Now that the dust has settled, who was the Zodiac Killer? Furthermore...

Now that the dust has settled, who was the Zodiac Killer? Furthermore, why aren't there any famous serial killers these days? Have the police just gotten more incompetent?

Ted Cruz

>Furthermore, why aren't there any famous serial killers these days?
Now it's more fashionable to kill a bunch of people at once.

As I understand it, the police have under the table agreements with journalists that the media not report on serial killers, justified by an argument that it encourages the serial killer to kill more people to stay in the papers and fuck with journalists.

Also copycats.

The Police caught on that by allowing the media to run countless stories about various serial killers was actually impeding their investigations. Lots of people confessing to things they never did, copy-cat killers popping up, the fame of serial killers giving inspiration to other people. If a serial killer also hears about his crimes on tv it give him time to clean up any loose ends he has before disappearing forever.

Notice how mass-shootings increase once they started getting lots of media attention? Its the same thing, its just harder for police to keep quiet about a mass shooting than a serial killer.

This sounds likely. Similar to how the media rarely report suicides unless it's a famous person because it encourages other people to do it.

>there are hundreds of serial killers operating across the US RIGHT NOW and you'll never even hear about them

spooky desu

>why aren't there any famous serial killers these days?
Meanwhile in Twitter.
>BRO MY NEIGHBOR IS LITERALLY A SERIAL KILLER

Long haul truckers kill a lot apparently. Like a lot.

Milosevic

Pol Pot

this desu. I wonder what the figures are for other countries.

That's a kind of fun, trips to you.

Can someone elaborate on that ?

>This sounds likely.
Oh yeah therefore it MUST be true. dumbass. The real reason is because the peak of serial killing happened before we had DNA testing. There are still serial killers who live in the ghetto or who are long haul truckers who will probably never get caught.

The Harwood Butcher

zodiac was a good movie tbqh

long haul truckers have a lifestyle that lends itself to serial killing. Prostitutes sell themselves at truck stops, so they are easy victims that won't be reported missing for a while. By the time a body is found the killer could be two states away. I read the FBI graphed murder victims found against highway routes and the trucker's routes were lit up with unsolved cases.

we have terrorists now not serial killers
it's just the meme of today
memes change

Bernie Sanders.