What country has the best historical architecture? My vote goes to Italy:

What country has the best historical architecture? My vote goes to Italy: italicroots.lefora.com/topic/1254/Italian-Architecture

Everywhere else in Europe seems to be extremely urbanized and modern or had a lot of it's historical buildings destroyed in WW1-WW2 like Germany, but Italy seems to have managed to preserve their historical stuff more than anyone else.

Architects often want to go to Italy.

Is there a reason for that? I agree with OP's point, but was it just the fact that Italy was spared of the carpet bombing of world war two or something?

renaissance you dip

Yeah, kinda. Some places in Northern Italy suffered damage though. Nothing very drastic like how it happened in Germany, but the gallery of Milan had to be rebuilt a bit for example.

not sure if retarded or baiting

attitude is very different

italian:
>beautiful building was damaged
>lets rebuilt it to preserve our cultural heritage

german:
>beautiful building was destroyed
>lets build... a bunch of GIANT SOLID BLACK CUBES TO ALWAYS REMIND US OF THE JEWS

Have you gone to Germany? They pretty much rebuilt everything.

>Is there a reason for that?
The sheer amount of stuff and the delayed industrialization and population boom ensured it.
Italy got its fair share of heritage destroyed, but they had so much more than anyone else that you'd never notice it just by comparing the country with the rest of Europe.
Also by the time Italy needed to raise industrial areas and new population centres, ideas about preserving the country's cultural heritage were already fairly mainstream. Had Italy industrialized at the start of the 19th century, there would certainly have been lots more damage.

Syria.

Aleppo is the oldest surviving populated city in the world.

Everything?

The original was also ugly to be honest.

Prussia then

Prussia now

Graffiti still hasn't been cleaned today

>JUST

I personally found Seville the comfiest place on earth with a pretty rich history and diverse architecture