What was the best decade in U.S. history?

What was the best decade in U.S. history?

le 90s

This, basically.

The 90s cream the 50s.

90s>50s>20s>2000s>60s>80s>70s>2010s>10s>40s>30s

the 17th/18th/19th centuries mostly sucked I imagine

Manifest Destiny was pretty cool
So was kicking the asses of the Spanish

unironically the 90s

1991-2001

>the 17th/18th/19th centuries mostly sucked I imagine
>he doesn't know about the gay 90s
People drooled over the 1890s in the 50s like retards drool over the 1990s today.

what was so shitty about the thirties? besides the great depression, of course.

Do you really need more than everyone going broke and America's breadbasket turning to dust and everyone being kicked off their family farms?

good point

the 90s

50s is cool if you are in the suburbs but if you are in the suburbs then you're probably good in most decades

1920s, more society """ progression""" with new stabler technologies from the Edwardian period.

Plus, SILENT MOVIES ARE AMAZING

Why is the 40s so low? That was the decade in which they finally conquered the entire world outside the Iron Curtain.

60s wasn't really that bad it was basically just the 50s for the most part

hippies were a small minority in California until the 70s and the Vietnam war

90's easily win

>cream

Fucking hell, not heard cream used in that context for litterally years. I feel so old...

>Plus, SILENT MOVIES ARE AMAZING
thanks reddit

this

1910s-1920s is the only answer

America from 1950 till now is a consumerist hellhole

Why is 90's ranked so high? i dont know much

Nostalgia, most of Veeky Forums is in their 20s

1850-1920, 50's and 90's

You're on Veeky Forums.

In terms of aesthetics, the 80's easily.
2000s are very strong as well.

Because unless you're in 45+, shit is going to suck. Everything is rationed, you're probably conscripted into SOMETHING (unless you're a woman) whether it's the military or some type of industrial work for military use. Wages suck. Literally everything is about the war. Once you push past 45, you probably lost your job, tensions with the Soviets means you think war is on your doorstep and you're going to have to go through it again. Korea happens. The lack of war spending means a recession at the end of the 40s which affects you as well. The 40s look nice on paper but in reality, probably not so good for most folk.

The future is great and anyone who disagrees is a "born in le wrong generation" faggot.

>everyone carries around pocket-sized supercomputers
>medicine at it's highest point
>entertainment of today and the past all easily accessible in digital form, even easier if you feel like pirating
>information is free and accessible through your pocket-sized supercomputer
>travel is cheaper and easier than ever
>life is so fucking easy that you can never leave your house and be perfectly fine, working at home and having everything delivered to your door just by pressing a button

2050s

>cybernetic implants, 50% average lifespan increase, post-scarcity society, regular trips to orbit, asteroid mining, Martian-bros, the list goes on

Is there a better decade? I doubt it.

50's

The future could be great. The future could be awful. We don't know because it hasn't fucking happened yet.

I always liked the roaring 20s

90's 90's 90's... Ask me how I can tell when all you little non-brain using retards were born. Yes, it is that transparent.

10s: Nothing to big or bad happened
20s: Roaring 20s, however WWI was going on
30s: mostly bad, especially with the Great Depression
40s: WWII, but jobs are abundant and America could never be more united
50s: Economic boom, but fear of nuclear war
60s: Social changes for better, but Vietnam War
70s: The 30s, but worst with death and destruction everywhere
80s: The economy is back on track and the Soviet Union eventually collapses
90s: Same as 10s

I think I'd pick the 80s

1853 - 1862

U.S. involvement in WWI was 1917-18. The US made out great in terms of other great powers in the war but it did lose like 116,000 dead during its short involvement.

Then 700,000 people died of the flu in one year.

Then there was a massive post-World War 1 recession.

the 10's were shit.

1990s all the way. Global dominance, security, prosperity, shaved vag becomes the norm...
There was a massive depression in 1913.

Work in unsafe hellish factory 12 hours a day.

Go to Western Front for trench warfare, get poison gassed and shell shocked.

Finally make it home. Die 12 months later of Spanish flu with your entire family.

The future is right the fuck now. Shit is great.

1990's, but 2016-2024 will be similar once Trump makes America great again.

>2000's
>JUST the decade

Economy was great, we weren't involved in any major wars, technology was advancing rapidly, and other shit I'm probably forgetting.

>climate change causing massive crises and possible civilization collapse

The future SHOULD be great, but we're fucking it up for ourselves.

More like
>Starving with Mutumbo and all the other niggers in Europe after all whiteys is dead n' shieeeeet

80s. thats where all our cool digital technology comes from.

Eternal Trump Regime > Antebellum Period > Manifest Destiny > Baby Boomer Fervor > Roaring Twenties > Edwardian America > Turn of the Century > Colonial America > Reconstruction Era > Cold War Era America

secure American hegemony over the world, the 50's had the Cold War and the civil rights movement, until Islamist terrorism set its sights on the West America felt invincible

>including the civil war
JUST