What was the first gang? What were gangs like back in the days? Was it cool like it is today...

What was the first gang? What were gangs like back in the days? Was it cool like it is today, drinking 40s and crip walking and having BBQs all day and shit? Were the gangs really that serious in New York like in the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=Chicago_Gangs
angelfire.com/ca5/ganglandexpress/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rgYOIYOi9pg
youtube.com/watch?v=QChrK0fb3Ko
youtube.com/watch?v=-pwIlBwVObs
youtube.com/watch?v=jnB-YCjNR4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>picture of cholos
>talks about cripwalking
>in New York

youre not american are you

A bunch of ghetto ignoramuses psyched over materialist culture. The story of every gang problem.

chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=Chicago_Gangs
angelfire.com/ca5/ganglandexpress/index.html

There are lots of footage from the 80's and 90's on youtube channels like DieNoRecords and Eazy-E Ruthless Records.

Rome was infested with various forms of niggotry.

The highest levels of crime were in Latin America and the Caribbean.
MedellĂ­n had a murder rate of 446 in 1992 when Pablo Escobar was around.

There was no "first" gang. If you are talking about the first west coast gang that had a lot of gang elements that we know today to be related to west coast gang banging then the Crips. The Crips were founded in Compton by Tookie Williams.

Ok, now here is where we can tell you are not American, OP. Niggas in Newyork were not about gang banging or killing each other over colors. In NYC you ran with a crew in order to sell dope and get paid, you didn't care about all of this extra shit.

Yes, NYC during the 80's and 90's was really crime ridden. Now, NYC is Disney land thanks to the increase policing going on over there and harsh criminal law reforms. I think gang banging in South Central LA has also died down, not as popular as it use to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgYOIYOi9pg

Im talking about New York in the late 1800s / early 1900s

How are you defining a "gang"? Are you emphasizing the criminality element or the shadow government element?

Either way, they're likely older than dirt.

Roadside bandits have pretty much always existed as long as there has been commerce. The first actual 'gang' in the sense of an Organized crime ring is hard to say for certain. The word "Thug" come from India, which refers to Thuggee's who would follow their victims along the road before killing them in the night via strangulation and robbing them of their goods.

The first high profile Criminal that we know of by name is Adam Worth, who ran the London Underground and dealt in prostitution, opium, robbery, extortion etc. Needless to say, gangs always have, and always will exist as long as there's money to be made.

The earliest record I can find is about a club for lawless urban youths in ancient Athens who styled themselves like Illyrians

Source?

>tfw white kid who was raised in nyc and always wanted to join a gang but the negros didn't let me

i only wanted to belong ; ;

I call bull shit on this. What borough are you from and why in the fuck would you want to join a clique?

Queens. Why? Being an edgy white kid who wanted to prove himself. Oh and a (perceived) sense of protection. People always backed down from fights in school because they didn't have blackup while another side always did.

Christopher Webber and Angus McBride. The Thracians 700 BC-AD 46 (Men-at-Arms). Osprey Publishing, 2001, p. 6.

Brap

>Was it cool like it is today
Americans are not gangstas, senpai. Real gang shit isn't "cool".

youtube.com/watch?v=QChrK0fb3Ko

Just because they sell crack and get initiated by shooting a civi doesn't mean they are hard. You can most probably, no matter where you live in America get a gun capable of murder just down the road.

youtube.com/watch?v=-pwIlBwVObs

>what was the first (thing that has existed/ in all likelihood has existed since before written history) lmao
sick of these dumbshit threads

thats right, no dollar store hold up is worth getting a few 9mm federal hydra-shoks in your torso

This is the softest shit I've seen. UK gangs ? really nigga? Any American gang member would fucking wreck any of these dudes whether in a shootout or catching the hands.

UK gangs gtfo out of here

Gang culture is nothing but tribalism

The first Irish stories are stories of cattle raids

I really do not want to get into a pissing match about gangs. But there is one simple fact which makes "UK gangs" superior, there is no such thing as "UK Gangs" I mean, sure there are. US gangs are literally nation wide, "UK Gangs" are local London gangs, they all live in the same town, every single gang you will hear of from the "UK" lives within a 1,572 km2 area.

American gangs do span nationwide but they are broken into autonomous tibes called sets.

There are no Crips nationwide. There are hundreds of thousands of members of the Crip Nation.

youtube.com/watch?v=jnB-YCjNR4o

JJ is doing 15 or so for murder. You cannot look at the UK gang scene at face value, they are not fake. Any kid looking like JJ in America would get laughed out of the room so quick he will be applying to Harvard.

2006 called, they want their carry ammo back

fucking niggers

In the 30 and 40's, the Italian mafia were infamous. They were the original gangsters.

In the 80's you had Cuban and Colombian drug cartels in Miami.

The 90's gave rise to black thug and rap culture. Crips, Bloods, etc. Degenerates.

The best of gangs are the sophisticated ones, the crime families or mobs. Nigger gangs are pathethic.

Nigger they're all degenerates and the bloods and crops have been Round since the 70s.

Greeks had youth gangs that pretended to be barbarians.
Roman cities have "collegia" of informal power brokers and middlemen who controlled crime and informal trade in Roman cities.
Imperial China had bandit armies or the Kongsi. Literally means "Clan Hall" its basically a clan-based syndicate that stemmed off systems of nepotism in Chinese bureaucracy and cities which grew then to be legit gangs who were usually into smuggling contraband, human trafficking, or middleman/brokering and protection rackets, usually employing clan members and close friends.

>first gang
probably some caveman group that killed other cavemen and stole their berries.

Source

Roman collegia, dude.

The italian mafia were probably based on these assholes.

WHERE'S DA FUCKIN FISHSAUCE?

I AM A SON OF HADES! I FUCK CONCORD IN HER ARSE!

YOU NEVAH DID HAVE THE MAKINGS OF A VARSITY OLYMPIAN