If you were forced to fight in any army in history which army would it be, which unit, and why?

If you were forced to fight in any army in history which army would it be, which unit, and why?

i'll start, i'd probably join the French or their allied Germans as a Jager or light infantry

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Thousand_Sons_of_Saint_Louis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Modern American army

Logistical Unit

>No danger
>Free gibs
>Free food
>Free medical
>Free Gym
>Not deployed
>Get to advance grades by simply doing my job because the """Americans""" in logistics don't.

This

>get deployed in okinawa
>scratch your ass for a few years
>come back
>you get gibmedats
>people constantly thank your for your service
>law enforcement is more lenient towards you
best shit ever

heard that cops and vets are usually antagonistic to each other

>cops are butthurt that they serve the country but aren't regarded in the same light as vets
>vets that go on to becomes cops usually seem to be overbearing dickheads that make other cops look bad

True for Veteran non cops but it's simply because vets serve a different role.
Fact of the matter is that Cops do the thankless job and can never have a normal relationship with civilians.

People have forgotten that, even welfare queen 3rd class and Sgt GibeKang

I'd like to be in the British army under General Kitchener at Omdurman.

Mowing down a horde of ill-equipped savages in Africa would be so satisfying.

Modern day US Army, in Delta Force. Being the biggest badasses in the world while also enjoying modern comforts and US military logistics.

fpbp
survive, get experience, get status, get gibbedats, any other answer is more or less wrong.

Probably join the Carthaginian elephant calvary.

A lot of cops are often vets themselves.

And dying from them would be so humiliating
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana

Probably the most advanced warfare unit of all time, 65,000 BC serving the Finnish Khanate in the orbital bombardment section in the Hyperwar

Cavalry in the Conquest of Mexico.
See things no one in your whole continent had seen before, feel like a DinastyWarriors character mowing down with my spear or sword hordes of Nahuas, get rich in territory, women, gold and respect and live and die surrounded with my Iberian sons, while half the hacienda woman carry my half-breed children.

i'll go with the effay uniforms tbqh

>French or their allied Germans as a Jager or light infantry
Good luck in Spain and Russia

French Army, 1820's, Artillery officer
I get to wear effay uniforms, blow shit up, get a paid vacation to Spain to blow their shit up and have a huge headstart in society as a bonus.
What's not to like?

>Waffen SS
>Any front-line unit
Because I want to wear a cool uniform while committing atrocities and killing Russians and shit

>boring black
cmon

The Grande Armée of course.

>tfw you will never fight for Le Empereur

1970s/1980s British Army 22 SAS.

Cool as cat shit.

I want to work as german officer In auschwitz as gas technician

i'll be both soon, just a year left on my tour and i'll get my gibsmedats

>1820
>wanting to serve during a post-defeat boring era rather than at the height of glory a decade earlier

>ywn wake up naked in the snow and covered in blood few hours after losing consciousness when a cannonball exploded near you

>ywn witness the godawful horrors of the rotting Borodino battlefield a month after the battle when retreating from Moscow through a chill Russian autumn with your belly empty

Texan revolution, Texan side. Don't even care what battle, even if it was the Alamo.

Fighting for homeland would probably be one of the most exhilarating conflicts one could participate in.

Ww2
Battle of lundehogda and midtskogen in norway
His majesty the King's guard
1 company
3 platoon

Takeda Katsuyoris, doesn't matter where in the army, and to use my knowledge of the future to avoid the fate of the takeda clan at the battle of nagashino and change japanese history in favor of samurai stronk because weeb memes.

>wanting 230% more chances of dying to enemy fire and 3000% more chances of dying of some stupid disease while on campaign.
I'll take my comfy restoration post thank you very much.
Plus it's not like you wouldn't see action
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Thousand_Sons_of_Saint_Louis

That one army which marched to war and ended up coming back with no casualties plus one extra guy they made friends with on the way.

Lichtensteinese army during the Austro-Italian or Austro-Prussian war IIRC