LAPD.

>every side
Races aren't "sides" numbnuts. Obviously when people enter into conflict, bad things happen. You got triggered coz someone said white people do bad things, and then you act like white people are one "side" and other races are some different "side" and we're all in a big game of racist Risk or whatever. "To act is if my side is superior?" What the fuck are you talking about?

Races are absolutely sides.

You have apparently never been at a large mixed party when a fight broke out. I'll describe it for you.

The blacks will group together and attack. The mexicans will group together and attack. The asians will group together and attack. The whites will wander aimlessly around being attacked.

cool made up story retard, your imaginary scenario doesn't have anything to do with politics or history or reality. it's fine if you need little high school metaphors to understand the world but don't act all high and mighty about it

>You have apparently never been at a large mixed party when a fight broke out.
You say this like you expect other people to be complete pleb scum. Not everyone is poor/low class.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFwA0UwnuS8

Everytime I want to go get a fuckin brew
I gotta go down to the store with the two
oriental one-penny countin motherfuckers
that make a nigga made enough to cause a little ruckus
Thinkin every brother in the world's out to take
So they watch every damn move that I make
They hope I don't pull out a gat and try to rob
they funky little store, but bitch, I got a job
("Look you little Chinese motherfucker
I ain't tryin to steal none of yo' shit, leave me alone!"
"Mother-fuck you!")
Yo yo, check it out
So don't follow me, up and down your market
Or your little chop suey ass'll be a target
of the nationwide boycott
Juice with the people, that's what the boy got
So pay respect to the black fist
or we'll burn your store, right down to a crisp
And then we'll see ya!
Cause you can't turn the ghetto - into Black Korea

>Koreans get out REEEEE.

>t. Guy whose mini mall burned in the LA riots.
How old are you and what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

fuck your collectivist bullshit and fuck you

>On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and that a combination of alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP found in his system were contributing factors.

heh

youtube.com/watch?v=An8LJ_fv0mo

Watch this. Despite the subtitle it's actually a great overview of the entire situation in early 90s LA.

Ok i make it understandable

niggers gonna nig

you are an idiot and ignorant of history

It's sadder than that.

He blew all the money on drugs, went back to being a broke-ass drug addict, got a job and worked his way up to the pool he drowned in.

>Asians will group together and attack.
More like Asians will get their ass beat, then come back with a gang of 50 niggas and jump you and your whole gang. For a people that are only 5% of the American population, they have a remarkable to mobilize.

Good, one less nigger in the world. That lady can die knowing she did some good.

Nope, because Asians remain one of the most tribalistic racial groups. They almost never even adopt because the kid isn't blood related to you. Western liberalism will never take root in cultures like that.

This is the non-meme answer.

Try learn some actually African history, it's just as complex and full of noble deeds and grim atrocities as everyone else

>This is the non-meme answer.

>Ebin CIA conspiracies
>Non-meme answer.

t. Alex Jones. PS pls buy water filters.

Blacks used to be kangz but they aint anymore so they mad

Whites steal land, rape, muder, genocide on an industrial scale compared to anything other races do.

I may have overestimated how many of you have been to a party.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

And fishing.

I know this is bait, but I'll bite regardless.
Nope, Africans did that to each others centuries before any European ever thought of establishing a colony, and centuries after.
Just like every single continent in human existence.

It's fact not bait. How many indigenous people got genocided, raped and had their land stolen in America, Australia and Africa by whites? Millions? Tens of millions?

The scale is unimaginable.

If there is a race which can be called evil, it's white "people".

What color are you? Where did your ancestors come from?

I don't think you actually get the point I'm trying to make. Africans have been murdering the shit out of each others just as brutally as everyone else, conquered each other territory and doing a lot of other shit things. The premise of killing a person from another race than your own is somehow worse than killing someone from your own race doesn't hold up one bit.

Dinesh D'Souza wrote a book about it. "America: Imagine a World Without Her".

His main points were that the conquest ideology of the world began thousands of years ago, as did slavery, but America was the only country to fight a civil war to end slavery.

He noted that the Sioux took land from the Apache took land from the Comanche took land from the Arapaho; so who would you give it back to? (tribal names merely used for convenience)

so your conclusion is that europeans perform better at everything including and especially the ultimate test of man, war.

>But this was indeed the flash point for the LA riots, as the Korean woman just flew back to Korea without any punishment whatsoever.
No she didn't you fucking retard. The judge gave her probation and still lives in California.

I agree that it was bullshit that Latasha got shot in the BACK as she was leaving the store and tossed the juice on the counter.

The whole incident was just a shitstorm that spiraled out of control. If Latasha hadn't put the bottle in her backpack or if the storeowner hadn't automatically assumed that Latasha wasn't going to pay, nothing would've happened. This was just a recipe for disaster.

Wrong. The Yanks didn't not fight to free slaves, not one bit. They killed and died to keep the union together and also to protect their economic interests since there was no way Northerner workers could compete with slaves.

I find this shit funny because blacks AND Asians are equally racist to one another and try to claim a moral high ground.

The racist ass LAPD.

youtube.com/watch?v=XuIY2I-kyKM
Korean commits animal abuse on a dog, gets 30 years. Korean shoots a black girl in the back, gets a slap on the wrist. American """"justice""""

Slavery
Civil War
13th Amendment
No Slavery

Pretty simple timeline.

You mean 30 days?

Pretty sure she caught a jet for Korea after being released.

She may have moved back since.

white oppression, prejudice and systematic racism. The riot was not racist against white people because racism is prejudice + power.

LAPD cant be pretty fucking ruthless. See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Christmas_(1951)
This was in LA Confidential btw. Good film

Thank this guy for its legacy on policing:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Parker_(police_officer)

Well society tends to favor the person who is proactive in protecting their property, attends church (not Roman Catholic), and produces well-educated productive members of society.

A day after Korean-born grocer Soon Ja Du sought court permission to revisit her native country, her attorney withdrew the request Wednesday because of a recently launched federal civil rights investigation into her fatal shooting of a black teen-ager.

Du--sentenced a year ago to probation for killing 15-year-old Latasha Harlins in a case that inflamed tensions between the city's African-American and Korean-American communities--had sought permission from Los Angeles Superior Court to return to South Korea.

But Assistant Atty. Gen. John R. Dunne, in a letter to the district attorney's office, asked that Du remain in the country pending the completion of a U.S. Justice Department "inquiry to determine whether any federal statutes were violated."

Du's attorney, Charles Lloyd, said he had been unaware of the federal investigation, and he withdrew the 51-year-old Du's request before Judge Lance Ito "in light of the opposition raised." Under the terms of her probation, Du would need court permission to leave the country.

>I believe that no federal inquiry led to Du going to Korea unimpeded.

fuck, my bad. REEEEEE

>female judge
God damn it

I know, but it's really funny how volatile non-whites are with each other. Asians can say shit that makes a Klansmen or Nazi blush while blacks and Hispanics are equally as volatile. This is why the US is a nation founded by myth. The only reason WHY we have this idea of diversity is because so long as white are in the majority and control all the political and economic capital, they'll tolerate a couple non-whites.

And then there's always the tried-and-true tactic of pitting ethnic groups against one another. This is why Asian-American SJWs who side with Black Lives Matter are funny as fuck because blacks don't like them. Hispanics view blacks, whites, and Asians with equal derision. By 2050, Hispanics will be the largest ethnic group so it's gonna make for some REALLY interesting political squabbles.

Female judge - Jew
Female shooter - Korean
Female victim - ghetto black

That's why people focus on Rodney King causing the riots; they don't want to blame the real cause.

They are blacks they cant comprehend not chimping out over something that makes them mad literally, they ask so surprised when you get disgusted at the uncivilized nonsense they did in Baltimore, Milwaukee and Charleston.

If whites were as violent as niggers white people would never make it past the neolithic because they would too busy torturing eachother for fun like blacks did since the beginning of their existence.

Whites are very brutal, but they also have the advantage of doing it selectively as a science.

Courts were racist because black people cant act civilized, wtf do you expect whites from decades ago to do when they notice the slave spawn keeps on commiting rampant acts of uncivilized behavior of course they become racist and even stop trying to act fair towards blacks because they start to see them all as menaces to society.

Being fair with blacks is the reason North America is crawling with psychopathic black gangs allover.

Again you retarded nigger if we were as violent as you we would still be in the stone age you fucking idiot. Even white idiots are not as mindlessly violent as the average nigger.

Really it's whoever came together sticks together. It just so happens most friends groups in the US are segregated (at least most of the ones around where I am).

I only have two black friends but if I went to something with them and some shit started we'd have each other's backs no matter what race is involved just because we know each other.

What I mean is that by the Middle Ages and Renaissance, whites finely-tuned warfare after centuries of dealing with it. It's why Europeans were quite successful in colonizing the rest of the world. Particularly the British.

>If whites were as violent as niggers
You're right, they're not as violent - whites are much much more violent and cruel. They are the devil in human form.

>Columbus and his crew, landing on an island in the Bahamas on October 12, 1492, were the first Europeans to encounter the Taíno people. Columbus described the Taínos as a physically tall, well-proportioned people, with a noble and kind personality.
>Columbus wrote:
They traded with us and gave us everything they had, with good will ... they took great delight in pleasing us ... They are very gentle and without knowledge of what is evil; nor do they murder or steal...Your highness may believe that in all the world there can be no better people ... They love their neighbours as themselves, and they have the sweetest talk in the world, and are gentle and always laughing.
>On Columbus' second voyage, he began to require tribute from the Taíno in Hispaniola. According to Kirkpatrick Sale, each adult over 14 years of age was expected to deliver a hawks bell full of gold every three months, or when this was lacking, twenty-five pounds of spun cotton. If this tribute was not brought, the Spanish cut off the hands of the Taíno and left them to bleed to death

/pol/ go back please.

It's amazing how whites can be on their high-horse about universal human rights when they wiped out Native Americans so they can take over the land. Oh it's not our fault because it wasn't done on purpose. It also helps there's not enough Native Americans to do anything about it today.

Same applies to Australia, New Zealand, South America, and anywhere else where whites settled.

It's precisely because whites are more violent than the average niggers that they advanced civilization. please learn about history before posting on a history board you mouth breathing retard.
You're understanding of history is as poor as a niggers'. Kys .

This there's a reason whites are the best at fighting and any other race would be just as good if they had been in the same environment because we're all human. But they weren't. That's nature for you.

>catholics

If whites were evil you would be extinct you stupid nigger or still in chains.
No you are fucking stupid, if whites were as violent as blacks we would be just like blacks and stuck in 32,000 B.C in terms of everything including social relations. Whites only advanced because unlike niggers we could hold back our savagery to help eachother.

He's right, though. The large police crackdown came after 1979 due to gang violence from the coke epidemic which evolved into the crack epidemic. It had nothing to do with the Black Panthers (especially since it was after their height) or anything to do with marijuana.

well. /pol/ ruined the thread. Time to abandon it

>What was WW2/1?
Anyway it's pointless arguing with you /pol/.

God you niggers are dumb, war violence is not the same as civilian violence. You niggers commit ludicrous amounts of civilian violence in contrast to us who commit barely any at all, thats why the safest places in America are white majority while the most dangerous are nigger majority.