Just once, I want to see England successfully invaded...

Just once, I want to see England successfully invaded. It's what they deserve for the Pax Britannica and all the shit that's just fallen into their lap.

won't ever happen

even nappy never managed it whilst master of Europe

The Dutch did it the last time

doesn't at all count, since they were a vehicle of regime change utilized by parliament

>What Was the Norman Invasion
>What was the Roman invasion

the most powerful organized nation in western civilization rolling over celtic primitives really isn't at all what OP refers to, nor is it coming out on top is a war of barbarian chiefs

*in a war

the danes/ norse did thrice if you count the danelaw
the normans too
and the romans

t. frenchposter

The US could invade the UK in a hearbeat if they wanted to.

Also the Normans successfully invaded in the 1100s iirc

there would not be any reason to, we already have

>1100s

you are a disgrace

>be the Eternal Anglo
>get jelly of dutch riches and naval prowess and surprise attack them, causing some damage but at huge cost
>try again, fail even harder
>be so butthurt that you ally with your rival France to finally defeat them
>get completely btfo
>Dutch have enough of this bullshit, build a larger fleet then the Armada, neutralize the Royal Navy, land an invasion army, depose the english king and replace him with the dutch leader
i-i-it doestn c-count, it w-was just a r-revolution

I suppose it's mission accomplished if this is how you really believe things came to pass :^)

>:^)
reddit, is that you?

harkening to your own favorite haunt are you?

>trying this hard to fit in

Everyone and their moms has invaded England at least once.

No, it's (you) ^:)

>The US could invade the UK in a hearbeat if they wanted to.

Why would you bother? You already have thousands of military personnel stationed here.

They're being invaded by Pakistan right now

The Norman one is interesting, Edward may have wanted William to succeed him, England was crippled by his death, Hadrada's invasion was almost synchronised with William's and some Historians believe the Norman's, who had not entirely relinquished their Viking roots were aware of this. The Normans also received papal support so could recruit mercenaries from vast swathes of Christendom. Though the Invasion was of-course successful, chronic resistance to Norman rule seems to have maintained an English identity. Pretty ironic that the Norman legacy was hijacked by the crown and parliament to legitimise a claim to the kingdom of France, something the UK maintained until the 18th century.

>What was the Roman invasion

See this is just stupid, the Roman invasion was not only before the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, the end of Roman rule enabled the the arrival of those Germanic seafarers.

The English, or at-least the Anglo identity is derived from the amalgamation of industrious sea-fairing Germanic tribes, the original Angles, Saxons, Jutes etc. but later the Danes and those of Canute's empire. In this sense, the Normans can be viewed as a final ingredient, not some colonial peril. Victorian Romanticism aside, the Norman yoke is a bit of a meme tbqfh.

The only country that could invade the Anglo kingdom is the Anglo republic, hmm.

Yeah, this tbqfh - they don't use honourable warfare though, just the race card and weaponised colonial guilt.

I wish that Operation Sealion launched just so that we could see a good old fashioned battle in Britain. A siege of Plymouth by the Wehrmacht would be wonderful to read about.