“America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition...

>“America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest.
>It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate”

Do atheists/materialists have any good argument against this?

it is suspect to demand adherence to "authentic" spirituality on a societal level not simply because of avoiding unintended consequences but for the detail that such authentic spirituality is only achieved when the "germination" of that spirituality is personal. It has to be personal because otherwise it isn't true.

What is his argument exactly?

He's almost 100% right, but the real origin of this modernist capitalist garbage is England, not America. America merely adopted it.

Seems like a utopia to me. I wish this was true.

Zoroastrianism is the only solution to America's disease

The irony is that America's position was built on spirituality. We're founded upon the idea of a City on a Hill and our quest for bigger, better, more is merely a symptom of that.

[(((Protestantism))) intensifies]

>mfw papist tries to talk about national loyalty near me

>Eurofags

Why would a materialist argue against a statement that says "man has become a quantifiable mechanism of production without any transcendent philosophy" Isn't that exactly what they want? Abolish any notions of virtue, justice, beauty, and self have a society based purely on numbers and production and quantifiable datum and mass social conformity to the demands of those numbers? What do you want them to argue against?

atheists fucking BTFO

how old were you when you realised there was not a SINGLE atheist civilisation in history

>soulless greatness
>purely technological and collective nature
>lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spiritualist
Do people actually take this shit seriously? What the fuck is he basing this on? Communist propaganda from the 1930s?
>it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest.
Oh yes, but Europe, they strive for spiritual beauty! Colonization? No that was missionary work ;)
The United States is a direct product of European culture minus a rigid class structure and direct influence of the catholic church

People only complain about materialism in a society where all material needs or desires are easily satisfied. They take for granted that their comfy existence is the natural state of the world and fail to realize that it is the product of the materialist society they criticize.

Evola's message would sound much less appealing to the people of the medieval/ancient world he idolizes.

yeah, its a bunch of buzzwords and subjective opinions.

Was Rome great because of its strong spiritual values, or because it had a lot of man power and a well organized military? Russia expanded by creating a military that people regarded as a death sentence to join. France back stabbed and created a large army to climb to the top of Europe.

Holding military parades and lavish religious ceremonies might create a sense of awe, but it was blood and iron that made empires.

You're basically saying that heroin addicts are retards if they criticize heroin addiction.

heroin doesn't increase your life expectancy, or raise your standard of living. If it did it would probably be legal

I think most humans tend to be food addicted and shelter addicted.

If you cut them off from the supply, they go fucking crazy.

>standard of living
>eating garbage food, working more hours than our medieval ancestors did, in a world of family destruction, planned obsolence, overreliance on antibiotics and civilizational diseases that didn't exist 150 years ago

If someone told you he can increase your lifespan by having you hooked to a bunch of tubes in a soulless, sterile room since birth, would you go for it?

Materialism is for plebs. American culture generally sucks, but so does everything because we're living in the middle of the Kali Yuga. Gotta ride that tiger, boi.

>he thinks the industrial revolution didn't CAUSE the homelesness epidemic

>food addicted and shelter addicted.

wat

>eating garbage food

I have a choice between garbage food and good food, and I would rather have garbage food than not enough.

> in a world of family destruction
I would rather Give people choices and destroy the tradtional family than force people into social roles.
>planned obsolence
Better than dieing young.

>overreliance on antibiotics and civilizational diseases that didn't exist 150 years ago

Do you know what Mumps and scarlet fever were like?

>If someone told you he can increase your lifespan by having you hooked to a bunch of tubes in a soulless, sterile room since birth, would you go for it?

false equivalency, what you described in not only "spiritually" empty but materialistically as well since you couldn't enjoy the materialistic benefits of that long life.

>Better than dieing young.
How?

Measuring value in numbers is a purely materialistic thinking, living for 70 years is not inherently better than living for 40 just because it's a larger number.

mfw not a single person has replied to this enlightened post because they know i'm right

You can have a balance dude. Modern society rebels and destroys traditions just because. As an example I've yet to hear an objective or logical argument on why promoting and normalizing transsexuals is good. I understand from an American perspective of freedom first and letting people live their lives but objectively why or how is it good for society.

>living for 70 years is not inherently better than living for 40 just because it's a larger number.

Of course there can be cases where this is true, but most of us fight death at least until our bodies are broken if not longer. So to most people a long life is desirable.

>You can have a balance dude.

Sure we can, and is a modern society some people will chose tradtion for themselves and that fine.

>As an example I've yet to hear an objective or logical argument on why promoting and normalizing transsexuals is good.

It might not be good, except for transsexuals, but its not my job to dictate what society deems acceptable

>arguing from the point of a biological instinct
It's like materialists are unable to burst out of their bubble for a second.

What basis would you argue on then? Do you prefer a short life pursuing spiritual pursuits? And if so do you think the general public would a agree with you? Would you try to force them to live such a life for the "common good".

That americans are digusting promiscuous niggers who are destroying what they can't understand:european core values and civilizations.

>people are addicted to what keeps them alive
wow

Why would I want to argue against it? He's just describing what made America great.

But Evola has just claimed established America is de facto atheistic despite pretenses of spirituality.

>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Actually he claims, like Jung did, that America is negrotheist.

No, it sounds about right, even from a materialistic perspective. Though Stirner had actually already come up with a more effective critique of modernity a century before Evola, and the post-structuralist critiques were better adapted to point out the cracks in the ideological underpinnings of modernity.

But the fact is there's really no way out, as opting out of the materialistic rat race means that the other societies that continue to take part in it will be able to effortlessly stomp flat the one opting out; spiritual transcendence is great until you have tanks rolling through your capital and guys in jackboots forcing you into a camp.

What he's missing is that the basis of every society is atheistic, the spiritual trappings are window-dressing over the basic material realities of the human animals and their needs.

That's true, but America was founded on modernity and embodies it to its greatest extent. At least the English can trace their civilization back to the ages of tradition, so they still have something to look up to.

>ackshully america, the freest and most individualistic society ever created by mankind, is really an oppressive machine whose citizens are merely soulless cogs turning for the benefit of their unseen oppressor

the john green of his day

He's right.

Like I explained in , he never denied that Europe isn't in the same crisis as America. The point is that America as a civilization was founded on materialism, whereas Europe actually has a history of tradition.

Rome's greatness was a result of the quest for transcendence. For example, war was seen as a vessel for spirituality, where warriors could exceed the material world through heroism and the experience of war. It gave them a higher meaning than to simply serve the will of their betters. Even those who fought solely for the benefit of Rome saw a spiritual purpose for doing so. Military parades on the other hand helped make people confident of the things they respected and strove for. If a modern army had the same values as the Romans did, it would be unstoppable.

"The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers or the prayers of the faithful."

Religious ceremonies were also a way of achieving transcendence and achieving oneness with the divine.

America has a 'true spirituality' rooted in Protestantism and evangelism
Look into the Great Awakenings and the grassroots, populist, and democratic forms of American spirituality

Their great disadvantage is that the US has always been pluralist
In colonial times, you had the dichotomy of the peace-loving tolerant Quakers and the authoritarian Puritans.

As the US became more spiritually bankrupt and materialistic as Evola points out, there were strange reactions in the form of Mormonism, JWs, Shakers, Pentecostals, televangelism, etc.

>America has a 'true spirituality' rooted in Protestantism and evangelism

Who said this? It's 100% on-point.

>America ... has created a civilization that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition: European tradition was based around religious cuckoldry but America lacks spirituality and is highly wealthy and productive.

Good.

Eat shit butthurt europoors.

>europe is mostly secular while america is highly christian

what did he meme by this?

>Protestant spirituality
You read scripture literally. You're devoid of all spirituality.

Yet Bruce Bannon will still try to claim that Evola supports his vision of war between "Judeo-Christian West" embodied in America against the islamic world.

Written by a bitter American

This country is what you make of it. What you say about society is what you say about yourself

I'm pretty sure that's a fallacy, can't remember the name though.

The solution to all these problems sure isn't traditionalist-mystical-luddite-wankery.

It's fully automated luxury singularity gommunism

Fetishizing judaism to the point of cutting pieces of your children's dick is not spirituality.

You can be atheist and spiritual too. Atheism just means no belief in God. Not religious beliefs have concept of a deity or deities. Atheists can o be against materialism too.

I agree, and I love it.

So European core values and civilizations are so weak and flimsy that they can be easily destroyed by disgusting promiscuous niggers? Sounds like a great culture.

The United States of America was the first state to be funded on Freemasonic values.

Evola wasn't even around when America was a country

>Do atheists/materialists have any good argument against this?

Against what? Impotent hate from some Italian cripple against the most powerful empire the world had ever seen?

wat

what?

well he's right then

>transcendence
lmao. evola was a mystical idiot. you simply cant transcend the senses and discursive reason and derive principles from noumena. it's not within the capability of man. You can have justified faith in these things, but not knowledge. faith does not justify radical action.

>America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition.

Ancient European "tradition" was not one thing, and would be alien to the modern understanding of European civilization as it was considered in Evolas time.

He's also be wrong even if that was the case, considering how much the early founders of the USA modeled their government off of Ancient Greece and Rome.

Evola is the most based Italian since Caesar. Prove me wrong. He even has the same first name and looks very Roman as well.

what a fucking edgelord

even the best turd is still a turd.

He's better than meme philosophers like Kant to me at least.

>Americans aren't spiritual! They just love money and Jews!
>Stupid Americans, why do they love God and Jesus so much instead of being atheists like me!
Lel

>Taking anything "Rape is a form of sexual magic" man says seriously

Lmao

I've actually heard atheists claim Buddhist civilizations as atheist because they don't worship a deity but rather some cosmic power or something. The guy I remember talking to this about was pretty fucking retarded though.

During Evola's life, half of Europe was protestant

There are sects of Buddhism that believe that Buddha isn't a deity, but they're marginal and don't have a presence outside of India.

Evola is referring to transcendence of the soul and the spirit, not transcendence of the physical human body.

The traditional principles that Evola speaks of are not derived from spirituality; they existed for the purpose of achieving transcendence.

A Buddhist monk may well tell you that Buddha is not a god and he'll be correct. Siddharta Gautama was a man, flesh and blood. He became the Buddha through enlightenment. A lay person may tell you that no no, of course Buddha is a god and the monk will not dispute that.

Not the same user, but I don't think any Buddhists believe he is a deity. Buddha was born as a man, so there's no way anybody could justify that. However, they do believe in the idea of supernatural events and beings, so it's still wrong to call them atheistic.

Yes. I like my video games more than I like going to church. It's a conscious, deliberate and willful decision and the best you can do it tell me I'm going to hell.

You don't know anything about Buddhism.

ITT: Protestant """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""spirituality""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I never said I did. I'm talking about the followers of Buddhism, not the religion itself.

>man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate
you mean literally exactly every other civilization in human history without even a single exception?

idealism is a spook

>Implying Veeky Forums doesn't belong to the Roman Catholics
>Protestants making up more than a handful of exceptionally loud posters.

I like Evola but you need to redact that statement before someone gets hurt.

Oh yeah I'm sure all those medieval people sure would like to see widespread Sodomy and degeneracy in exchange for a mcdouble.

If you don't know the name don't comment about it. You just tell everyone you're ignorant on the topic.

Depends which medieval person at what time period and what place. You nab one from the middle of a famine or war, and they'd probably only start bitching once they got comfortable with the idea of having access to material plenty.

The quest for profit and productivity is Protestant, not American. btfo

OMG THIS IS SO RACIST SOMEONE BURN THIS GUYS BOOKS

Sorry user, your kantian bullshit was already discredited by Hegel. Absolute knowledge is possible for brief moments.

You have so much to learn