Why weren't the Ottomans forced to give the Greeks back their homelands after the Great War?

Why weren't the Ottomans forced to give the Greeks back their homelands after the Great War?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Offensive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lalakaon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They were. Mustafa Kemal promptly said "fuck that", kicked the Allies out of his country, and rekt the Greeks when they tried to take it by conquest despite the Greeks having an advantage in every area of materiel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Offensive

Why hasn't the UN stepped in?

And what, start redrawing borders based on where they were 400+ years ago?

the UN didn't exist and its predecessor the League of Nations had just formed and proved to be a toothless organization without any brawn.

Well yeah. The Greek people live there. Turks are from out west. Kurds should be given back land too.

Why hasn't the US or NATO put together a force to retake it? Its the least the west can repay the Greeks for kickstarting western civilization.

Ignoring arguments about morality for a second, Turkey is an American ally and also a very strategically important country of 80 million people with the world's 18th largest economy.

Greece is irrelevant shit.

Which is why we need to help Greece out. Repay them.

Not until they repay us.

Most of their losses are from rich foreigners exploiting their capital.

Wouldn't Turkey have had a vastly greater pool of troops including a good number of WW1 veterans, probably more then the Greeks.

Didn't stop the Allies

Turkey lost 1/4 of its population in WW1 and had trouble recruiting and equipping anyone because it was so ridiculously poor.

That had nothing to do with historical territory though, the Russians just wanted more territory within the USSR so they gave poland parts of germany

White people have always hated us. They use to limit our immigration to America because we are the "wrong stock" ffs. They preferred us to be enslaved than to be free and have Russia's influence expand. I wish we killed them all tbqh, they are ungrateful filth

And we want more territory for Greece, your point?

God I hate Byzaboos and Greek nationalists in equal measure.

They were "awarded" those lands.
they still lost the war, despite overwhelming advantages. Plain as that.
Who would want to go to war against Based Ataturk for some empty promises made to a frankly inconsequential nation beyond sentimental arguments?

btw read the Treaty of Sevres, even if we beat the Turks, Brits and France never intended to let us have Constantinople, it would have been an (((international))) zone. We were gonna get Jew'd like the Arabs and Palestine

I wish we were Asian. Fuck wh*tes

There is that overrated "DAE le Ataturk great man" meme again

t. Ahmethaliturka

many greeks prefered the Turban of the Turk to the Tiara of the Pope.

many greeks are resentful towards not allowing them to be another communist eastern block country, as if they had lost the chance to be Bulgaria.

don't you have morning prayers to pray mehmet?

Kek

It has been nearly 600 years and greek babbies are still mad.

This, Turks might be fucking assholes but at least they could fight.

>being able to fight well means you are allowed to steal others homeland

no

>steal
Nope, they conquered it. That land is rightfully turkish. Stay mad, greek fag.

someone needs to post that image of the /pol/tard bragging about European imperial conquest then losing his fucking mind at the idea of the ottoman empire.

Why did he loose his mind about the Ottomans?

you didn't even try.

Because they aren't 'european'.

If you poofters want it so bad then come and take it.

>The Greek people live there

Does it really matter whether a Greek lives in Greece, Turkey or anywhere else?
The whole world belongs to Greece.

They were promised those lands,it's just that they were forced into an unwinnable war with Turkeyby the allies. Greece couldn't maintain its invasion of Turkey, since its economy was tiny and underdeveloped from hundreds of years of Turkish occupation, as well the fact that it had constantly at war for about a decade. This, added with the fact that the death of their lost good monarch because of a monkey bite, the near civil between republicans and monarchists, the fact that they were barred from occupying strategically essential locations by the Allies like Constantinople, and south west Anatolia, Italy threatening to invade, the Allies not fulfilling their obligations to support the Greeks(The only reason the Greek army advanced past Smyrna was because they expected to be assisted by the Allies), and the fact that Ataturk was the best leader the Turks have ever had, meant that Greece never had a chance to claim their promised territory. A similar thing happened to the Assyrians and Armenians.

>The only reason the Greek army advanced past Smyrna was because they expected to be assisted by the Allies), and the fact that Ataturk was the best leader the Turks have ever had, meant that Greece never had a chance to claim their promised territory.
THIS

I read quite a bit about the Turkish War of Independence and the Greeks should've fortified the surrounding countryside of Smyrna and other strategic locales. The High Command wanted a knockout blow at Ankara (the capital of the new Turkish Republic) so that they could force a settlement. Big mistake. Their supply lines were overextended and it's notoriously difficult to remove a well-equipped enemy that's dug in the central Anatolian plateau. They were better off keeping the coastal areas.

If Turks wouldn't have genocided 1/4 of it wouldn't have been a problem.

greekcucks btfo again

>Macedonia
>kingdom of Serbia-Croatia

What the fuck ever, at least Yugoslavia or Kingdom of SHS.

I will forever hate Greece for failing so miserably and not taking Constantinopole.

>NATO
>1920
Jesus.

HAHA SO MUCH THIS X10000

Fucking Greeks are delusiona.

I bet "delusions of grandeur" comes from a greek word.

This drivel sounds like I should give a fuck about what Greeks want.

> Italians invade

I would be okay with this, it's time the Greeks stop making trouble and let Romanbros unite again.

TSARIGRAD BELONGS TO BULGARIANS

The Turkish nation state is doomed in the long run anyway (huge Kurdish birth rate, internal contradictions over what turkishness actually is etc), Greeks just need to bide their time, not be retarded and not get fucked by immigration and in a century they'll have the western part of Asia Minor back.

There's nothing more satisfying than Greeks getting completely devastated.

Constantinople was occupied by the UK at the time

jej

I am a romanoi-fanboy fag, but the Greeks had their chance, and they threw it away. As much as i want to remove kebab from the holy city, in the end the strongest party won. Greeks are just worthless nowadays.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lalakaon

Greece deserves her rightful clay!

And Germany deserves her rightful debts repaid.

I wouldn't really cry any tears if the turks were removed

erdogan is not helping their image

You fuckers fucked Greece over with the Euro.

Clearly it was Turkish influences that made Greeks think that stop working and taking out pensions after you turn 50 was a good idea.

This sentence makes no sense

that map is so depressing

Slovenes>Croats
Serbian interwar politicians approve.