Daily reminder that literally nothing could penetrate the King Tiger's frontal armour

Daily reminder that literally nothing could penetrate the King Tiger's frontal armour.

My dick could.

*breaks down*

What if something went directly down the cannon?

Daily reminder that you could basically have a Tiger 2 by using something much older and cheaper called a "pillbox".

A pretty stormy thread.

That isn't penetrating it, that's avoiding it

lol who cares

Brit 17lb
Piat

It was only American weapons that could not penetrate the armour.

D-10T

not yet...

triggered

>*out maneuvers behind you*
>nothing personnel kid

assuming that tank's crew didn't burn up upon switching to first gear out of the factory, pic related would get it soon enough

High caliber HE shells would spall the fuck out of it and turn the crew into paste.

Daily reminder that the T34 was objectively the best tank of the war.

I dont know, it was the best because they were high in numbers against the enemy. But somewhere id really hate to be using them in ww2 because the massive losses they had, total cannon fodder. I do NOT want to be a t34 tank crew in ww2

>German transmissions

The funniest joke of the entire war.

I personally I prefer Japanese AA.

Daily reminder Russoboos are objectively wrong and the 76mm armed, HVSS equipped Shermans were the best tanks of the war.

>uses increasingly poor quality materials on tanks as the war goes on

17 pounders could and did, and 76mm apds could as well.

and any other high velocity AT gun if it didnt penetrate would cause lethal spalling due too shit tier german armor quality by the time the tiger II started being pushed off the production line and into the repair depots

We imitated the King Tiger

German tehnology with superior nippon steel, whitu piggu even can't compete.

This

>17 pounders could and did, and 76mm apds could as well.
Literally no proofs. The only one to penetrate it frontally was a BS-3 in Soviet tests.

>Despite the wartime testing, there is no reliable evidence that the front armour of the King Tiger had ever been penetrated in combat.

>'but it was possible!'

Man, the sight of nazi germany heavy tanks make me think of that thing you bought online, drunk, and cost much more than you could afford and now you have it sitting in your living room and regret everything.

How many times did you fold that tank?

The armor and gun were good, but otherwise the King Tiger was a piece of fucking rubbish.

This tank is made of only three sheets of paper.
Is not it amazing?

What about a 122mm AP?

Or an ISU-152 for that matter...

MUH PAGODAS

The American heavy, Calliope, or T-34 medium? huehuehuehuehue

FILTHY BURGERU YOU WIRR NEVER GET ON MY HOL*nuku droppu*oh no prease herp me rebuird

my favorite medium ever is the M4A3E8 desu

>I can imagine an NHK documentary on traditional origami chi-nu making
Don't talk shit about the pagodas dude. They look cool.

Awful, HEAT though has roughly equivalent penetration to a 100mm round from a BS-3 at 500 metres. Though a 122mm HE shell would be likely to mobility kill a Tiger II through spalling alone.

>nothing could penetrate it!!!
>stuff could penetrate it
>b-b-but nobody ever penetrated it in combat!!!!!!

The reliability was shit, the barrel was too long for use in urban combat, and you wouldn't have enough spare parts or fuel.

>Daily reminder that literally nothing could penetrate the King Tiger's frontal armour.

What are the Line-of-sight thickness?

Only because of a lack of training.

*breaks down*

Get yourself a neutron source. Little bit of radiation couldn't hurt.

Sherman could

>nothing could penetrate the King Tiger's frontal armour
Yes, of all 3 of them.

>sherman was thw best

>germans literally called them tommy cookers because they'd light up like a Christmas tree and roast everyone inside with a well placed panzerfaust

>Build a slab of armour on wheels
>Shit in every other department
LMAO NUFFIN COULD BENETRATE IT BEST TANK EVER

it doesnt matter if nothing could penetrate it, if nothing ever HAD to penetrate it

The sloped armor and relative ease of production/repair made them the best tank from a strategic viewpoint, super efficient; if you look at the kill/death ratios though, it's clear that either the German tanks were straight up better or their tank crews were way more skilled (or both).

Or that most tank losses weren't in fact caused by other tanks and that German ATGs were better at getting Soviet tanks in their sights than Soviet ATGs were at getting German tanks in theirs.

that looks dangerous hes so high up

*breaks down*

#boomgotem

>The sloped armor

Overmatching made it less effective than purely vertical armor or mildly sloped armor would have to the same trigonometric thickness would have

>giant flaw in frontal armor made obstesivly to provide a "firing" opportunity.

lol britbongs actually believe this

artillery caused the lowest proportion of tank kills. Stop playing video games faggot

>not two armwatches