Childhood is idealizing the industrial revolution...

Childhood is idealizing the industrial revolution. Adulthood is being morally ambivalent towards the industrial revolution and realizing that many things were lost just as many things were gained.

Other urls found in this thread:

internalmedicine.osu.edu/nephrology/article.cfm?ID=5307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean, my mom would have died of cancer if it hadn't been for the technological developments that produced her treatment

Would she have had cancer in the first place without the cancer causing chemicals as a result of technological developments?

Yes probably

She's never smoked or worked in an industrial job or lived in a smoggy city and lived a relatively healthy lifestyle, so I'm guessing yes.

internalmedicine.osu.edu/nephrology/article.cfm?ID=5307

If she lived in modern suburb and eats modern food she's exposed to just as many chemicals.

>Blames modern food when the paper cite "very little tobacco or alcohol use and limited sexual partners" as the main reasons
Why post something if you're not even going to read the abstract?

>implying the industrial revolution doesn't come with liberal social norms

That's just the theory. I personal believe it's because of their lifestyle.

Overall there's more freedom with now but with freedom comes responsibility and having to stop doing some of things you would like along with less free time. Like growing up. The transition from hunter gatherer to agrarian societies on the other hand.

Being older than 30 is pathologic
The neolithic revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Its surprising how much the right side resembles my current life.

As a generalization of this, child mortality rates would be an order of magnitude higher. But I guess you don't care if only 3 out of your 7 children will survive till adulthood if you're are a redpilled "adult".

When such things happen you are use to it. This it what makes constant food aid to Africa a mistake. It's natural in such societies to have a high a high infant mortality rate. It's not sustainable to constantly be feeding little kids just enough to survive and be a burden on infrastructure.

> It's easier to have half of your children die if everyone else's do too
Questionable. As far as we know, people in pre-industrial societies were as devastated by premature deaths as we do, they just had to endure it way more often.

I'd be dead without the advances in medical science that make it possible to safe the life of a prematurely born infant.

Yeah, quite probably. Cancer is basically a statistical inevitability in human growth if your life goes on long enough.

>anecdotals

Yeah, because this thread was just chock full of scholarly citations. Oh wait, the only one brought up was brought up by a traditionalist who didn't even read enough of it to realize it was counter to his point.

You get hardened by such things if you accept them as a fact of life. I'm not saying it wasn't difficult to have your child die, but being more understanding of the afterlife and fleeting nature of human life on earth is going to make one stronger in the face of such prospects.

In modern American society we shield ourselves from the prospect of death, making it an almost taboo subject irl (not in fiction).

>Yeah, because this thread was just chock full of scholarly citations.
It's pretty universal accepted that pollutants such as car exhaust contribute to cancer. This are all modern.

>The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

It's a shame these aren't the 14 words that everyone here refers to.

You have cars?You had grass. Luxury! When we were serfs, we had a concrete slab and our dad would make us get up at five in the morning and lick the pollution from the meatworks off it with our tongues before we were sent down 't mill to work a 23 hour shift

Youngsters these days don't how easy they've got it.

>industrial revolution
Merely tools, not the answer to death.

>When we were serfs, we had a concrete slab and our dad would make us get up at five in the morning and lick the pollution from the meatworks off it with our tongues before we were sent down 't mill to work a 23 hour shift
What you described was the life of someone post-industrial revolution. Not a serf. I hope it was sarcasm.

>Muh chemicals
I bet you're the kind of person that would be duped into banning dihydrogen monoxide.