So, where did the nails most likely go? How exactly does crucifixion kill...

So, where did the nails most likely go? How exactly does crucifixion kill? Why are these questions still basically unanswered today?

They have been answered you're just too dumb and incompetent to figure it out.

A thread died for this

Caspere knew that.

Nails go into hands (or possibly wrists) and feet.

Crucifixion usually kills the victim through bleeding to death, exposure, infection, dehydration, or suffocation due to muscle collapse.

this... or they impaled the heart, a vital organ

Heart or lung give or take. Really depends. Some crucifixions are more heinous than others

There are plenty still being committed today

>Tfw in my christian primary school they depicted him with ropes around his wrists instead.

I was told the slump it puts you in makes breathing very difficult, requiring some effort to hold yourself upright to continue respiration. A small piece of wood was added near the feet so the crucified could straighten themselves.

Eventually, you'd get tired and slump over, suffocating yourself. I don't know if that's 100% correct though.

>Grow up Catholic.
>Never think of anything wrong with the Crucifix, since it's prominently displayed throughout churches, religious buildings, and homes everywhere.
>Take buddy to church one weekend, says he's never been to a Catholic service before.
>Afterwards, he mentions how taken aback he was by the horrific display behind the altar.

It's strange how such a thing bothers some people when it's depicted in detail. I wonder how the display of the crucifix affects the minds of people who grow up seeing it and those who don't grow up seeing it, since when you get down to it, it is a very gruesome image.

It's an idol (like the bread "god")

Weren't his feet nailed one-over-the-other?

>Why are these questions still basically unanswered

Because you didn't bother to look for the answers.

Isn't history
Isn't humanities
This is divinity studies

>bleeding to death, exposure, infection, dehydration, or suffocation due to muscle collapse

So in other words. Nobody knows.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

That's what he meant by muscle collapse.

It's the Christ, I don't think that makes it an idol. A depiction of our Lord at his moment of triumph over evil.

Many protestants disagree with this though, seeing the resurrection as the triumphant moment, not the death. It's why they use the empty cross from a theological standpoint.

This is 100% history you retard, Crucifixions happened a shit ton back then

idol - an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship

idol - a person or thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered

it's exactly an idol

Don't question it, they have been denying being idol worshipers for over 1000 years.

nowhere because it didn't happen

Then that is correct. We do worship the Lord. I was thinking you were talking about worshiping a specific object as if it was a separate entity unto itself; no one worships a chunk of wood and plaster as a God.

>Crucifixions didn't happen

idol worship is a sin

They're not worshiping the object, therefore it is not an idol.

What a retarded execution method.

It was a lot more than just execution

Rethink your life.

Rethink your life. Jesus was most definitely a 100% historical figure regardless of if you believe he was the son of God or not.

Your little theory is just that a theory. You fucking fedora queers are delusional at best. It isn't the world that needs to prove he existed but the other way around, you need to disprove he existed

>It's the Christ, I don't think that makes it an idol. A depiction of our Lord at his moment of triumph over evil.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

It was more of a way to cause fear and repression.made people not want to commit crimes.

Also, you are correct, we prefer plain crosses because they represent the victory of the Lord over death.

>retarded execution method
All who walk this road will know the fate of this rebel army

It was actually a genius one. Roman citizens could not be crucified, so it highlighted the non-Romanness of the victim. It was horrifically painful and easy to demonstrate.

After the failure of the Spartacus slave revolt, thousands of slaves were crucified along the main road out of Rome for hundreds of miles.

it's meant to be terrifying, not efficient

According to this depiction you were only 4 feet above the ground and with a foot rest conveniently placed to support your weight.
There are construction and vehicle accidents worse than having a nail pierce you hands and people still live. And the amount of persecution by the Romans might have been exaggerated. Something worse would have been the brazen bull or the blood eagle were worse but then again the Romans were supposed to be civilized.

>I'm stuck to this beam can you help me out?

are you retarded or just willfully being an ignorant jackass?

nigga, you stupid as fuck. The foot rest is there so that the guy can die suffocated after he stops trying to breath.

Nails in the hand; the person is not suspended by his hands.

Nails in the ankle to attach the feet to a board upon which to stand with your arms over your head.

You have to push up to breathe.

As you get weaker and weaker, you become less and less able to push up to breathe.

You suffocate. Can take days. They came up with a new word to describe how painful crucifixion is: excruciating.

Yes, Christians have clearer theology than pagans.

Had Jesus just died, we would have no hope. We would be as damned as Catholics.

But since Jesus rose from the dead, that is our hope that he will raise us too.

Which is why your crucifix, and your staff your false prophet carries about, is intended to humiliate Jesus, not elevate him. A broken cross with a dead man limbs akimbo.

Not the glory of the empty tomb.

movies aren't reality

>I'm stuck to this beam can you help me out?

>sure friend. I don't mind getting killed for interrupting a state-sanctioned execution of a slave/barbarian

People carry crosses because it is a dark infernal death cult, by their fruits ye shall know them and their fruits are not apples, but rather the raping of children, the burning and torturing of people...

Better become a gnostic.

Or...or...it's a reminder of the sacrifice he made for the world.

God, it's like protestants really are autistic.

The representation serves as a vessel for your worship, you aren't worshiping the mahogany wood that makes up the image, but the idea that the idol represents.

It is an object of worship in that it serves to receive worship on the behalf of an idea/being.

This is idolatry.

If that cross still effects Him we are all doomed.

>the idea that the idol represents
so you mean God?

If divinity studies isn't humanities then wtf is it, engineering?

A sacrifice that would have not have been accepted by the Father had Jesus not been raised from the dead.

But you wouldn't know anything about that, because to you, Jesus is still dead.

And you worship his mommy.

Pseudo-science.

What does that have to do with what I just said?

A reminder of the act doesn't mean it still effects him, it is a visual reminder of the monumental thing he did for us.

>A sacrifice that would have not have been accepted by the Father had Jesus not been raised from the dead.

And he was, that doesn't make it any less important.

>But you wouldn't know anything about that, because to you, Jesus is still dead.

Not really, but only a protestant would be unable to recognize that.

>And you worship his mommy.

Nope.

I guess I had better show you the verse in the bible, because if I don't, who will? Your pedophile priest? Your satanic pope?

1 Corinthians (that's a book in the bible)(the bible is the Word of God)(God is the creator of the universe)(Jesus is God):

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!

Sounds like someones been duped.
No the foot rest was there to support a person's weight otherwise the flesh would rip through the nails under its own weight and it wouldn't be as aesthetic for the purpose of making it a public spectacle.

>Not really, but only a protestant would be unable to recognize that.

I recognize that your false prophet carries a broken cross stave with dead Jesus on it at all official functions.

Do you not see what I see?

Do you also think there should be no depictions of past events of any kind?

>your false prophet
The Pope is not a prophet

>>And you worship his mommy.
>Nope.

Yup. You pray to her as a goddess, you offer sacrifices to her as a goddess, you think she hears and answers your prayers, you call her the Queen of Heaven (a pagan title), and you call her co-mediatrix with Jesus, all of which is antithetical to the bible and Christianity.

Just promote Catholicism and see if people want to join it. It's basically the same as joining the Mormon church or the Islamic mosque.

There are none.

If you think there are, you have been deceived.

Correct.

He is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon, and has nothing to do with God. The first time he meets God is when he is thrown alive into the lake of fire.

What a glorious day that will be!

>You pray to her as a goddess
nope
>You think she hears and answers your prayers
She hears them but it's not up to her to answer them, she only intercedes for us in front of God.
>Queen of Heaven is a pagan title
It's a title of devotion.
>you call her co-mediatrix with Jesus which is antithetical to the Bible and Christianity
Nope

nigga you autistic as fuck.

Okay, see, the problem you and the other protestants are having is that you're operating under the assumption Catholics think Jesus wasn't resurrected and that he's still dead.

They don't.

That verse does nothing to suggest Catholics are doing something wrong.

Which does not mean anyone thinks he's still dead or are trying to humiliate him.

It's called stylizing.

>Do you not see what I see

No, because I'm not autistic.

>Yup. You pray to her as a goddess, you offer sacrifices to her as a goddess, you think she hears and answers your prayers

Wrong on all counts!

Typical for a protty.

The empty tomb is a miracle, but the act of God suffering for the sin of mankind and NOT just commanding his angels to smite all the wicked around him? That's inconceivable by man, and his death was the saving act that brought about redemption for man by cleansing them of sin, in a sort of reversal of the first man bringing sin by disobeying God and eating of the fruit of the forbidden tree.

Humility is also a beautiful aspect of Jesus, and something we should strive to imitate. His sacrifice is one of obedience, even to the point of death, a call to all Christians on how to behave.

in this case Jesus, or God if that's what you believe

Please don't read my entire post and still say "we don't worship the idol".

>So, where did the nails most likely go?
Wrists, more precise space between bones where nerve is. Like on Turin Shroud. And ankles, we have bones of crucified fellow, it was ankle. Could have been feet tho.
> How exactly does crucifixion kill?
I would say slow suffocation via not being to take breath.
> Why are these questions still basically unanswered today?
Because a) who would care about criminals and how they die b) we have very, very dew documents from Roman times.

>the enemy of mankind hates humans obv
Lets have a look at your hip religion following that premise.
>give all you have
>let people smack you in the face
>become the ultimate beta cuck
>bless whoever hates you
>pray for those who attack you
>don't fuck

What is this, a death cult for masochists?

wut

You have to admit that he has a point. Not necessarily a GOOD one, but nevertheless.

The gospel of biblical lies says to give all you have and crazy shit like that, its like a manual on self destruction, pretty much the work of an enemy of mankind.
Death cult of dark powers.

he doesn't have a point. It's just a nonsensical rambling and he doesn't understand Christianism

>he doesn't have a point
Yes he does, it's all in the Bible.

I understand it well, it is the work of the demiurge.
Its a manual of self destruction which is why none of the cucks that claim to follow it get anywhere near a single commandment, it fucks you up.

are you that user that uses the word "obtuse" in every thread?

oh, it's AElian samefagging. Nevermind.

>two people disagree with me = samefagging
Honestly, people should be compelled to actually read the Bible before being allowed to call themselves christians.

It's probably the best way for the Messiah to have been killed for the sensibilities of Hellenes and Hellenized peoples and for the story to make sense than if he were beheaded like John the Baptist. Try convincing Thomas that your wounds are real after you've been decapitated.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

She has never heard from you, or anyone like you.

Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.

It's a pagan goddess.

969 "This motherhood of Mary in the order of grace continues uninterruptedly from the consent which she loyally gave at the Annunciation and which she sustained without wavering beneath the cross, until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect. Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation . . . . Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix."

So either you don't know jack shit about Catholicism, or you're just a typical Jesuit liar.

Your trips betray you.

None of what you believe is substantiated in the bible.

And without the resurrection, completely meaningless and useless.

No, it's a recipe for people who are following the satanic gospel to "eat the fruit, know good and evil, and thus be like God."

Jesus was adding more layers to the impossible by listing things God does, but man does not.

Jesus taught the Law.

The New Covenant, like any Last Will and Testament, did not come into effect until his death.

And would have been meaningless had he not risen from the dead.

Jesus said that to one rich young Jewish ruler.

If you want to expand that to all rich young Jewish rulers living at the time of Jesus, you would probably be justified in doing so.

Saying Jesus told all christians to give away all their money is foolishness. We were told to be good stewards with what we have been entrusted with. We were not forced into penury by our Lord.

I don't see the difference. The scars would have been circling his neck, not in his hands, feet and side.

Thomas just wanted what all the others had already received; visual confirmation that Jesus had risen from the dead.

It once freaked a kid out so much he published gross bootleg comics, for which he was arrested.
See: Mike Diana
Also, I sure as hell can tell you the crucifix scared me when I was young.

Catholics want to keep Jesus at the worst moment of his life.

Christians rejoice in the best moment of his life, his resurrection.

One of a million differences between Catholics and Christians.

>good an evil
And good consists on having a bad time by giving away all you have and letting people smack your face, amirite?

Boy am I satanic!

Except it is though

>How exactly does crucifixion kill?
You're fucking stuck on a stick in the ground, you're gonna die m8

Read the wikipedia page? Why is this thread still up

The historical specifics of every religion are so obviously provincial and particular to a time and place, written about by their overtly biased followers, and taking into account the sheer number and disparity of religious figures from all cultures, I am incredulous that religious people expect me to believe that they represent universal and transcendent truths.

Ive never understood why so many Protestants say Catholicism isn't real Christianity. If they revere Christ then they're Christian by definition.

I've been out of the religious loop for a while though so maybe some fundies can clarify.

Catholics don't believe the bible and they don't believe on Jesus

>Catholics don't believe the bible
lies. And "bible" is written with upper case, idiot.
>they don't believe in Jesus
We believe in Jesus. You're just uninformed.

If you think being a Christian is about "revering Christ" then you have a very shallow, bland and dumb definition of Christianity.

Christian is someone who has accepted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.
He understands the fallen world and the sinful reality of mankind.
He understands the need for redemption which only God can provide.
To be a Christian is to follow Christ, the narrow way.

Too bad you only have highly edited and biased words of people who wrote 100 years after Jesus dies to go by, seems like you are being pranked from beyond time and space. It sucks that you'll have to believe in magic in order to support your premise. Good luck.

>read bible
>give all you have
>read christian
>no, we dont have to do that
You only have to lie to people like your father I guess, as he is the father of lies

To be a christian is to become a son of YHVH the father of lies, they have lots in common seeming how they are asked to do this and that but they wont, instead they will tell some lie to cover their butts, this is what we call "working in mysterious ways" and everything works mysteriously in that religion since they speak of love but rape children and burn people alive.

>highly edited
Proof?
>biased
Proof?

Your post is nothing but assumptions and speculations because of your biased agenda towards God. You hate God, therefore seek to make everything associated with Him bad.

>We believe in Jesus
You don't believe on Jesus, you trust in your works to be saved.

>100 years after Jesus dies
Lmao you're fucking retarded, piss off fedora

>Your post is nothing but assumptions and speculations
> You hate God, therefore seek to make everything associated with Him bad.

More hilarious hypocrisy from the christfag.
God they are so stupid. Wow.

Feels good knowing scripture is extremely reliable and accurate.