Who do you guys think is the spirutal succesor of the eastern roman empire?

Ottoman Empire

The Ottoman Empire

no it's greece u fucking cockroaches

The Byzantine Empire was literally the same state as the Roman Empire, it was not a successor, any more than the north of England is a successor to the south of England.

Bulgaria, Greece or Georgia.

Georgia spent the least amount of time under the Ottomans and was in contact with the last rump state of Trebizond.

The Greek Orthodox Church has the most connections to Constantinople, but it was thoroughly cucked by the ottomans.

Bulgaria was closer and less cuckolded, but it was also antagonistic towards Byzantium.

No one.

/thread

The Roman empire was built by pagans, so they are not the same

Spain, they literally bought the title of Emperor.

>"Roman" Empire
>didn't control Rome
Lol

Greece. Same religion, same language. The people even used to call themselves Romiois before the War of Independence and "Hellene" became more popular.

Roaches.

Can't you faggots just accept the Roman Empire is dead and gone, has been for over half a millennia now.

Spiritual successor is a meaningless term that confers only bragging rights. Its useless in a historical discussion.

Russia because they said so.

no one

Mt. Athos
It was an autonomous state under the Eastern Roman Empire and has stayed autonomous to this day, making it a sort of rump state

The United States of America.
I mean this genuinely.

state-wise, turkey

spiritually? Russia I guess

I'm the cuckcessor or the cuckman cuckpire

I'll get over it when all turkroaches are dead

this

No one

Eastern? You mean Western.

Today? Russia.
The Western Roman Empire is the Catholic Church.

Every orthodox country.

>West converts to Christianity same time as the East.

>Eastern Half survives the collapse.

>But its not dur same :(((((((( Muh Jupiter, muh wodnaz!

REEEEEEEEEE PLEBS GET OUT.

Rome sucked dick by the 3rd century and it wasn't even the capital in the Last century of the West.

Is there anything Byzancucks don't get rump-ravaged by?
>triggered by turkposters
>triggered by veniceposters
>triggered by HREposters
>even triggered by roman pagan posters
Lmao get it together, you're embarrassing.

The United States of America is the only logical successor to Rome.

There is no such thing as a spiritual successor to a country. That is not a thing.

>spiritual successor

The fuck does that even mean? There is none. The Orthodox Christian culture of the east was destroyed systematically over the centuries. Shit, the closest thing one could argue that still vaguely Roman is perhaps the Coptic church or the Church of the East. There is no state entity that has any meaningful ties to Rome.

first person ITT to not try jerk his favorite country off.

>christianity
>roman
>successor