Is immortality through being remembered throughout centuries 'good enough'? I mean, there's no alternative, but fuck

Is immortality through being remembered throughout centuries 'good enough'? I mean, there's no alternative, but fuck.

Immortality would be a curse. You should celebrate death, not fear it.

Death is shit. I like being alive and having time to do stuff.

There is no alternative yet.

But science will bring one or two.

Anytime now.

I'd celebrate your death, you wimp.

You won't know wether you're remembered or not so who cares. George Washington and some dead peasant are the same mulch in the dirt now.

Just end it.

How is this immortality you're speaking of? Does it include complete immunity to all diseases and regenerative powers? If not, then immortality would be an horrific nightmare. Imagine becoming blind or suffering a stroke and being left in vegetative state, or even something more simple such as diabetes. Imagine having to suffer of these things forever, without the ability to put an end to it.

Uh-huh. And when you've done everything, then what? If you're immortal, you still have eternity to go,and nothing left to do in it.

Literally doesn't matter, eternity is the most unimaginable horror whether you're fully fit or in a wheelchair.

"Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' "

ITT: baby-tier assumptions over eternity. Of course if everything you do is sitting in front of a screen shitposting you would think eternity is boring. Boredom is lack of purpose.

What happens when he finally gets the grapes? Given unlimited time, a person could do everything there is to do and learn everything there is to learn. Existence would be pretty awful after that.

nirvana

People who remember you after you die will eventually also die and eventually nobody will remember you

It's pointless

>Is immortality through being remembered throughout centuries 'good enough'?

Not even close.

You are retarded. Even with immortality you could never see every movie ever written or read every book ever written. Become practiced in several hobbies, master various sports. You could never do everything because there will always be more things to do. Fuck off.

>And when you've done everything, then what?
How is he supposed to do everything when there are people around him who always come up with new things to see and do?

I've always hated this argument against immortality. There is no way to do everything. There is literally an infinite amount of things to do.

The only people who buy into this argument are the most shallow, uncreative, insipid people. There is not even a modicum of mirth, or ambition or wonder in their base souls.

It's sad really.

Alexander
Gaius julius

When you're one thousand years into immortality and have done most things worth doing you will spend your evenings reading trash books and collecting barbies to spend time. With your 1000 years of wisdom.Most things are just formed by basic archetypes common to everything, and eternity is more time than you can comprehend

>you will spend your evenings reading trash books and collecting barbies to spend time
No you fucking autist. You would spend 50% of your free time eating, fucking, working out, socializing, etc. Mundane life already takes up half of your life, leaving only so much time left to experience the rest of what the world has to offer.

Seriously, blow your fucking brains out.

What is propagation of genes