In two hours, an asteroid will hit the Earth of such magnitude that all life will be destroyed

In two hours, an asteroid will hit the Earth of such magnitude that all life will be destroyed.

By chance you have found yourself alone with a beautiful woman. It would be easy to overpower her, she cannot get away, and nobody is around.

In such a situation, a theist would never take advantage of the woman.

An atheist on the other hand easily could if they so desired it, and certainly would if they were completely rational.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/03/when_is_it_okay_to_rape_a_woma.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Projecting: the thread.

you forget that 24/25th of people are not sociopaths, meaning they feel empathy. unless I have some sort of grudge against a person I won't be able to seriously harm someone without feeling an immense amount of emotional pain, which I certainly don't want to feel for my remaining 2 hours

>In two hours, an asteroid will hit the Earth of such magnitude that all life will be destroyed.
About fucking time.

In two hours, an British biologist will make an argument with such magnitude that all religions will be destroyed.

By chance you have found yourself alone with a beautiful woman. It would be easy to overpower her, she cannot get away, and nobody is around.

In such a situation, an atheist would never take advantage of the woman.

A theist on the other hand easily could if they so desired it, and certainly would if they were completely rational.

>In two hours
I only need five minutes. What am I supposed to do with her for the remaining 1:55 hour? I'd rather not do anything and ask her to leave me alone in the room.

& Humanities strikes again.

post-rape cuddle?

kill her fuck the corpse

The last thing I want to see before I leave this earth is a fucking roastie.

>having been killed by an earth destroying asteroid without engaging in at least 1 post-rape cuddle

The completely rational thing to do would be to act in your self interest. If the atheist had a conscience, as almost everyone does, raping the woman would trigger feelings of immense shame and guilt, which isn't in his self interest, and may not be worth the sexual pleasure of raping the woman.
Hence whether it would be rational to rape the woman in this situation really just depends on how much of a prick you are, and many if not most atheists are not big enough pricks for it to be the most rational course of action they could take.

The theist does have an additional reason not to take advantage of her, but atheists have plenty of reasons too.

cuddling is nice.

>most atheists are not big enough pricks
I know that's a lie because of my experience with atheism and their supporters

If we're both gonna try she'll probably put out anyway.

>atheism and their supporters

>In such a situation, a theist would never take advantage of the woman.
It's not like priests regularly take advantage of and abuse children or anything

BTFO

Not entirely true. Many Muslims would rape her as well because mohammad told them it's not a crime to rape, rob, and murder non-muslims.... which is why so many people despise islam and muslims.

Basically you're pointing out the essence of morality: A said action benefits me, and hurts another party. Without consequences (in either this life, or the "next") why shouldn't I take the action which benefits me. The only counter argument is "out of concern purely for the other person/party".

why do people unironically reply to this shitty thread?

Atheist here.

Nah

Only thing stopping you from raping people is fear of punishment?

I'll just jerk off in front of her and make her feel uncomfortable.

>unless I have some sort of grudge against a person I won't hurt them
>unless hurting the person provides me with pleasure/satisfaction/relief I won't hurt them
Oh well I have so much more confidence in the firm morality of atheists now!

The biggest psychopaths, sociopaths, serial killers and mass murderers have been atheists.

As a Christian, I could never harm another human. God is the author of life. We were all made in His image.

I would just kill her.

no, its called having respect and dignity towards others.

atheists do not believe in morality, because in their worldview its relative/subjective. an atheist can rape her and have no qualms about it because we r just monkeys that existed by pure chance amirite lmao praise evolushian

Outside of the Mongols and the Ottomans, Europe was ruled solely by Christians between the 400s and 1800s. Are you saying there were no wars or genocides?

No. But religion are often used as an excuse to go to war, the only exception I can think of is Islam where killing others is part of their beliefs.

The Roman Catholic church on the other hand, often was about political power or getting territory. The Papacy used ``Christianity´´ as a tool to conceal their real reasons for going to war.

Hitler and Stalin did the things they do because they genuinely believed there is no God and we are all just a cosmic accident. There is no judgement or eternal damnation, we are all just animals. This gave them the excuse to systematically kill millions of people. No Bible-believing Christian would ever do that.

Fucking attention whore just let me die in peace.

See
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/03/when_is_it_okay_to_rape_a_woma.html

>a human being
>completely rational

Pick one.

>The Roman Catholic church on the other hand, often was about political power or getting territory. The Papacy used ``Christianity´´ as a tool to conceal their real reasons for going to war.
Islam did the same shit yet you said that's the exception

This thread is bait and is in clear violation of global rule #3.
Reminder that bait thread belong on /b/
Reminder that non-secular religous studies are divinities and by definition are opposite of humanities, and thus have no place on this board. This obviously includes philosophical debate based on non-secular "logical" axioms.
Religous and atheist debate belongs on /b/ and Reddit.
Discussion of religous literature belongs on Veeky Forums unless specifically pertaining to the historical/philosophical context of the literature, and never value judgments of said literature.
Reminder that typing "Sage" in the options field allows you to reply to an off topic thread without bumping it
Do not feed the trolls
Delete this thread and please respect the quality of this board in the future

Id be too freaking the fuck out Im gonna die to think of even raping a woman even if I was horny. Seriously you feel PTSD levels of hear when you know a natural disaster is gonna kill you.

>meaning they feel empathy
You realise empathy has jack shit to do with morality, right?
People don't realise empathising is a completely neutral experience, and in fact, can actually make you more racist, hateful, and backstabby.

Islam doesn't have a central authority like the Papacy you retard

t.psychopath

Empathy is the root of human morality thats why humans without it(psychopaths) are the most evil pieces of shit on earth.

Islams unholy book tells them to kill unbelievers. Killing is part of their religion.

The RCC is different because the Bible condemns murder. They used the religion as an excuse for the real reasons (land, resources, power).

>Empathy is the root of human morality
Nigga, empathy just means "imagine you are that guy".
You can use that mental exercise to beat, manipulate or screw him over by thinking what he is vulnerable at from his POV, or conclude that Gary from accounting/your neighbour/poor person/minority/homosexual is a rotten piece of shit that deserves to be shunned/mocked/oppressed/encounter difficulties.
>thats why humans without it(psychopaths) are the most evil pieces of shit on earth.
Not really. Just pretty callous about other people.

>An atheist on the other hand easily could if they so desired it, and certainly would if they were completely rational.
any truly rational atheist kills himself once he becomes a truly rational atheist

What a waste of time, the author never actually tackled the question and just spent the essay dismantling some dumb intern from the Ron and Fez show's stupid rape fantasy.

Is this bait or a genuine case of "this is what theists actually believe"? I can't tell anymore.

Religious people of all faiths (as do many atheists) have no issue breaking or selectively choosing morality to further their various grudges/desires/emotions. This argument is silly.

>inb4 no true scotsman