Do you know of any good books on the War of the Roses, user?

Do you know of any good books on the War of the Roses, user?

And maybe UK history in general desu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xYCwsCz6
pastebin.com/iY9Ps8Rt
pastebin.com/b05TCufU
youtu.be/8usSAMpuSVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The White Queen lmao

Blood red roses.

Two branches of the same French family fight to know who will rule England, but in the end both get played and a Welsh family takes over

A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin

Also looking for books about Cromwell

Just read Game of thrones lmao

Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir

Any definition that would make the 15th century Lancastrians and Yorkists French, would also make the Tudors French. Hell, Henry Tudor himself was litterally 1/4 French and spent most of his youth exiled in France and was helped to the throne by a big sack of French cash and French soldiers.

75% of the books on the subject have the highly creative and original title of "The Wars of the Roses". There's been a small surge in new books coming out in the wake of the Richard III discovery so most book shops should have a good selection.

The Osprey Essential Histories and Campaign: Towton, Tewkesbury and Bosworth are good introductions to the main points and battles. Blood and Roses is about the Paston Letters, a series of documents between a minor gentry family and how they saw the Wars through their own eyes. I'm currently reading Battle Royal: The Wars of Lancaster and York and enjoying it so far.

It's true to a degree. Game of Thrones is so heavily ripped off from that war that if it wasn't for shit like dragons and other supernatural shit it's basically historical fiction based on that war.

>young person living in exile who's symbol is a dragon, coming to take their rightful throne after the usurper king has grown fat and died, and his wife and brother rip each other apart for control

Yep, seems legit!

By this retarded logic, how long does a lineage have to live in England and speak English to be English?

>and maybe uk history in general desu
See pic related.

>1814

Interesting choice of date...

Go fuck yourself. I just said that there were some differences, but if you're denying that the parallels aren't pretty obvious at time then you're just an ignorant sack of shit who is le memeing hard to be contrarian for the sake of it

I was agreeing with you fuckface.

I've yet to see a decent explanation as to why the white queen is so horrible, that can't also be applied to the entire historical fiction genre.

Can you literally have just one thread without your shitty /int/ bait?

Bump

pastebin.com/xYCwsCz6
ctrl f oliver cromwell
you'll find a few works in here
pastebin.com/iY9Ps8Rt
you'll find quite a few here
pastebin.com/b05TCufU
ctrl f "WARS of the roses" (not war)

Bump

The court language of the Plantagenets was Norman-French. Edward III was the 1st post-Conquest king to speak the language of his subjects (Middle English). It wasn't until the aftermath of the Hundred Years War that French finally faded out amongst the nobility and royalty.

Here is a video about it. Very summarized and I got turned around trying to follow it.

youtu.be/8usSAMpuSVI

The War of the Roses was the best thing to happen to England since John lost Normandy to Philip II. England's curse since 1066 was the Norman and Angevin Kings and lords who fucked the land and people over with their petty squabbles and expansions in Gaul.

The War of the Roses decimated quite a bit of the aristocracy; many of whom were descendants of the Norman invaders. And it finally extinguished the Plantagenets as a dynasty. Even though the Tudors were a bastard offshoot of the Plantagenet, they did more good than harm in the long-run for English identity and policy.

Hell if I was an able-bodied veteran of the Hundred Years War when the War of the Roses broke out, I'd be in glee while killing off every Anglo-Norman family I can get my hands on. The English should've finished the job and decimated those parasites.

I've only watched the tv show, which was pretty horrible.

Bump

yugioh

>Do you know of any good books on the War of the Roses, user?

The Russian aristocrats spoke better French then Russian right until the end. Was Russia a French colony?

he said good. also Homer has more meal descriptions for page yet he is the utmost canon