“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.”—Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.”—Matthew 10:34

Remember folks, whenever anything in the Bible seems contradictory, or false, or wicked, or downright dumb, "It's just a metaphor :^)"

That pretty much proves that if you're not killing every non-christian savage is this world you're not a real christian

ITT: retarded idiots. Jesus meant that pagan families and societies would be divided thanks to his teachings.

Aye, taking the text out of context is a pretext for a lie.

But we don't have the context, all we have is the proven to be fictional narrative of the Gospels.

"Kill all unbelievers, don't have sex with women, no banking, no fun, hate yourself, no pork, cut your dick, kill all faggots - no looking at women either."

Paul: hmmm pretty bitching desert religion just needs some adjustments

"Be yourself, fuck whatever, eat whatever, tithe to the church and pope, no bad vibes, live forever, chill on sunday instead of saturday"

4/10, almost got me

O.G.

Heh. He did a good job.

Gas the kikes and no race mixing and it would be perfect.

Exactly wrong, Jesus instructs his jihadis to avoid pagan and Samaritan cities and to stir shit up only in Jewish areas.

It's odd that you think you have better sources for what Jesus said than the bible.

>I don't own a Bible
>I believe everything my sociology professor tells me
>Professor Goldstein would never lie like a pastor or a theologian

What he SAID, absolutely, those passages in red which begin with, "Jesus said..." are almost certainly authentic, it's the story being told, the narrative these authentic sayings are framed in, that is fictional, or more accurately , metaphorical.

So trust bible if red ink, do not trust bible if black ink.

kek

If Paul was never born you would be following the torah - all of moses' laws and probably some random oral bullshit too

>avoid Samaritan cities
>when Jesus makes a point about accepting samaritans

>Don't do that
>t. God
cool religion guys

I was trying to make it easier for you to understand, but clearly you were far stupider than I thought.

You mean he was shamed into begrudgingly helping a Samaritan one time? Besides, go read Matthew 10 for yourself, it specifically says to avoid gentiles and samaritans.

"Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house..." - 2 Samuel 12:10

He said so after being rejected by a Samaritan population. Afterwards, he made it clear that his Gospel should be shared with everyone.

Nice Jesus appeared because we'd just had centuries of harsh jesus and christian numbers were constantly plummeting. It was a way of the church to adapt to a society that wasn't scared of him anymore. Even now in a lot of first world countries the number of religious people is going down. It's the same reason why Benedict was elected, because a message of intolerance didn't work as well anymore.
Although western society seems to be hardening in their stances and dropping the tolerance lately

Islam is the true answer, Jesus was a muslim prophet.

>Tolerance is easy

Fucking hell this guy could rise nations.

>Didn't read what follows after in revelations

Weak bait.

Are you retarded? Or merely pretending?

Read it in context it's pretty obvious that he means he will 'bring the sword' in the sense that he will cause 'the sword' by claiming to be the son of God. He is saying his presence will cause violence to be brought to him and his followers and divide families and so on (as opposed to just simply winning everyone over and causing peace).

>tl;dr : By 'bring' he means 'cause'.

Wow wtf man

This is stirring and poignant but I only fear that most Christians would take the "sword" of Christianity too far and apply righteous anger and passionate action too far, i.e. Westboro baptist church or good old fashion Christian jihadism

>everything I don't like is heresy: the posts

By the way, why don't any of you keyboard crusaders actually do something about these unforgivable heresies? Why do you wait until someone else gets of his ass and plunges the sword of righteousness in the necks of the filthy nonbelievers?

Could it be that you people don't believe in any of this and spout this stuff because society has abandoned you? Could it be that this vengence filled version of Christianity is nothing but a temper tantrum thrown by a bunch of sad, lonely nobodies who are angry at everything because everyone but them, the mighty elect of God himself, would not praise their righteous way?

Honestly, with every passing day, Christian fundamentalism seems less and less like an actual worldview and more and more like a coping mechanism for narsicistic betas. Grow the fuck up already

>tfw you can be a ancient Germanic warrior and still Christian

"earth"

Except they didn't have a concept of earth back then. He probably meant peace to the middle east

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Not an argument.

Is there any difference?
While you pretend to be someone else you are being them by de facto.

sick dubs

You clearly stated that you can believe what Jesus says in the bible, as delineated in red ink, but you cannot believe whatever else is in the bible, written in black ink.

Are you that prejudiced against black ink?

He was not rejected by the Samaritans at all. The woman at the well led her entire village to a saving knowledge of Jesus the messiah.

Jesus was rejected by the Jews. The Samaritans were half-breeds, and the Jews despised them and wouldn't even let them on temple grounds.

Jesus came to save the Jews. Because the Jews rejected him, salvation was opened to both Jew and Gentile.

But salvation first came through the Jews.

>Jews wanted a prophet of war
>kill him because supposably he was a prophet of peace
>they got the wrong guy

>Jews wanted another Judah the Hammer
>Got a guy instead who worked with a hammer.
>Killed him.

>Could it be that you people don't believe in any of this and spout this stuff because society has abandoned you?
And does that make them wrong? If they have been left behind by society, could it not be that Society has gone astray instead? I'm sure you spout nonsense about how 'individualistic' you are, and then you go and say collectivist shit like this: "Do what society is doing, go- er I mean guy. Society knows best!"