Which is better? An intelligent friend or a trustworthy one?

Which is better? An intelligent friend or a trustworthy one?

A loyal friend

pan fried eggs and two strips of bacon

Trustworthy. Not a question.

Trustworthy
What else is a fucking friend then you fucking imbecile

Intelligent. I don't require loyalty from my friends, only that they be able to interest me.

mmm yummy

>tips

Are you an anime villain?

If you can't trust a friend, he's not your friend, is he?

In a friend, the last thing you want is a smart and untrustworthy. Hell, even dumb and untrustworthy is preferable to that.

For partner in a venture, however, assuming the task requires any cunning, you want smart over trustworthy, so long as your interests are mutual. (Gods help you when they are no longer though.)

>having friends
normie shit

>use partner to achieve goal
>kill him and anyone sympathetic to him to get all the rewards
As Machiavelli says, Don't keep promises you don't have to

Meh, I've had some friends that I could throw further than I could trust, and nonetheless referred to them as such.

But it is an undesirable quality, and yes, tends to make them temporary friends.

At the same time, if you know them well enough to predict their behavior, it's easier to avoid the inevitable knife to the back. (Also to warn other friends, "If you keep treating her that way she is going to fuck you in the ass.")

Yes, you can be friends with the scorpion, just don't give it any piggy back rides across rivers.

THAT IS A CAPTIOUS QUESTION; ONE OF THE REQUISITES FOR FRIENDSHIP IS MUTUAL TRUST, SO, IF SOMEONE IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY, THAT PERSON, NECESSARILY, CANNOT BE ONE'S FRIEND.

If you are in a position of power: a trustworthy one
If you are not in a position of power: an intelligent one

There's no honor among thieves, but there's plenty of friendships among them.

...Oh fug, I just gave all caps namefag a (you) and didn't even report him.

1. THE CONDITION OF THIEF BY ITSELF IS NO INDICATIVE OF ETHICOMORAL QUALITY; THE REASON FOR STEALING, AND TO WHOM DOES ONE STEAL, ARE BETTER ETHICOMORAL QUALITY INDICATORS.

2. HONOUR, AND TRUSTWORTHINESS, ARE RELATED, BUT THEY ARE NOT MUTUALLY INTERDEPENDENT, NOR MUTUALLY EQUIVALENT, AS YOU SEEM TO ERRONEOUSLY BELIEVE.

3. IF THERE IS AUTHENTIC FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN TWO PERSONS, IT IS BECAUSE THERE IS MUTUAL TRUST BETWEEN THEM, REGARDLESS OF THEIR OCCUPATION, OR OF WHETHER THEY ARE HONOURABLE PERSONS.

Go visit some drug den sometime - see how many think of one another as friends, vs. how many actually trust their friends.

There's also degrees of trust... He's a friend, I enjoy his company, I like to hang out with him - but I wouldn't want to be trapped on a desert island with him or let him know I have a winning lottery ticket before I cashed it.

Even bad people have friends - they just make for shit friends.

YOU ARE DESCRIBING ACQUAINTANCES, NOT FRIENDS.

I always hang out with people dumber than me because of my insatiable appetite to feel superior.

You don't share your deepest childhood scars and romantic tragedies with your acquaintances as they help you puke your guts out.

Yes, you probably trust them to some degree or other, but they do not have to be trustworthy in general or when it comes to particulars. You may trust them with your emotions, but not your money, and the like.

Speaking of money, how much would I have to pay you to quit it with the all caps?

This

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'position of power.' Do you mean wealthy and powerful through your assets? I am not this, but I am better off than most of my friends.

You're annoying

So you'd rather be constantly worried about being stabbed in the back? I can already guess that your reply will be something along the lines of 'i cannot be outwitted.' This is naive. The moment you let your guard down, they'll devour you.'

Life isn't an anime.

A sexually experienced one.