Is there a place kind of like Veeky Forums but where people actually know what they're talking about...

Is there a place kind of like Veeky Forums but where people actually know what they're talking about? (and also with fewer buttblasted delusional bongs)

r/history

r/AskHistorians

Veeky Forums.

It's like Veeky Forums and we know what we're talking about.

Always assume no one anywhere knows definitively what they're talking about.

/pol/

The library.

therightstuff.biz

Wikipedia

>>>/gsg/

reddit unironically
now go away

your nearest university

This is your closes bet as far as internet goes apart from online libraries.
Other than that, Universities and libraries.

>Hi guys, what are other fora I can colonise with /int/'s brand of vaguely historically themed shitposting, but better ones so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time while turning them to shit

Damn it all, one of the key reasons I dislike reddit is their authentic condescension to alternative viewpoints that are backed up by facts and their dumb karma system forces other opinions to disappear. There's no fun in talking about history on that website.

Well, most sites are like that. It's pretty fucking sad. Despite the shitposting and memes, if you go past that even Veeky Forums has better historical conversations. Granted, ya gotta dig through shit to get to them, but at least here people will have a debate and discuss shit in between all that and we don't have the issue of the mods or boards being biased one way or the other to stifle shit.

Thank god our mods are such lazy and ineffective faggots and that we can't just dogpile and downvote everything.

>this triggers the /pol/

>Actually reccing Reddit
Maybe you two should go back hmmmmm?

I'd say Veeky Forums is much more diverse in outlook and informed that any reddit community that I know of.

But since you're redditard that doesn't comprehend the mystique of 4bing I bet you think this board is all just shitposting and fail to see the compelling points made here.

>the compelling points made
>on Veeky Forums

Nobody even knows any history here or has any interest in rational discussion, it's just edgy autistic 14 year olds shitposting epic Nazi memes or secretly rebelling against their Christian parents.

the only place with a consistent level of even semi-informed posts is /r/askhistorians

the only place i've seen consistent decent posting on economics is /r/badeconomics (though the mods have fucked it over a bit there) and even some memes

reddit is shit but everything else is so much worse (well maybe not worse than the main reddit boards)

It's seems to be /int/ style posters here to have a pop at Britain that know the least.

Id prefer /pol/ tp this board desu. If you dont cite your sources (and who would in a fucking Reddit post) then your post will be removed. Comments are deleted all the time. There's absolutely no freedom of discussion, which is what history discusssion should have, so as to shed light on alternative viewpoinrs.

It's everything wrong with Reddit on steroids.

Nobody knows as little about British history as Brits. Which is quite natural since it requires a whole lot of ignorance to maintain that level of hilariously delusional self-importance.

Thank you for nicely illustrating my point.

>If you dont cite your sources (and who would in a fucking Reddit post) then your post will be removed
As it should be on a proper history forum.

>Veeky Forums has better historical conversations. Granted, ya gotta dig through shit to get to them

This is true. We've had some great threads before, like that long one on the Great Game period in central Asia (on which I knew very little beforehand), several on the late- and post-Imperial migration period, and those Russian Patriarchate shill Orthodox threads were good (not the ones with that tripfag, what's his name? I forget it). There was also a guy that posted about

The & Humanities was a mistake, as few people seem to have any grasp or education in philosophy and every philosophical thread I have seen on here has been an utter failure of memes. Some guy posted who was knowledgable in Medieval Jewish philosophy, I even saved the post; it's those sort of things that make me come back every once and a while

>every philosophical thread I have seen on here has been an utter failure of memes

i've never really seen a good discussion of philosophy that didn't involve actual academics, i've seen ok discussions of literature, history even some scientific stuff with non-academics but something about philosophy really attracts very stupid pseuds

fuck off back to your circlejerk shithole, nobody wants you here if this place is so bad anyway.

/pol/ unironically takes the political compass test, making them just as bad as r/news, r/politics and r/political discussion.

r/history is trash. r/askhistorians is redeemable but has less potential than this board.

We need 8c style stickies and ways to encourage community contribution